Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

animeboy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2009, 2:14 am

I was leafing through Youtube for some videos on the upcoming anime convention Sakura-Con, and I just happened on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9041q4EQBTY

Sorry about the link.

It may be a parody, but I don't appreciate the way the autistic and learning disabled communities are treated like this. We are treated like our concerns are trivial, that we are all nerds, etc.

I found this comment on the video, about 2-3 pages into text comments (censored profanity):

Quote:
"agreed. f---ing weeaboo f----t-y is just too much...
oh, and the Asperger's adhd comment thats made in the video? that is absolutely f---ing true. everyone that goes to one seems to have SOMETHING."

There is a sizable amount of vulgar language in the video.

Eternal_Saber
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Mar 2009, 3:30 am

im glad that is is just a parody, not a real commercial. If it were and if I lived in america, I would be dead by now.

Complain to the head of YouTube to get this video taken off, and everyone who read this post should do the same.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 5:38 am

What do you mean it's not real? Do you mean someone made it to be smart, not actually advertise?

It's going to take more than that to offend me... i'm just waiting for the hate mail to come to me after I posted there.. lol.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 6:09 am

The real one doesn't even mention aspergers... how could any of you find that offensive?

I found the parody pretty f*****g rude though.. not offensive but immature and ignorant.

Ixtli
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2009, 9:34 am

I flagged it and gave it one star. Didn't see any point in commenting, since I'd just get a bunch of hatemail from trolls and ignoramuses.

EDIT: Since from the statistics I can tell it's a popular video, I encourage anyone else here to flag it as well. Be sure to indicate that it promotes hatred toward disability groups, and in the extra comments section mention at least autism spectrum disorders.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 9:41 am

I've also noticed a punk who has anger issues. I didn't find that very funny. It's like they took a bunch of outcasts and put them in one room. I also didn't appreciate the shrill voices and how they were all having meltdowns at the end. Many young NTs, not all have nothing better to do with their time.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 9:53 am

I've also flagged the video. I don't think it's going to make much of a difference.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 12:07 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
What do you mean it's not real? Do you mean someone made it to be smart, not actually advertise?

It's going to take more than that to offend me... i'm just waiting for the hate mail to come to me after I posted there.. lol.

I agree with you. Why is it so many people on the spectrum are busy trying to get offended rather than actually tackle the real issues in their lives.

Ixtli
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2009, 12:49 pm

Kangoogle:

Quote:
I agree with you. Why is it so many people on the spectrum are busy trying to get offended rather than actually tackle the real issues in their lives.

You're assuming I can't do both and still have time to spare. 8) :lol:

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 1:30 pm

Ixtli wrote:
Kangoogle:
Quote:

You're assuming I can't do both and still have time to spare. 8) :lol:

How come you are on here then? Go on...

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 2:25 pm

It's not on there now I wanted to see it for myself to see what all the fuss was about

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 2:35 pm

MONKEY wrote:
It's not on there now I wanted to see it for myself to see what all the fuss was about

Someone put a funny video on Youtube. Someone else decided to throw their toys out of the pram to go on a "moral crusade". Video sadly got deleted. The end.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 2:38 pm

Kangoogle wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

Someone put a funny video on Youtube. Someone else decided to throw their toys out of the pram to go on a "moral crusade". Video sadly got deleted. The end.

oh man people are so easily offended, it drives me nuts

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 2:41 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

Basically all the people who don't want to take any responsibility for their own lives instead get offended at things so they don't have to bother sorting their lives out. Utterly pathetic tbh.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 2:46 pm

Kangoogle wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

Basically all the people who don't want to take any responsibility for their own lives instead get offended at things so they don't have to bother sorting their lives out. Utterly pathetic tbh.

I have to agree with you there *waits for everyone to stop throwing tomatoes at me*

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 2:57 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

I have to agree with you there *waits for everyone to stop throwing tomatoes at me*

You should meet a guy called Lembit Opik if you get chance - he is almost certainly an Aspie and leads a very fulfilling life. Amazing guy. Same with Boris Johnson and many others....

Though I could think of loads of others who do so. The problem is that few on the spectrum believe they can succeed, tbh I think the opposite is true.