Page 4 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 6:42 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Dussel wrote:

It is not really a danger: The IRA was (is?) a much more deadly danger and I am quite certain that other fouls are also around. We had to live with a certain amount of such danger.

I am sure that is exactly what the poor sods aboard the underground trains thought before Islamic explosives tore their bodies apart.

We had just recently the killing of some soldiers. The death toll of the IRA is by magnitude higher.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 6:43 pm

EnglishLulu wrote:
A pre-emptive strike is an attack.

F**king A! Better to get him before he gets you. Preemption is kosher when attack is imminent. That is how Israel won the Six Day War.

The threat of attack is sufficient grounds for taking action.

ruveyn

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 7:18 pm

ruveyn wrote:
EnglishLulu wrote:
A pre-emptive strike is an attack.

F**king A! Better to get him before he gets you. Preemption is kosher when attack is imminent. That is how Israel won the Six Day War.

Israel handled with states. Also: Israel was in formal state of war with Egypt and the others. This is a totally different legal situation.

ruveyn wrote:
The threat of attack is sufficient grounds for taking action.

For such a case the US may apply to:

International Court of Justice
Chancellery
Carnegieplein 2
2517 KJ Den Haag
The Netherlands

or bring this to the attention of the UN-Security council. The Charter of United Nations, also signed by the USA, guaranties the right of self defence, but also does provide a clear proceeding to deal with such situation. The idea of a "pre-emptive strike" is by term of International Law not allow and does certainly not fulfil the criteria for a Just War.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 7:37 pm

I've watched a showcase yesterday about what goes on in the world, this one was about the case of Afghanistan and Irak and the reconstruction. It might not occur to you but there are a lot of widows with quite a few children, and when they lose their husband, they cannot sustain their lives. They are even shunned by their society unless they remarry. One of them couldn't even get money from the government because her husband was "missing" and they had no proof of his death. Moreso, the bureaucracy takes so long that they have to PAY the officials to hasten the process.... Some of the people have even designated that there is an organized mafia which is infiltrating the ministry, but ofc they are denying all accusations -.- (The husband from the above mentionned person is missing because of the sunnites-chiites intestinal war, not because of the American conflict). Some NGO spokesperson was invited, (Care Canada or something...) and well, there are some progresses, but security is hard to attain in order to build something afterwards... He also said that due to the corruption, states that are giving money should NOT give it in large amounts in one shot (as it attracts a lot of greedy hands), but rather by smaller amounts with a delay between each injections. In any event, an interesting show (too bad it's in french :> ) .

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 8:13 pm

phil777 wrote:
I've watched a showcase yesterday about what goes on in the world, this one was about the case of Afghanistan and Irak and the reconstruction. It might not occur to you but there are a lot of widows with quite a few children, and when they lose their husband, they cannot sustain their lives. They are even shunned by their society unless they remarry. One of them couldn't even get money from the government because her husband was "missing" and they had no proof of his death. Moreso, the bureaucracy takes so long that they have to PAY the officials to hasten the process....

I think this points much more into the direction of a long term solution: The setting up a working state machinery, without significant corruption and under the law. But such a machinery can't work in a vacuum. The society must change, a civil society must be established. No military action, which will not lead into such transformation will have any long term success.

This task is much more difficult than keeping the country under military control.

anthonylee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2010, 7:52 pm

Islam does not follow the same God as the Christians and Jews! allah is the arabian moon god, a fallen angel! He is not God, but an evil imposter! mohomed was a a depraved warped person who propagated his warped sense of faith by conquest! Down with islam!! !! It will soon be judged by the lord Almighty and be destroyed!! :D

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 7:58 pm

All organised religions are equally full of s**t. I laugh when believers of one religion say how obviously fallacious the beliefs of another are. If I didn't laugh, I'd cry at the hypocrisy.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 8:15 pm

anthonylee wrote:
Islam does not follow the same God as the Christians and Jews! allah is the arabian moon god, a fallen angel! He is not God, but an evil imposter! mohomed was a a depraved warped person who propagated his warped sense of faith by conquest! Down with islam!! !! It will soon be judged by the lord Almighty and be destroyed!! :D

As long as you're depending on the Lord Almighty to destroy it we can all relax.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 8:22 pm

anthonylee wrote:

Whatevs. Nothing can compete with Eris and her apple.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

anthonylee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2010, 8:27 pm

KaiG wrote:
All organised religions are equally full of sh**. I laugh when believers of one religion say how obviously fallacious the beliefs of another are. If I didn't laugh, I'd cry at the hypocrisy.

I'm laughing at you because you are an unimformed fool who generalizes everything! If you researched anything you would find out how wrong you are and how different they are! You are either ignorant or just plain stupid or both!! !

anthonylee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2010, 8:35 pm

Sand wrote:
anthonylee wrote:

As long as you're depending on the Lord Almighty to destroy it we can all relax.

We can't relax yet unfortunatly!

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 8:47 pm

anthonylee wrote:
Sand wrote:
anthonylee wrote:

You like to use too many exclamation marks! And you are also a thread necromancer!! !

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 8:48 pm

Orwell wrote:
anthonylee wrote:
Sand wrote:
anthonylee wrote:

You like to use too many exclamation marks! And you are also a thread necromancer!! !

Necromancing is a black magick.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

anthonylee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2010, 8:57 pm

Orwell wrote:
anthonylee wrote:
Sand wrote:
anthonylee wrote:

Yes! I like to use my exclamation marks to make my points!! As far as being a thread necromancer....that's one of the reasons I'm here for!
We debated politics before not about religions Orwell, unless you consider them one and the same!! !! ! :D

A thread necromancer has nothing to do with black magic or any kind of magic what so ever!

I don't have anything to do with magic!! !! !

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 9:09 pm

anthonylee wrote:
Orwell wrote:
anthonylee wrote:
Sand wrote:
anthonylee wrote:

Yes! I like to use my exclamation marks to make my points!! As far as being a thread necromancer....that's one of the reasons I'm here for!
We debated politics before not about religions Orwell, unless you consider them one and the same!! !! ! :D

A thread necromancer has nothing to do with black magic or any kind of magic what so ever!

No need to worry about that ! !! !! !! !. Magic is as effective as God Almighty!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 9:09 pm

anthonylee wrote:

I don't remember our previous encounter!

Quote:

Lies!! !