Christian or Islam Afterlife: Views Seem To Be A Bit Dogy

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 1:02 pm

The After Life. Validity of the two religions

The two religion expect their own laws to be followed.

I want to prove logically that those laws are earthbound and none of those laws are enforced strongly in the after life. Simply because there is either no afterlife, or link to the afterlife via ones deeds.

You will not see comments like this in any holy texts. ” Even in early death, one is expected to work ones passage in the after life to earn the right to go to heaven.“ or “As an Angel of God, in heaven you are expect fight evil, and uphold Gods laws with even more vigour and integrity then you have done on earth as a human”. Or “As an Angel, a soldier of god, you will be called upon, by the command of God, to go back to earth from heathen, mostly in God forsaken and deprived lands and fight for God, your lord and saviour”

Most religions seem to follow the same pattern of purely mortal employee who will promise to pay you after you have died, so you can spend it in your afterlife. Think about this also, the employee would get less recruits if he said, “if you die early, you will have to complete the rest of your contract in the afterlife before you get paid. Fare is fare; everyone works the same length of time everyone gets paid the same regardless of when you die”.

What I want to know is, are there any interpretation of Christianity or Islam (not influenced by Hinduism) that believe that the afterlife is just as much hard work as life on earth.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 3:50 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
What I want to know is, are there any interpretation of Christianity or Islam (not influenced by Hinduism) that believe that the afterlife is just as much hard work as life on earth.

Not that I am aware of, no.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 4:30 pm

The idea of purgatory involves hard work, suffering .... it is neither heaven or hell, but a place where mediocre people go to work off their sins.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 4:50 pm

monty wrote:
The idea of purgatory involves hard work, suffering .... it is neither heaven or hell, but a place where mediocre people go to work off their sins.

You mean like working at McDonalds for kids who didn't do well in their studies at school? With each burger they serve they regret their sin of not working for better grades.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 5:04 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

Quote:
I want to prove logically that those laws are earthbound and none of those laws are enforced strongly in the after life.

Logically...I mean in Islam what is it, 7 or 72 virgin brides in the Afterlife?

What woman in her right mind would put herself in that situation for eternitiy?

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 7:27 pm

MissConstrue wrote:

Those who serve and obey Allah of course.

Anyway, I really doubt every muslim denomination would actually believe that, especially in the western world.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 7:53 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:

Quote:
I want to prove logically that those laws are earthbound and none of those laws are enforced strongly in the after life.

Logically...I mean in Islam what is it, 7 or 72 virgin brides in the Afterlife?

72 dark eyed houris. They were not women. They had female form but they are essentially party dolls prepared by Allah the merciful and compassionate for his faithful, especially the Martyrs.

ruveyn

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 11:45 pm

monty wrote:

Purgatory! thats the keyword I am looking for. And "work off their sins".

I bet of Christianity was the truth of the universe that Purgatory played a big part, the original teaching would be lost because people would choose another more attractive form of Christianity that plays on their selfish gene.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 11:52 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:

Quote:
because people would choose another more attractive form of Christianity that plays on their selfish gene.

And what gene is that just so I don't risk going into purgatory?

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 12:21 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
monty wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
because people would choose another more attractive form of Christianity that plays on their selfish gene.

The point I am trying to make is that the afterlife seem to be a socially engineered reality that is there purely to attract us through the church doors. Purgatory doesn't serve the role of catering to are greed or to our fears most successful religions do that.

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 11:43 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
monty wrote:

Quote:

The point I am trying to make is that the afterlife seem to be a socially engineered reality that is there purely to attract us through the church doors. Purgatory doesn't serve the role of catering to are greed or to our fears most successful religions do that.

Well does the truth sound very attractive? No one's going to join a religion where they tell you that when you die, you die.