Page 6 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 10:01 am

Well obviously it is two things one swimming/water related, and another smoking/weed related. c'mon slowmutant use your reasoning skills.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 10:10 am

That's really going to ruin his career.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 10:24 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Well obviously it is two things one swimming/water related, and another smoking/weed related. c'mon slowmutant use your reasoning skills.

I'm not into drug culture. There's gotta be all kinds of terminology I don't know.

Last edited by slowmutant on 11 Feb 2009, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 10:32 am

This is such a dumb story and it really irks me.

Legalize pot, in the name of democratic capitalism. :pirat:

It quite possibly could lead us out of our recession. The best way to create revenue is to give the people what they want and then tax it.

Also, it would free up the prisons and courts. (A penny saved is a penny earned).

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 12:37 pm

What kind of social changes would be triggered by legalizing pot, apart from the most obvious?

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 12:42 pm

Not sure but look how crappy things were during the US alcohol prohibition. A few morons here in Appalachia are still living it. (Moonshiners and stupid blue laws)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 12:49 pm

Does legalization mean unrestricted, totally unmonitored use? How about people just smoke up in the privacy of their own homes and not everywhere, anytime? Obviously, we can't have people getting high on the job. Crane operators, surgeons, bankers, none of these people should show up to work stoned.

Khan_Sama
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 1:03 pm

Most people I know who go to work stoned do a better job when they are high rather than when they are sober. They usually tend to smoke just enough to get a buzz. Or they eat a small ball of bhang (usually mixed with a yogurt based drink called Lassi) which is essentially crushed leaves of the plant, totally legal in India, although it's illegal to sell it without a license (few licenses are distributed, mainly only in holy places like Varanasi) except during the one-day festival called "Holi". Even so, the police turn a blind eye to distribution of cannabis. The buzz from a small ball of bhang lasts approximately 8 hours.

I guess it's a good thing that stoners in India realise that smoking such amounts of weed not only gives a pleasant buzz, it also helps them in being active. Whenever I've seen foreigners smoke weed, they tend to smoke huge amounts, and lie down for 2-3 hours doing nothing. >_>

Indians believe that small amounts of weed (bhang) are good for health, while moderate amounts (marijuana) tend to be semi-poisonous, and high amounts (hash) tend to be poisonous. Although this is entirely false and it really depends on THC content, you get the picture...

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 1:05 pm

I don't see why this should be a big deal....

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 1:20 pm

Quote:
Most people I know who go to work stoned do a better job when they are high rather than when they are sober.

How much responsibility do these friends of yours have?

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 1:43 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Does legalization mean unrestricted, totally unmonitored use? How about people just smoke up in the privacy of their own homes and not everywhere, anytime? Obviously, we can't have people getting high on the job. Crane operators, surgeons, bankers, none of these people should show up to work stoned.

The rules should be the same as drinking and smoking. (Not sure how that would be monitored since thc shows up the urine a lot longer than alcohol - yet is never as impairing as alcohol.)

Smoking-wise, it should follow the same laws as local tobacco smoking laws.

Perhaps pot offends you on an ethical, religious, or other dogmatic level - but the health and economic benefits and facts are worth looking in to. Not to say you should take it up - but maybe you will be a little less offended by people who do smoke.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 3:09 pm

Quote:
Perhaps pot offends you on an ethical, religious, or other dogmatic level

Not really.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 11:18 pm

slowmutant wrote:
What kind of social changes would be triggered by legalizing pot, apart from the most obvious?

You'd deprive cartels of a massive source of revenue, you'd free up police time and resources for other crimes, etc. Liquor gangs haven't been shooting at one another in the streets of Chicago since the end of Prohibition, and Amsterdam isn't exactly a hotspot of cartel violence. As has been mentioned, legalising pot would potentially be a massive source of tax revenue (the need for such revenue was part of the reason for ending Prohibition).
Not that it is likely to interest you, but ending the war on drugs would save some countries quite a lot of bloodshed.

The war on drugs: making the world safe for hypocrisy.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 11:26 pm

pbcoll wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

You'd deprive cartels of a massive source of revenue, you'd free up police time and resources for other crimes, etc. Liquor gangs haven't been shooting at one another in the streets of Chicago since the end of Prohibition, and Amsterdam isn't exactly a hotspot of cartel violence. As has been mentioned, legalising pot would potentially be a massive source of tax revenue (the need for such revenue was part of the reason for ending Prohibition).
Not that it is likely to interest you, but ending the war on drugs would save some countries quite a lot of bloodshed.

The war on drugs: making the world safe for hypocrisy.

Oh, yeah - that reminds me. At least as far as the US is concerned, the sad, sick, escalating violence along the Mexican border would be reduced significantly. So sad to think of all those people dying such violent deaths just so people in America can "escape and mellow out".

Just doesn't make sense for something that is so easy to grow...doesn't need a lot of water, nutrients, or attention - just sun. Literally - a weed.