What to say/do when a girl says she likes you...?



Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bonez
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: Dec 13, 2008
Posts: 250
Location: Maryland

15 Mar 2009, 1:24 pm

What if I'm talking to a girl that I like and she tells me "i like you" or something similiar.... What should I say or do??



robo37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Posts: 491

15 Mar 2009, 1:45 pm

Are you asking what you should do or what I would do? Has a girl said she likes you or are you just wondering what you should do if one does? If I girl said she likes me she would probably be joking.



ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2007
Posts: 1336

15 Mar 2009, 1:53 pm

bonez wrote:
What if I'm talking to a girl that I like and she tells me "i like you" or something similiar.... What should I say or do??


If she smiles and looks happy or relaxed when she says it, you'll get a good feeling.

Then in that case you should say what makes you feel good, something nice maybe, or tell her whether you like her.

If she looks inscrutable or you have a feeling that something is off, just be really nice to her in return and wait for more info.

There are a lot of nice comebacks to that, if you want to practice some lines, like

-- What do you like about me? (act happy when you want to say that, if you want to flirt).
-- I like you, too! (be ready to tell her why, tho, in case she asks)?
-- Do you like going to movies with guys you like? (if you want to ask her out)
...



bonez
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: Dec 13, 2008
Posts: 250
Location: Maryland

15 Mar 2009, 1:54 pm

robo37 wrote:
Are you asking what you should do or what I would do? Has a girl said she likes you or are you just wondering what you should do if one does? If I girl said she likes me she would probably be joking.
no i am wondering what to do if one does say that. and i'm talking about if she's serious, not joking...



ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Feb 14, 2009
Posts: 3532

15 Mar 2009, 2:00 pm

bonez wrote:
What if I'm talking to a girl that I like and she tells me "i like you" or something similiar.... What should I say or do??


blush, giggle, and squeeze out "i like you too"

then your both blushing and giggling, and 15 minutes and 9 months later, you got some snotty offspring :)


_________________
''In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center.''


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: May 06, 2008
Posts: 23237
Location: Stendec

15 Mar 2009, 2:36 pm

Say, "That's nice. I like you too," and then place your hand firmly on your wallet, and don't let go until she's out of sight.


_________________
Only appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health
professionals can make a valid diagnosis of an ASD.
Online tests can not provide an objective ASD diagnosis.


robo37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: Jan 06, 2009
Posts: 491

15 Mar 2009, 2:38 pm

bonez wrote:
no i am wondering what to do if one does say that. and i'm talking about if she's serious, not joking...


Well if you like her then you should just say it. It would be silly to lie if she actually says it to you. So yeah, you could just say "I like you too!" or something like that. Depends how much you like her really-if you really like her and your pretty shore she likes you, you could replay by saying "yeah, but I love you".



TitusLucretiusCarus
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Posts: 518

15 Mar 2009, 4:56 pm

what if she says she loves you?

How often have I found myself unable to resist taking the Han Solo route and deadpanning "I know"?

(not that often)



ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2007
Posts: 1336

15 Mar 2009, 7:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
Say, "That's nice. I like you too," and then place your hand firmly on your wallet, and don't let go until she's out of sight.


Cute, Fnord.



bonez
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: Dec 13, 2008
Posts: 250
Location: Maryland

15 Mar 2009, 7:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
Say, "That's nice. I like you too," and then place your hand firmly on your wallet, and don't let go until she's out of sight.
sorry for sounding stupid, but can someone explain the joke....?



ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2007
Posts: 1336

15 Mar 2009, 8:29 pm

bonez wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Say, "That's nice. I like you too," and then place your hand firmly on your wallet, and don't let go until she's out of sight.
sorry for sounding stupid, but can someone explain the joke....?


LOL. He's saying that women will drain you of your money. It can cost a lot to date... especially if the male pays for everything.



ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Feb 14, 2009
Posts: 3532

15 Mar 2009, 8:36 pm

ephemerella wrote:
bonez wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Say, "That's nice. I like you too," and then place your hand firmly on your wallet, and don't let go until she's out of sight.
sorry for sounding stupid, but can someone explain the joke....?


LOL. He's saying that women will drain you of your money. It can cost a lot to date... especially if the male pays for everything.


what do you mean "if" :]


_________________
''In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center.''


2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Jul 19, 2007
Posts: 6931

15 Mar 2009, 8:43 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
ephemerella wrote:
bonez wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Say, "That's nice. I like you too," and then place your hand firmly on your wallet, and don't let go until she's out of sight.
sorry for sounding stupid, but can someone explain the joke....?


LOL. He's saying that women will drain you of your money. It can cost a lot to date... especially if the male pays for everything.


what do you mean "if" :]


YEAH, American custom, and I believe that of all native english speaking nations, and most, if not all, western european countries, and many others, say that MALE should pay!



ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2007
Posts: 1336

15 Mar 2009, 9:11 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
ephemerella wrote:
bonez wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Say, "That's nice. I like you too," and then place your hand firmly on your wallet, and don't let go until she's out of sight.
sorry for sounding stupid, but can someone explain the joke....?


LOL. He's saying that women will drain you of your money. It can cost a lot to date... especially if the male pays for everything.


what do you mean "if" :]


YEAH, American custom, and I believe that of all native english speaking nations, and most, if not all, western european countries, and many others, say that MALE should pay!


Hey, for a woman, dating is like having a part time job. You have to work on every part of your body, from nails to hair. The constant plucking, shaving, grooming, exercise, clothes, hair etc has to consume about 20 hours per week. If you have long hair like me, just blow drying it every day eats up about 5 hours a week!

By the time I go out on a date, I'm so exhausted from all the grooming we are supposed to do, how can I be happy if I have to pay for my evening, too! After all that work, you feel unappreciated if you have to pay for dinner and entertainment, too.

And they really do care how you look, no matter what they say. :queen: :flower:



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: May 06, 2008
Posts: 23237
Location: Stendec

15 Mar 2009, 9:16 pm

ephemerella wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Say, "That's nice. I like you too," and then place your hand firmly on your wallet, and don't let go until she's out of sight.

Cute, Fnord.

... and what do 'you' do when a guy says that he likes 'you'?

Same thing, except 'you' keep 'your' hands and legs firmly crossed until he is out of sight.

A girl's gotta protect what's most important to her, right?

:wink:





('you' == the generic female ... guys got only one thing on their minds ...)


_________________
Only appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health
professionals can make a valid diagnosis of an ASD.
Online tests can not provide an objective ASD diagnosis.


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  


Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next



 Similar Topics 
I think a girl likes me...

in Love and Dating

22 Apr 2012, 5:19 pm

PastFixations View the latest post

How to tell when a girl likes me

in Love and Dating

08 May 2014, 7:58 pm

bleh12345 View the latest post

Do you think this girl likes me?

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Love and Dating

01 Oct 2008, 4:16 pm

ToughDiamond View the latest post

How do I know if a girl likes me ?

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Social Skills and Making Friends

27 Apr 2011, 12:58 pm

harry_j_83 View the latest post



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to: