Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Electric_Kite
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 12:49 am

Every time someone mentions Simon Baron-Cohen, the image that springs to my mind is that of Sacha Baron Cohen, and I end up with an autism doctor who looks like this:

Just saying.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 1:01 am

I have heard that the two are related but the SBC of autism looks rather more like a "normal" man and less like Borat.

http://www.autismresearchcentre.com/arc ... .asp?id=33

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Electric_Kite
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 1:28 am

Oh, I know. Well, I didn't know the two were related. But I know what the Simon one looks like. Yet the image persists.

Not that Sacha Baron Cohen looks all that odd when he's not trying to.

mechanima
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 6:15 am

Electric_Kite wrote:
Yet the image persists.

Not half as much as it does for Simon Baron-Cohen, I'll wager... :D

That must take some serious living down.

M

millie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 6:18 am

they are cousins

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 6:33 am

I wish he looked like that! :lmao:

mechanima
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 8:43 am

I utterly IDOLISE Sacha Baron-Cohen...

But I might feel a lot differently if he was my cousin. :oops:

I watched "Talledega Nights" last night, and though I loved every minute, I have to say, if that was MY cousin, I would be sitting at my desk staring down a loaded deed poll RIGHT NOW :lol:

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 8:48 am

Woodpecker wrote:
I have heard that the two are related but the SBC of autism looks rather more like a "normal" man and less like Borat.

Can you find the typo on this web page? I will give you one hint: it is a part of a link.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

08 Feb 2009, 9:14 am

Hmm. I listened to Simon Baron-Cohen on the radio once, and he sounds a lot different to what he looks like to me.

mechanima
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 9:37 am

In what way?

I have emailed with him and (apart from being AWED to receive an email from "number one cousin of Borat") he just seemed incredibly sweet...very gentle natured...went with the face...

Vulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2009, 10:05 am

"Borat" is also a orthodox Jew if i am not mistaken, most people cant really see how one can combine that behaviour with that religious view... but i think its brilliant :D

the name Cohen/Koen/Kohen ect is by the way is the mark of an ancient Priest caste...

Katie_WPG
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2009, 10:18 am

I'm kind of picturing what an autism research paper would sound like, if dictated by Borat...

"Hello! My name-a Borat! Todays, I will be talking to yous about autism. Yous sees, childrens with autism have what I calls "retardation". Some of these retardation childrens are very naughty childrens. It is best to keeps thems in cages. I keeps my ret*d brother Bilo in a cage, and hes is very funny when caged up. Maybe Bilo has autism. I don't knows. Anyways, that is all for todays, peoples! Tomorrow, I talks to yous about the dreaded Ass-burgers childrens!"

Changed
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Feb 2009, 10:21 am

He he. My Dad found a lifesized cardboard cut-out of Borat in the lyrca suit, which he gave to me.

While my housemate was on holiday I put it in his bedroom so it was the first thing he saw. It scared him so much he put his fist though it. lol

mechanima
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 12:37 pm

"Hello! My name-a Borat! This is Si-mon, he is my cousin, he live in a Cambridge. There are many tulips in a Cambridge. His job very important. He make ass-burgers, and one day, if he work VE-RY hard, maybe he get job work in MacDonalds and make REAL burgers"

Electric_Kite
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 6:25 pm

Hehe! The Borat-on-Autism scripts are great.

It might be rather nice to have Sacha Baron Cohen as your cousin. My cousins say it's great to have me as their cousin because there's pretty much nothing they can do that doesn't look pretty good when compared to the possibility of behaving like me.

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2009, 6:49 pm

Padium wrote:
Woodpecker wrote:

Can you find the typo on this web page? I will give you one hint: it is a part of a link.

Where they accidentally put "id=25" between "id=8" and "id=9"? Other than that, I have no idea.