Yes, but so am i 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but so am i 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
No, you've become efficient 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
No, you've become efficient 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Yes, and leave me out of it 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Yes, and leave me out of it 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
No, but it is a little odd 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
No, but it is a little odd 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
im a stalker, your a stalker, wouldn't you like to be a stalker too? 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
im a stalker, your a stalker, wouldn't you like to be a stalker too? 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Its all relative. Who am i to say? 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Its all relative. Who am i to say? 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 58

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2005, 2:56 am

I'm drawn to some peoples posts mre than i'm drawn to others.

There are people here that I just ignore completley, and I'm sure plenty do it to me.
Just the way it goes.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2005, 4:48 am

It could be your flashing avatar.

there has been much discussion on the subject of flashing thingies.
and i don't mean that 70's fad, either.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2005, 9:19 am

I may come back to this one when I have more time, but my quick answer is that I do the same thing. To take it a step further, it's normal for aspies (especially female ones) to become obsessed with certain *people* as opposed to things, but I don't think I'd call the obsession stalking as long as it's not having any negative effect on the other person (causing them harm or distress or whatever)... I'll have to check on the official definition of stalking.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2005, 4:22 pm

Quote:
To take it a step further, it's normal for aspies (especially female ones) to become obsessed with certain *people* as opposed to things

It is also normal for aspies to take things litterally.

I agree with you and the obsessiveness of it all. I would rank it more as efficiency.
I used the term stalker as a means to gain looky-loos. i don't really think i am a literal stalker.

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2005, 5:51 pm

Does it count as stalking oneself to search for your own posts? It sounds egotistical, but if you're short of time it's a quick of checking whether there are any responses you should respond to... :oops:

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2005, 7:53 pm

DrizzleMan wrote:
Does it count as stalking oneself to search for your own posts? It sounds egotistical, but if you're short of time it's a quick of checking whether there are any responses you should respond to... :oops:

Yes, and its a very dangerous road your taking.

What if you ever caught yourself behind the bushes or similar.

there would be hell to pay, for sure.

i suggest you cease these actions at once before it is too late.

i am offering you this advice from personal experience, i currently have a restraining order out on myself where i may not be within 50ft of me.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2005, 11:56 pm

SB2 wrote:
Quote:
To take it a step further, it's normal for aspies (especially female ones) to become obsessed with certain *people* as opposed to things

It is also normal for aspies to take things litterally

I never take things literally, and if I do it's always done as a joke/to see peoples reactions.

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 6:08 am

SB2 wrote:
i am offering you this advice from personal experience, i currently have a restraining order out on myself where i may not be within 50ft of me.

That sounds difficult.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 6:54 am

DrizzleMan wrote:

It actually comes up as "Egosearch" results when it loads in the address bar... so YES

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 7:11 am

SB2 wrote:
Quote:

It is also normal for aspies to take things litterally.

I agree with you and the obsessiveness of it all. I would rank it more as efficiency.
I used the term stalker as a means to gain looky-loos. i don't really think i am a literal stalker.

Thanks for clarifying - taking things literally is probably one of my most prominent aspie traits. Just one more thing to make communication difficult...

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 12:38 pm

"No, you've become efficient"

I do the same thing but only with 3 people. I could expand my repetoire, I suppose. 8O

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 1:19 pm

en_una_isla wrote:
"No, you've become efficient"

I do the same thing but only with 3 people. I could expand my repetoire, I suppose. 8O

My efficiency has turned into a catch 22.

now i spend 20X the energy spent on clearing the topic reply notifications from my e-mail.

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 1:42 pm

I'll second this one to Belfast's in that I too am neutral to all who post at WP.

With the exception of a few members who have developed a regular and predictable pattern that I prefer to ignore, what I go by in viewing posts is as follows:

1) Title: Is there something that interests me or that I'm familiar and could probably answer a Q?

2) Contents: Sometimes I don't even read past the 1st and/or 2nd sentences if the contents don't begin to resonate with me right away. In a bigger posting I might flip quickly between the lines to "give it a chance".

3) My response: I'll post when there is a Q that I can answer or if the thread strikes any chords with me.

We have to think about how we define stalking. When you post on any 'net discussion board you do take the risk of becoming an interest to anybody else who can read your work. Posting anything at any time on a discussion board makes you available to be read-up on by any 'net user that could become interested in you for any reason. If you're too uncomforable about that, then you can arrange to have all of your posts deleted and your membership with the discussion board annulled.

So how far are we taking the act of stalking? It seems to me that reading a specific poster's writings is harmless -unless there is any attempt to trace a poster down to their URL such as is done with spammers. I'd even be leery about receiving a surprise PM from any user that I never met before. If and when that happens, then I'd take the time to read each and every posting that person has put on the board before deciding whether to respond. For example, a senior member of the community with established credentials would be the more likely to get my response than one who writes up weird things and gets flamed on the board by other posters. I don't routinely PM other posters but in some situations, I might invite a specific poster to PM me by writing something like this: "___________, you can PM me if you have any more Q's", on the premises that I'm reasonably convinced about the poster's integrity.

Now... how much further are we taking this? If any two members already trust each other enough that they are PM'ing each other and each consenting to the other about disclosing personal stuff, that's the risk you decide to take. If there is any attempt by an individual to find where the other is living unbeknownst to the same, well that constitutes stalking and that is seriously illegal as well as unacceptable.

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York

Last edited by Papillon on 27 Dec 2005, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omega
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Dec 2005, 1:53 pm

I answered "Yes, but so am i" (I had doubts because I don't think stalking is the right word, but I see that's already discussed).

I actually was quite annoyed when I discovered the "Find all posts by ...." was missing at this board. But I do currently follow one persons posts using the search (and I use the egosearch too of course ;-) ).
(edit: but it's someone I already knew before I joined this board, so maybe it does not count?)

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2005, 2:17 pm

One , Two, SBS is coming for you,
three, four, he's a real post whore,
five, six, he's been known to mix,
seven, eight, every night he's up stalking late,
nine, ten, never post your asl again.

Anyone seen my cat? What's that whistling noise coming from the kitchen? 8O

SB2
Veteran