Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

JeffJ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Mar 2009, 8:29 pm

Keeno wrote:
Aspies can end up being accused of being naive because of a combination of people seeing our less developed intuitiveness, and our literal interpretation of meaning. We just think in a systemised way.

I deal with this often. I even have a roommate who will try to protect me from what she sees as manipulative people or people out to ruin my image. I dont really think she needs to, but shes an NT and I suppose its nice to have direct insight by osmeone who can tell these things. she warned me about two girls I was interested in and it turned out that one WAS manipulative and the other was not as interested in me as I thought. But that gave me a bit more confidence in myself too because I associated the signs she noticed with things I DID notice about the people and it hleped me to form my own artificial intuition so to speak. so now I know what to look for and when its not working. I still cannot tell those simple gestures or subtle hints though. Its more of a broader understanding of how people typically react to different situations.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 9:15 pm

Most people are naive about most things.

If "naive" is defined by "lack of knowledge about what most people know about", I'm naive. And I may be naive in the other way too, "Lack of knowledge, period."

There are a few things I'm REALLY paranoid about. I know they can happen. I'm way too aware of the fact that they can happen.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 9:49 pm

JeffJ wrote:
artificial intuition so to speak [...] understanding of how people typically react to different situations.

Brilliantly expressed! This is the work that I have been doing all my life.

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 9:08 am

I am sometimes. I can be quite gullible because I have a tendency to take things literally.

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 9:50 am

I got an example of how naive I can be...

I didn't know who Scott Peterman was...or at least, didn't inquire about it, until after his sentencing! :P

When I asked Mom that question, she laughed and said 'You're probably the only person in America that didn't know!' :lol:

I took that as a good thing, because I prefer not to know about the state of the world, most of the time.