fhtbg
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2009, 9:30 am

It consists of 566 simple questions.

My t-score is

39 50 45 44 58 35 40 37 63 43 50 31 72
L---F---K--Hs-D--Hy-Pd-Mf-Pa-Pt-Sc-Ma-Si

Could I see your results if you have taken?

I wonder the typical result of AS. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 9:47 am

They interpret it any way they want.

Psych is not medicine. It's just sophistry. Actually not even that. I like sophistry. Pretty heady stuff.

This is just bad psychology with no science behind it. I actually had a shringk give me a Rhorscahsct once. HA!

dalcassian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Apr 2009, 10:12 am

yeah, I've done it before. For whatever reason the person decided I was lying about my answers, and got mad at me.

as an example, she said that I claimed I wouldn't sneak into a movie theater if I knew I wouldn't get caught. according to her (or maybe the tests criteria, I'm not sure), anyone would do this.

I didn't really like movies, though, and it would make me anxious, and especially at that time a theater was a very stressful place-- big noises, big pictures, music, stressful situations onscreen, etc.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 10:13 am

You probably tipped the "L" scale, dalcassian.

MMPI is a thousand questions--566 is probably the short version.

(Yeah. That was the short version, believe it or not.)

My three significant scores were--

Schizophrenia
Masculinity/Femininity
Social introversion

So, basically, I'm an eccentric introvert who doesn't fit gender stereotypes. We already knew that!

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

fhtbg
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2009, 10:21 am

dalcassian wrote:
yeah, I've done it before. For whatever reason the person decided I was lying about my answers, and got mad at me.

as an example, she said that I claimed I wouldn't sneak into a movie theater if I knew I wouldn't get caught. according to her (or maybe the tests criteria, I'm not sure), anyone would do this.

I didn't really like movies, though, and it would make me anxious, and especially at that time a theater was a very stressful place-- big noises, big pictures, music, stressful situations onscreen, etc.

interesting. I thought a thought like that. Maybe that question assumes that everyone likes watching movie. And I also think some questions in the test are quite old-fashioned. It couldn't reflect our modern life relevantly.

Last edited by fhtbg on 03 Apr 2009, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 10:24 am

It certainly needs to be updated, anyway.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 1:08 pm

I've taken it twice, once during a custody dispute many years ago, more recently when I was tested for AS. I don't recall being shown the actual score results either time, but I'm still walking around loose and unmedicated, so apparently I did okay.

The psychologist who tested me for AS also gave me the Rorschach - I understand that's based primarily on statistical correlation - how many other people with this or that disorder gave similar answers. Sounds like a fancy way of saying 'Focus Group' and I never trusted those, either.

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 8:28 pm

No, but I know someone who got his AS diagnosis after taking it.

Traiken
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2009, 10:25 pm

Which version? The current, I believe, is the MMPI-II (which I've taken). I don't have my T-Scores, but my Welsh Code was 0'8+25-74/613:9#K-LF/ with a 'Fake Bad' T-Score of 56. There's more to it, but the Welsh Code order the clinical scales (numbers) and validity scales (letters) in order from high T-Score to low, with clinical and validity scales separate.

Yeah, it's basically correlations - people with x-y score tend to have a,b, and c characteristics. But a large part of the test is also designed to detect elements such as lying (to the test taker and to yourself), strange inconsistencies, people trying to get a certain diagnosis dishonestly, and a bunch of other stuff (that's why some of those questions seemed so simple: they're designed to find people randomly ticking off answers or trying to appear psychotic even when those with the diagnosis would not [generally] agree).

As such, it's meant to be a guide to diagnosis (not definitive), and to help the examiner determine/confirm if something fishy is going on. Unfortunately (in some ways), the test can now be scored electronically, which means a psych may take the easy route of just believing the computer output instead of properly fitting it with the other patient data (eg, someone may have a high 2 score ['depression'] because of an illness, not a psych issue).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did some work and decoded mine to make it easier to understand:

Code:
Welsh Code
===============================================
No.  T       d<1 Short   Long Name
0:   70-79   -   Si      Social Introversion
8:   65-69   -   Sc      Schizophrenia
2:   62-64   -   D      Depression
5:   60      |   MF      Masculinity/Femininity
7:   59      |   Pt      Psychasthenia
4:   50-57   -   Pd      Psychopathic Deviate
6:   40-49   |   Pa      Paranoia
1:   40-49   |   Hs      Hypochondriasis
3:   40-47   -   Hy      Hysteria
9:   30-39   -   Ma      Hypomania
K:   60-64   -   n/a      Defensiveness
L:   58-59   |   n/a      Lie
F:   56      |   n/a      Infrequency
===============================================
T-Scores:
   Mean:   50
   SD:      10

Note that the names are not quite accurate, and are remnants from the origins of the test. The No. and Short Name versions are correct to use in practice.

You can read more on it here.

AlexJade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Apr 2009, 10:21 am

I just took it yesterday during my AS diagnosis, it was the 566 question version. It will be two weeks until I get any results though.