Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

mysterious_misfit
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2009, 9:14 am

I had a group of friends last year who ditched me in a cruel way. I should probably try to make new friends, but I'm scared. I feel like new friends would probably end up hating me also.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 10:33 am

Friends, women, family, (and in your case probably boys). All of which can hurt you - and all of which you supposedly trust. But they can all hurt you, so there isn't really anything to say to make you feel better. :P

If you never want to be hurt, be a hermit. Otherwise make a few friends and try not to stress on if they like you or not,

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 11:42 am

Or get involved. Find an organized group that shares your passion. Friendships emerge best when you're doing something that is worth while in itself. That's where the good people tend to hide. And that's where you can shine as an asset rather than a burden. Then, if they don't work as friends, you'll still have the project or volunteer work or church group or whatever.

caramateo
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2009, 1:01 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
Or get involved. Find an organized group that shares your passion. Friendships emerge best when you're doing something that is worth while in itself. That's where the good people tend to hide. And that's where you can shine as an asset rather than a burden. Then, if they don't work as friends, you'll still have the project or volunteer work or church group or whatever.

Volunteering never really worked for me, volunteers are not all good people when it comes to being good friends.

A good friend won't judge you, a good friend will speak for you when others "put dirt on you"

that is hard to find, but you should also do your work. A friendship takes work, you have to invest on it.

When I was in art school I had a few good friends, I found that art students are much more accepting of "weirdos" than the general population.
On the other hand, if you're into science, then I'm sure there's a lot of aspies among scientists.

Go find your passion and do your best, people will come to you for admiration and respect.

PS:I was a weirdo and I'm not implying that you are

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 2:32 pm

I lost my "friends" about 7 years ago, now I'm actually trying again. Just online so far, but I've got to practice somehow.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 3:38 pm

What do you have to lose? Only something you're currently lacking. Sounds like a fear of failure. You should go for it. Make some friends. You won't regret it.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 9:23 pm

I have a similar issue but for slightly different reasons.

TheUnnamedOne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2009, 10:25 pm

All the good times you spend with them are worth it :cry: