Connecticut Welcomes You! (Or do you welcome Connecticut?)

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ReineDeLaSeine14
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Feb 2009, 3:27 pm

Hey everyone...my name is Stephanie and I'm obviously from CT.

I was diagnosed with Aspeger's a year ago a week before my 20th birthday...I told my mother when I was in the ER with a migraine because I figured you can't yell at a girl in a hospital :)

I go to university and I'm majoring in library science and French (yes I'm fluent). I love to photograph things...I love to do crafts and I collect Asian Ball Jointed Dolls. I love Oreos and Hannah Montana and have five computers.

I'm also visually impaired, I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and autoimmunity as well as bipolar disorder etc. "Autism just adds to my charm".

I'm around elsewhere on the web under this name for various things. Nice meeting you all!

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 3:31 pm

Why did you think she would yell at you?

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 4:09 pm

Welcome to the Wrong Planet community, Stephanie.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Feb 2009, 4:11 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 4:37 pm

Welcome to WP!

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 6:19 pm

Welcome. Bienvenue :)
Your message subject reminded me of a game show I saw the other day where the
following exchange took place:
Host,to new contestant 'Welcome'
Contestant replies 'Welcome'
Host 'No,I say Welcome and you're supposed to say 'Thank You'
Contestant 'Thank You'
Host 'You're welcome!'

sillyputty
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 6:30 pm

Hi, Stephanie :D

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 9:34 am

A person interested in contraries? Or is it just part of our Bipolar charm. Well you have charm, mine is highly debatable, but I don't mind and I never did. Maybe that's why they had me in a harness as a kid? Yeah so I like to word play too, doesn't everybody? So the original question. Is there a choice, other then the two you presented? :D

One can never have too many computers.

Welcome home. 8)

ReineDeLaSeine14

07 Feb 2009, 5:45 pm

You could always say "Screw it" and move to Massachussetts :)

I was really hesitant to tell people about it...at first my mom didn't believe it...but after it was confirmed she realized that really was part of what was going on. My sister it took even longer because she was trying to blame everyone else...and my dad just blames me.

I'm finding it hard to be here though because I'm currently in a relapse into my eating disorder (anorexia) and there is a massively triggering weight loss ad to the lower left corner of page...maybe I should try putting up a piece of paper or something...

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 12:49 am

ReineDeLaSeine14 wrote:
You could always say "Screw it" and move to Massachussetts :)

I was really hesitant to tell people about it...at first my mom didn't believe it...but after it was confirmed she realized that really was part of what was going on. My sister it took even longer because she was trying to blame everyone else...and my dad just blames me.

I'm finding it hard to be here though because I'm currently in a relapse into my eating disorder (anorexia) and there is a massively triggering weight loss ad to the lower left corner of page...maybe I should try putting up a piece of paper or something..

I hear you, loud and clear. Just know that even those that try to understand it, can't, even with an open mind. They tend to look at it as a black and white issue. Some are a little better at understanding or trying then others. Even after, gads, numbers, 10+ years, my wife still doesn't understand the complexities of it. She never will. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know all about yours, we're all different. I do hope your med route hasn't been as long as mine has been and if you have one that works, I hope the con side of it isn't too bad for you. If you don't have a med that works it is so worth to stick at the grind to find one. I am glad you found out early and, later, the more independent you can try to be, you can control your environment a little better. That isn't always possible, I know that, but try and when they knock you down, gather up your coping skills and try again. Your call on who you tell about it or any of it, mine tends to have broadened over the years. Some get it and some don't and I don't much give a damn about those that don't anymore. Let em move to Massachusetts. I'll help them pack and give them a little kick start in the general direction. I'm no angel. Understatement. You see with me the bipolar can override about any other label they have on me or haven't yet. This med works, not fully, but it's better. Just took about 14 years, give or take, to find it and a life time of not knowing I was at all. I just knew I was different. Nope I'm no angel and I take no prisoners, been in prison for far to long already, gotta try and set them free. And bullys? Don't even get me started on them, but there are a few that stick their noses in here and some don't even know they're doing it. If I don't whack em the moderators will. I rather enjoy it as a matter of fact. It's fun to take their brains out, play with it and put it back in, backwards. Gives them a new perspective, I think and they never know what hit them.

Comorbids. Anorexia, bulimia, cutters, bi-polars, OCD, ADHD, PTA, NASA, the ACLU and the common cold, errr maybe a few aren't here, but I wouldn't hold my breath that they aren't too and a hell of a lot more then I stopped at and I have some I didn't even put in there. The suicide word is not a dirty word here. People here tend to understand it, some of us very intimately. I don't use the words "welcome home" lightly.

Triggers. Hell of a word isn't it? I have to keep looking to find mine, figure them out. As for the one you mentioned, you can always bring it up in other parts of WP, there is an area just for commenting on what's bugging you about WP itself. Sometimes something can be done about it and sometimes it can't, but that damn ad is annoying as hell and not just to you. People that run the show behind the scenes understand and will go out of their way to see about issues and if it can't be fixed they will say why not.

There's no place like home, just click your heels 3 times together and get there, because you now have rubies to sell and one hell of a story to tell. I'm the one over in the corner just having fun, on the good days, I think I missed my first childhood. "My Back Pages" helluva good song.

Long reply wasn't it. Seldom will you see a short reply from me. I think the net can handle my volume and I don't give a damn about those that can't. Turn the channel or don't read it. Yell at me, complain to me and they just pulled my trigger and I'm going to pull theirs. I can write now and it's wonderful.

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 4:58 am

Welcome, fellow Nutmegger. :D

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 8:01 am

Apparently there are programs around that will "turn off" certain types of advertising and if I caught the drift of a thread correctly, it sounded like you wouldn't see the ad that is so offensive to you. A bit over my head as I don't know if they're talking linux/windows/etc based programs and I have never run them or looked into them before. The Computers, Math, Science, and Technology section here on WP would most certainly get you any needed information about such programs. I didn't see any discussion about this ad, but it has been discussed elsewhere and other ads are and have been discussed before. Hope this might help.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 8:52 pm

ReineDeLaSeine14 wrote:
... I'm finding it hard to be here though because I'm currently in a relapse into my eating disorder (anorexia) and there is a massively triggering weight loss ad to the lower left corner of page...maybe I should try putting up a piece of paper or something...

The simplest way to get rid of this as a problem is to switch to Firefox (or any other Mozilla browser) and use the add-on "AdBlock Plus". There are some hints on how to go about that in the FAQ.

PS. I posted the above in response to a nudge from postpaleo. :)

ReineDeLaSeine14

18 Feb 2009, 6:28 pm

Cool thank you.

Sorry I've been gone so long I had the wrong web address...

I just got diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Really hard to cope with when you don't always recognize your emotions and don't know how to express them.