Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2009, 9:51 pm

Have you ever thought about trying to start your own comic strip? I am trying that now with a comic strip series: "Sharkey & Meeu" which I just posted on YouTube. I know its a 1 in a thousand chance of making it. But why not give it a shot. If you don't try you will never know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr020xUIB8Q

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Apr 2009, 10:07 am

Yes, I have thought about trying comics. For me, it would be individual comics like The Far Side where there is no continuity from one joke to the next. When I was little, I tried to draw out the type of comic strips you are talking about. That was a challenge for me---I don't draw well. I have also thought about trying horror comics like the ones I grew up with in the early 1970s like Eerie Publications---Horror Tales, Terror Tales, etc.

Good luck on your endeavor. And I believe it is a good idea for you to try this.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

06 Apr 2009, 12:46 pm

Ooh, yes. Actually, I'm writing a comics script at the moment - trouble is, it's an idea for an ongoing series that requires someone who can draw in a realistic style, which I'm not really that good at. (I need to find myself a Mike Dringenberg. Heh.)

But...I've been thinking about doing something shorter and more 'alternative' in my usual drawing style, which is a bit more stylized. Either stand-alone or as part of a zine, and probably on the subject of my totally bizarre inner world.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 1:44 pm

I've thought about it several times, but I can never think of a cohesive storyline.

That, and it seems like every time I think of a funny joke, I sit down and draw it, and somehow it doesn't seem funny to me anymore.

So I just stick to drawing weird pictures that sometimes have dialogue.

I get ideas for superhero/detective type stuff a lot, but I don't have the skills to draw something like that.

I helped my friend color his comics for a while, though. That was fun.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 2:56 pm

I've made comics in the past, I've liked writing stories and doing drawings, and comics is a combination of them both.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

d0ds0t
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2009, 3:51 pm