04 Mar 2009, 12:32 pm

Oh my effing god.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29498350/from/ET/?gt1=43001

What a friggin idiot. :lmao:

monty
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 2:21 pm

If a customer took the food without paying, the restaurant calls the police. But when the customer pays for food, and the restaurant is out, of that food and they won't give a refund, why is that not theft? It is!!

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 2:25 pm

Oh they definately shouldn't have refused her a refund. But that is NOT a reason to call 911. The police? Maybe. NOT 911!

I find it very sad that you seem to agree with her. DOES NO ONE KNOW WHAT 911 IS FOR THESE DAYS??? :wall:

monty
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 2:48 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Oh they definately shouldn't have refused her a refund. But that is NOT a reason to call 911. The police? Maybe. NOT 911!

I find it very sad that you seem to agree with her. DOES NO ONE KNOW WHAT 911 IS FOR THESE DAYS??? :wall:

Who does the restaurant call if they are being robbed. Who does the restaurant call if they catch a shoplifter? 9-1-1. Why should the average citizen call some other number and get put on hold??

OK, the woman in question may be irritating, and she should not have called 3 times. But the system was set up to favor the corporation over the individual. It is set up to discourage people from challenging the people with money.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 3:03 pm

NO. You do not call 911 unless there is a life-threatening emergency! YOU CALL THE POLICE!!

Wow. I posted this story because the woman was very obviously an idiot who abused the 911 system and people are actually agreeing with her?? :roll:
No wonder the emergency rooms in hospitals are always full if THIS is what constitutes an emergency.

04 Mar 2009, 3:12 pm

She sounds like a mental case to me. This sounds like something Joon would do. She calls Benny at work saying it's an emergency because they ran out of tapioca or peanut butter super chunks. They are her favorite so she feels she has to have them.

I'm thinking this woman had something wrong with her.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 6:15 pm

Some people call 911 for the most stupid reasons.
They aired one on TV of a girl calling 911 for help on her math homework.

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2009, 6:58 pm

Ive heard clips of people calling 911 becuase they got the wrong burger.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 7:07 pm

Ask to see the manager.. call the reigonal manager.. call the 1-800 customer service line.. maybe call the police for being robbed (although it's a stretch).. sue the company for refusing to return your money.. but do not.. I repeat.. DO NOT call 911!! !

Arrrggh :evil:

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 8:31 pm

Quick, what's the number of your local police!

Do you know?

I sure don't. But I do know that 911 can get you in contact with the police. And I'm sure this is the same thought pattern most people follow as well.

I would have asked to talk to the manager instead of calling 911, but it's not the most idiot thing a person could have done.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 8:45 pm

yeah actually it really is. I have the local police department's number saved into my cellphone because I'm not a moron. 911 was put into place to make it easy to reach the police in an EMERGENCY.. like when someone is dying. It was not put in place for the convinence of people who are too lazy to remember/look up the phone number for the police department.

How the heck do you expect them to be able to respond to REAL emergencies if their lines are being bogged down by call that should be directed to the police department?

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 10:20 pm

monty wrote:
Who does the restaurant call if they are being robbed.

Depends on the circumstances.
Quote:
Who does the restaurant call if they catch a shoplifter? 9-1-1.

I would not expect so, however if a restaurant did this and persisted after being told it was inappropriate, I would expect prosecution to follow.
Quote:
Why should the average citizen call some other number and get put on hold??

Because it is not an emergency.
An emergency entails an imminent danger that might be avoided or mitigated by the swift intervention of emergency response team/team members. If someone is shoplifting, either you can keep them there until police arrive (ring the normal police number) or they will be gone by the time an emergency response team arrives so there is no purpose in using the emergency response system.
Quote:
OK, the woman in question may be irritating, and she should not have called 3 times. But the system was set up to favor the corporation over the individual. It is set up to discourage people from challenging the people with money.

That is not the case and if a business kept ringing 911 to request assistance with non-emergency matters, I expect they would prosecution would result.

05 Mar 2009, 4:03 am

I watched the video on it and other videos on dumb 911 calls. It's surprising they get them everyday from lot of people. I was surprised there be that many dumb people in the world. 8O
Calling 911 to ask what time it is or to ask what the day of the week it is or asking to connect her to Dominos Pizza

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 4:18 am

if i bought an order and discovered my chicken nuggets were missing, it would be mcdonalds who would be calling 911.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 7:07 am

Simple cure for the misuse of the 911 system would be to have a 811 system where the call is directed to the nearest police station. But it arrives on the "normal" phone line not the "life and death" phone line.

Two easy phone numbers to keep in your mind.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

IdahoAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 7:08 am

mitharatowen wrote:
Oh my effing god.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29498350/from/ET/?gt1=43001

What a friggin idiot. :lmao:

Yeah, you call 911 because someone is choking on a McNugget, not because someone refused to give you a nugget.

When to dial 911, ask yourself this question, if you were choking, would you want this type of call blocking your contact with the ambulance?

There is 411 and 0 that you can dial to get the number to your local police or sheriff's office without causing the death of another human trying to get through on 911.

This person should have asked to talk to the manager, and their manager, and their manager until they finally got someone in the company to give them nuggets if they paid for it. If they could not find reasonable person to give them their money back, or the nuggets, they need to call the local police, wait until they come, file a report, show them the receipt, and view the footage of the employee stealing from you, then take them to civil court.

If that doesn't work, take a big old s**t on the bathroom floor every time you visit. :twisted: