IdahoAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 7:08 am

mitharatowen wrote:
Oh my effing god.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29498350/from/ET/?gt1=43001

What a friggin idiot. :lmao:

Yeah, you call 911 because someone is choking on a McNugget, not because someone refused to give you a nugget.

When to dial 911, ask yourself this question, if you were choking, would you want this type of call blocking your contact with the ambulance?

There is 411 and 0 that you can dial to get the number to your local police or sheriff's office without causing the death of another human trying to get through on 911.

This person should have asked to talk to the manager, and their manager, and their manager until they finally got someone in the company to give them nuggets if they paid for it. If they could not find reasonable person to give them their money back, or the nuggets, they need to call the local police, wait until they come, file a report, show them the receipt, and view the footage of the employee stealing from you, then take them to civil court.

If that doesn't work, take a big old s**t on the bathroom floor every time you visit. :twisted:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 10:58 am

Well, the thing is, monty, that when a McDonald's jilts you out of the product you paid for:
A) You know where they live. They're not going to fold up their store into a truck, and "fly by night".
B) If you complain to a McDonald's manager or to McDonald's corporate, you'll get your money back or a replacement product for the one you didn't get -- and, if they're business-smart, which they usually are, you'll get something extra to keep you sweet on them.

But if a customer leaves without paying -- that's it, case closed, the restaurant will almost always never get their money. (But, no, they shouldn't call 911 for petty theft.)

So, I see this particular example as a practical matter, not a favoring-the-corporations matter, although I do agree that that goes on quite a lot and that it is quite wrong. Sometimes, it seems like you have to be a goodfella just to get your rights properly "respected"!

I've literally wanted to go "Falling Down" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/) on certain employees, and hold a gun to their heads until I get merely my promised level of customer service. Then, I'd thank them in a calm, friendly voice, and leave peacefully.
(I'd make sure the gun wasn't loaded first -- I still hold human life sacred, no matter how FRICKIN MUCH THEY PISS ME OFF!)

Last edited by Ragtime on 06 Mar 2009, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 11:21 am

Whew.. thanks guys. I was starting to lose all faith in humanity there for a while :lol:

t0
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 11:57 am

Mage wrote:
Quick, what's the number of your local police!

Do you know?

I know the number to my local dispatch center. You should too. It keeps the overworked/underpaid 911 operators available to deal with real emergencies.

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 11:05 pm

This story reminds me of the incident in which some man calls 911 after discovering that the sandwich her ordered at SUBWAY had no mayonnaise or ketchup. He was freaking out.

About the woman that was denied a refund after being informed that there was NO MORE Chicken McNuggets at McDonalds...couldn't she have spoken to a manager instead of calling 911 over this non-emergency?

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 5:03 am

Ragtime wrote:
"Falling Down"

lol! That movie is awesome! And the fast food restaurant scene is such an accurate depiction of most fast food joints...

Anyways, yeah... the lady the thread is about is a complete idiot! If I witnessed that I might just have to slap her.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 6:29 am

i once rang the police when i was assaulted by a blowfly.
it was a joke that my friend encouraged me to do. i have a very good "old lady" voice i can do, and i rang chatswood police and reported (in that old lady voice and character) an assault by a blowfly that had landed on me several times despite the fact i expressed to it that it was not welcome by shooing it away.

i also stated that it was the same blowfly that was harassing me 6 months ago in a country town out west. i knew that because i recognized it's face.
when the police said that they could do nothing about the matter, i restated that it had physically assaulted me 4 times by landing on me, and i could give them a very good description of the fly.
but they refused to even make a photofit drawing of the fly, let alone circulate it in the newspapers!!
how dare they!!. if they are prepared to let a simple blowfly fly free after an assault, then how hard would they try to catch intelligent human criminals?!?!

i argued in my old snobby lady voice, and i wanted to make them confused, but all i heard was other police in the background laughing. they kept me on the phone for quite a while because they were amused i think. so was i amused, but i wanted the police to be angry at the pettiness of my complaint, so it was not that funny for me.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 9:58 am

I think it's good advice. If this ever happens to me I'll threaten to call 9-1-1 and maybe I'll get the refund without a hassle if the manager thinks the story will air on the evening news.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 2:52 pm

OMG, what a nut job. They better throw her ass in jail.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2009, 4:15 pm

People seem to think 9-1-1 is a hotline to God. :roll: These are minimum-wage human beings who have their own problems and probably don't care about yours. They're not your mommy, or a devine intervention service! Some things they just can't fix -- get a clue! :lol:

I saw a program about that once, about how, in the event of, say, a natural disaster, people in a survey actually thought the police, who have familes of their own, would venture into dangerous areas where they were nearly certain to lose their lives just to help you. The people taking the survey seemed to think "That's what the government pays them for!", as if the government can pay them enough money to deliberately kill themselves in a near-futile effort to save a complete stranger.

That would be a very noble thing, of course. My point is how naïve citizens are about thinking the police department deeply cares about their welfare, like a parent would. Wake up!

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2009, 9:01 pm

b9 wrote:
if i bought an order and discovered my chicken nuggets were missing, it would be mcdonalds who would be calling 911.

:lmao: Now THAT's priceless!

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2009, 9:06 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Oh my effing god.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29498350/from/ET/?gt1=43001

What a friggin idiot. :lmao:

This made Fox News here in Tulsa.

Now I am normally am not in favor of violence.....but this is what I would probably have done if I had be standing in the line and heard something like that...

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2009, 6:52 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29533731/

boy some people are nuts.

it sucks the way stupid calls block the real emergency calls.

07 Mar 2009, 3:56 pm

tcorrielus wrote:
This story reminds me of the incident in which some man calls 911 after discovering that the sandwich her ordered at SUBWAY had no mayonnaise or ketchup. He was freaking out.

About the woman that was denied a refund after being informed that there was NO MORE Chicken McNuggets at McDonalds...couldn't she have spoken to a manager instead of calling 911 over this non-emergency?

She did speak to the manager and she also refused to refund her money.

07 Mar 2009, 3:59 pm

tweety_fan wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29533731/

boy some people are nuts.

it sucks the way stupid calls block the real emergency calls.

Here is her point of view why she thought it was an emergency:

Quote:
"When you feel that you've been mistreated or misused or robbed out of your money, you have the right to call 911," Goodman said. "That's the purpose of 911, so I thought."

Don't people call 911 when they have been robbed? You call 911 when you have been in a car accident or when you see one, especially if the person isn't hurt but their car is.

So she had been robbed out of her money so she thought it was okay to call 911. She probably doesn't know the difference and now she is embarrassed. She probably saw the comments and lot of people are saying what an idiot she is.

ForgottenDarkness
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2009, 4:12 pm

silly NT's, allways getting into arguments over the most frivelous things...