Page 23 of 23 [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 9:37 am

outlier wrote:
^ Yes they can help, but I used to honestly think the movies etc. were an accurate portrayal of real-life relationships. :lol:

I thought this too, and still sometimes wonder. I learn more from movies than I ever can from observing people, especially, as in relationships, so much goes on "behind closed doors".

I notice lately, when I watch movies, the woman always seduces the man these days, whereas in the past, the man always seduced the woman. I wonder: does this mean that times have changed, and nowadays it is more likely or expected that the woman initiate? Or is the public just fascinated by assertive women???

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 4:47 pm

I don't watch many movies (and am even less familiar with the social scene), but would guess it's related to what you said: audiences finding a confident, assertive woman fascinating (in addition to socially more acceptable and familiar now). As long as it's accompanied by specific physical features, the audience would find it sexy. Many men would want to be with her and many women would want to be her.