Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 3:28 pm

Yes i am.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 3:31 pm

I'm usually on my guard as I've been tricked to many times. But recently I've realized to my dismay that once somebody earns my trust I can be very naive about their motivations and intentions. I'm very loyal to the people I care about and I stupidly expect the same in return :roll: .

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 3:32 pm

At times I find it almost uncanny just how gullibly naive I can be.

Linasgirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2009, 4:18 pm

If you mean does it occur to me that someone might be lying to me or trying to manipulate me in some way, the answer would be no. So, I guess I am naive.

LG

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 5:06 pm

Terrible. If I told you what I got suckered into you would think I was without a brain.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 5:08 pm

I am very niave and I think that just because someone is interested in talking to me they are my good friend I and I can tell them loads about myself and be too honest and not thinking of what their motives might be or how genuine they are.
I try not to be because I'm too used to being taking advatage of but I'm still too trusting and easily fooled.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 9:05 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Sometimes.

same here. :cry:

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2009, 10:02 pm

ughh im very naive and gullible i hate it!

21 Mar 2009, 10:14 pm

If I were gullible, I would have signed up for this sexy website thinking someone has a crush on me just because I got this strange IM from someone claiming she has a crush on me but she is too shy so its up to me to find her and talk to her there and gave me this url to the website and told me her profile name there. I figured it was a scam because it was a pay site he or she lured me too and the fact he or she told me she has a secret crush on me and has been emailing me but never got a response. I don't remember getting any emails from someone, only spam. Yep I don't trust people.

cupcake
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2009, 11:46 pm

Yeah, I can be naive at times.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 1:29 am

I'm very naive about what goes on in the world; I know LITERALLY nothing about the economy or why there will soon be a great depression and revolutions (or will there be? I'm taking my parents' word for it.).

I've never really used drugs so I'm naive about them in that way, but one might also say that since I didn't use drugs I'm not naive, because that's smart. Anyway, I wouldn't know where to go or who to go to for street drugs; I'm totally ignorant about how to get drugs (even though I admit I want some... maybe another naive thing about me).

I go to shrinks and trust them to a certain extent and take the drugs they prescribe me, but I like to believe I know what I'm getting into when I do that. But all I really know about the drug I'm taking is that it blocks dopamine receptors and that dopamine is supposed to make me understimulated inside and I start seeing black holes/black objects and that that's therefore good that those receptors are being blocked.

I've taken off into another country with a member on WP I had only talked to for about 2 weeks, and I let him touch me and had oral sex the first night of our road trip, and a few days later I lost my virginity to him without knowing if he had any diseases or not. I should have asked him to get tested first and show me the paper with the results on it. Anyway, I didn't get any diseases so I assume he doesn't have any. But going with him and doing that was desperation, not naivete.

I've pretended to be naive many times too because I was embarrassed and felt bad about telling people to f**k off. But once when that happened at school I was hoping that they would know that I was pretending to be naive to be nice, but they didn't and I wound up majorly humiliated. That incident traumatized me.

I don't read classics; they're too long-winded. I've only had sex with one person and I'm 21. I haven't had the motivation to watch the news for over a year, excepting a few times when the TV was on and the news was on and I happened to be in the same room. I don't read newspapers and I've only checked the news on the internet about-- no more than 10 times in over a year.

I'm not gullible when it comes to scams and such, except once in my desperation when I was wishing I had money for a get-rich-quick pyramid scheme. When it comes to people's stories about what happened to them, I usually believe the stories (it occurs to me that they could be lying, but I choose to believe it) so I guess I am gullible that way.

DMark
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Mar 2009, 1:44 am

The seeming contradictions of naivete among Aspies is startling. We can demonstrate remarkable survival skills or specialized knowledge that can completely amaze NTs, and then on the same token, display tremendous ignorance. On a similar note, we can be as informed on a particular subject as a college professor, and then flunk everything else.

isnessofwhatis
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2009, 2:06 am

Naive should be my first name. I do extremes though. Either I trust everybody 100% or I trust no one, it depends on the situation.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 1:13 pm

Ana54 and Spokane_Girl are two of the most innocent people I've met. Don't know whether "naive" applies here, though.

All Aspies are naive (by definition of Aspie), at least at the start and until we get burned. The problem is we only become less naive about traps we've fallen into before, and we remain forever naive in the general sense. Like with social skills and everything else, we only learn from experience-turned-insight and we have very little intuition to help us in novel situations.

dalcassian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Mar 2009, 3:43 pm

I am so utterly sophisticated that I have managed to remain naive and innocent in spite of extensive experiences of the world.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 6:05 pm

Aspies can end up being accused of being naive because of a combination of people seeing our less developed intuitiveness, and our literal interpretation of meaning. We just think in a systemised way.