Page 6 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 11:32 pm

Zowie..........

I actually grew up in Saudi Arabia, and attended a Madrasah (which is just arabic for school, sorry FOX news!)
I was required to learn quite a bit about Islam and Arab history.

The Quran did not burst forth fully formed like the Book of Mormom or the Torah did. It grew and changed shape MANY times before it's final version.

Here's about the BEST link I've found that clearly explains What Mohammed was thinking.

click here!! !

I do not agree with many of their beliefs, but they do make a good point about Islam!

And on a separate note, did you notice the similarities between Islam and Mormonism?
Frontier prophet, received sacred texts, polygamous backgrounds, views on family and what happens when you leave 'the faith.'

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 10:35 am

MADDuck wrote:
Zowie..........

I actually grew up in Saudi Arabia, and attended a Madrasah (which is just arabic for school, sorry FOX news!)
I was required to learn quite a bit about Islam and Arab history.

The Quran did not burst forth fully formed like the Book of Mormom or the Torah did. It grew and changed shape MANY times before it's final version.

Here's about the BEST link I've found that clearly explains What Mohammed was thinking.

click here!! !

I do not agree with many of their beliefs, but they do make a good point about Islam!

And on a separate note, did you notice the similarities between Islam and Mormonism?
Frontier prophet, received sacred texts, polygamous backgrounds, views on family and what happens when you leave 'the faith.'

How are the claims any different than any other BS god? It's all stealing bits and pieces from older texts and gods. The divinity of Jesus was proven through things that were already considered divine at the time and mimicked other gods of the region like Horus who also had a virgin birth and had a resurrection. The concepts are nothing new. Walking on water was pretty much a parlor trick to prove divinity during the period that jesus would have existed. There's also the whole shotgun effect that there were many messiahs in the time period: one was bound to become popular eventually.

Anyways, all of this stuff still goes back even farther to the basics: shamanic tradition and magic tradition. The numbers used are traditional magic numbers, the means of prophecy comes from the shamanic tradition of gnosis, the divine symbolism is still from magic imagery.

All religion western religion steals from these elements and their iconography. I'm surprised they haven't pulled out 23 yet...but then again, 23 wouldn't be a favorable number to them.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2010, 10:38 am

anthonylee wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
anthonylee wrote:
I don't have anything to do with magic!! !! !

It's too bad because I do.

I have dabbled in the occult/magic when I was in my teens and 20's and regret doing it! A lot of wierd and creepy things happened becasue of this! It's nothing to play around with and will only hurt you or worse in the end!

Obviously you did it wrong and didn't have any desire to really understand the world. But then again, your 20s was probably before the advent of chaos magic and if you were trying to follow Crowley too directly then yes, bad things would happen because Crowley had some serious flaws and misunderstandings in his methodology.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson