Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

grimesy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2009, 1:36 pm

i used to smoke alot of pot becuase it used to calm me down

but i have felt that if makes my condition worse

my social interaction is much more harder and you get much more agitated and paranoid

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 4:15 pm

Psychedelics (a category that includes marihuana) tend to increase Autistic symptoms among Autistic people and neurotypicals alike. It tends to feel very alien for neurotypicals, while many Autistic individuals report experiencing psychedelics as an extension of their natural capabilities. While they do reduce social skills, they do often have a positive impact on one's capacity for rational thinking. Addiction risk is relatively low.

Levoamphetamine (aka speed) and other stimulants tend to improve the capacity to hyperfocus. They do tend to have a rather relaxing impact on people with ADHD-like symptoms (Autistic or not) until a certain threshold dosage. People without ADHD-like symptoms tend to become hyperactive from the substance. Note that levoamphetamine is highly addictive and can have a negative impact on personality and behavior, although in my experience Autistic people are less sensitive to the latter.

Methylone is experienced by neurotypical women as an extension of their natural capabilities. Autistic individuals typically experience it as a sensation alien to their normal perception. It has the potential for unlocking hidden capabilities among Autistic people, although more research is needed. It is relatively addictive, though, and not very well-known.

Most other substances I'm familiar with tend to have a similar effect on Autistic and Neurotypical people.