Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

HiTech
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2009, 12:49 am

Hmm, goes to show just how different, differnt regions are.

Where I live, the cashiers not only ask if you have your own bag, but they ask if you want to buy a cloth bag for $0.99. They have plenty of plastic bags, and most peoples groceries are bagged in plastic, but .. I guess we are an environmentally conscientious community.

I don't know what suggestions I can offer to you, maybe put your bag on top of your groceries as the cashier is scanning them (and politely remind the cashier that you didn't put your bag on top of your groceries for shi*s and giggles), and I dunno, just try to remain polite. You are afterall one of hundreds of customers that cashier will see in the day (I work in a grocery store lol, after a while it becomes hard to pay complete attention to a customer, cuz there are so many, but im not a cashier, so i dunno what runs through their head (if anything :P)

HiTech
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2009, 12:55 am

Hmm, goes to show just how different, differnt regions are.

Where I live, the cashiers not only ask if you have your own bag, but they ask if you want to buy a cloth bag for $0.99. They have plenty of plastic bags, and most peoples groceries are bagged in plastic, but .. I guess we are an environmentally conscientious community.

I don't know what suggestions I can offer to you, maybe put your bag on top of your groceries as the cashier is scanning them (and politely remind the cashier that you didn't put your bag on top of your groceries for shi*s and giggles), and I dunno, just try to remain polite. You are afterall one of hundreds of customers that cashier will see in the day (I work in a grocery store lol, after a while it becomes hard to pay complete attention to a customer, cuz there are so many, but im not a cashier, so i dunno what runs through their head (if anything :P)

HiTech
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2009, 8:16 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Why would you bring your own bags?

To save money (cost money to buy plastic here), and the PLANET

Most people I know have their own cotton bags, its cheaper and easier then wasting 10 plastic bags everytime you go grocery shopping)

O and sorry for double posting, I don't know how that happened