Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

sophialucy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2009, 8:17 pm

i have watched this program and what i do not understand is this the house is a filthy pig stye there is what looks like dried fecal matter on the wall in one of the bedrooms, no bedding on filthy mattresses, and clutter the place is a fire hazard just waiting to happen. how and why is it that childrens protective have not intervened?? autism is no damned excuse to live like a bunch of filthy pigs if the mother cant keep up then something needs to be done. if anyone else chose to live this way the kids would be removed from the home why are these people the exception?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 8:25 pm

What would you suggest they do then? :roll:

Also, if anyone can find autism x6 uploaded to the internet, I would greatly appreciate a link.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

sophialucy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2009, 8:37 pm

i have 4 kids at home 2 have adhd my youngest is 13 and has Asperger's, o.d.d. adhd and he is bipolar, my 16 year old son has adhd besides this my daughter who is the twin to my 16 year old son was struck by a truck on thanksgiving she suffered many many injuries including a traumatic brain injury im a single parent i work 12 hour days its hard very hard and now that my daughter is home its harder she has rods in her legs her neck was broken she has rods in her neck her lungs were both punctured in the accident from her breaking all of her ribs so she has brething problems even with all this on me my house is clean the beds are made with clean linens the kids rooms are clean you wont find feces on the walls nor would i allow the kids to sleep on a bare dirty mattress im sorry to be so blunt but those people made a lumpy bed and the have to deal with it there is no excuse for that house to be that dirty i manage to work and clean my house i clean up after my kids i am concerned for their health and well being im not saying the autism times 6 kids are bad parents but they could do better other people do it so why cant they

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 9:06 pm

Did you join WP just to rant about the autism x 6 family? You didn't even make an intro post.

I have noticed their blog getting some really hateful comments. I don't quite understand why people have to be so cruel. Judging what they don't understand, and spouting hate while hiding behind a computer monitor.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 9:21 pm

sophialucy wrote:
i have watched this program and what i do not understand is this the house is a filthy pig stye there is what looks like dried fecal matter on the wall in one of the bedrooms, no bedding on filthy mattresses, and clutter the place is a fire hazard just waiting to happen. how and why is it that childrens protective have not intervened?? autism is no damned excuse to live like a bunch of filthy pigs if the mother cant keep up then something needs to be done. if anyone else chose to live this way the kids would be removed from the home why are these people the exception?

I've never heard of Autism Times 6. What is that, some kind of reality TV show or something? :roll: Don't people have anything better to do?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 10:07 pm

John_Browning wrote:
Also, if anyone can find autism x6 uploaded to the internet, I would greatly appreciate a link.

Seconded.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 10:48 pm

Here's what I found. It says the show was on this evening at 9. My satellite dish show finder says that it will be repeated at midnight tonight and not again for the next 3 days, as far in the future as the finder shows. It's on the discovery health channel.

http://health.discovery.com/tv/autismx6/tune-in.html

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 11:24 pm

if u live eastern time its on right now on the discovery channel. it was on today at 8 and 11 eastern time. i liked the show, i do know when i was growing up i was very destructive and destroyed the house, i cant imagine 6 of me in a house, i'm pretty dang sure my house would look like that. I love the parents, because of how great they are with their children how they advocate acceptance, education and how to take care of autistics now, rather then focusing on research for a cure, more focusing on helping them now. Heres there site if you want to learn more about them---> www.autismbites.com

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 11:59 pm

sophialucy wrote:
i have 4 kids at home 2 have adhd my youngest is 13 and has Asperger's, o.d.d. adhd and he is bipolar, my 16 year old son has adhd besides this my daughter who is the twin to my 16 year old son was struck by a truck on thanksgiving she suffered many many injuries including a traumatic brain injury im a single parent i work 12 hour days its hard very hard and now that my daughter is home its harder she has rods in her legs her neck was broken she has rods in her neck her lungs were both punctured in the accident from her breaking all of her ribs so she has brething problems even with all this on me my house is clean the beds are made with clean linens the kids rooms are clean you wont find feces on the walls nor would i allow the kids to sleep on a bare dirty mattress im sorry to be so blunt but those people made a lumpy bed and the have to deal with it there is no excuse for that house to be that dirty i manage to work and clean my house i clean up after my kids i am concerned for their health and well being im not saying the autism times 6 kids are bad parents but they could do better other people do it so why cant they

Maybe it was just filmed on a bad day. Some people have days when the house is all messy. Or maybe the film makers deliberately left it there. Who knows? I'm sure the feces is all cleaned up by now.
They have 6 kids, don't make a lot of money and the mother has clinical depression and GAD. I read the site.
My mum raised four kids on her own and did manage to keep the house clean. Most were NT, but still 6 kids is way different than four kids, especially seeing as the two youngest have classical autism.

I haven't seen this show yet, but hope it will be available online soon.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 10:52 am

have not seen the programme [typical its discovery again] but maybe the poo smearing or throwing is done that often that cleaning is almost useless to them? this is what it was like at the last residential home am lived in,the aspie/CB lady there had coated everything from the carpets to the ceilings,walls and lamp shades in her poo.They tend to paint over poo marks on walls/ceilings in the residential homes here,rather than clean which might say a lot.
Also,maybe the lady in the programme just sees it as part of the furniture,doesnt notice it.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2009, 12:08 pm

The same family is talked about in the Unlocking autism doc that aired before it yesterday. The dad talks about it. He says the reason they don't have sheets is because the sheets are constantly taken off by the children. and the state of the walls is due to the Sarah (the Classic Autism one who likes to bounce) liking to tear off the paint from the walls. Hence the brown walls.

Also, I'm listening to the podcast with the dad and hes talking to someone about when CPS came and took the kids away. Once they realized that the fact that they were autistic had a lot to do with the state of the home ( some of the children were rather destructive, not negligent parents). It seems a lot of people take issue with the condition of the house completely ignorant state at home.

In the end the kids are cared for, fed, clothed, schooled, and over all in good condition. Are the parents able to provide every luxury, no, but they provide enough that they people IMO should get off their back.

RandomKid
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 3:03 pm

From their website.
The 3 youngest are still in diapers and the 4 and 6 year old are completely non-verbal, they are also our biters (chomp!). We have to put them in backward one piece outfits to keep them from stripping and smearing their poop everywhere. Our 4 year old climbs on, breaks and rips EVERYTHING. His nickname we've given him is “Ammon the Destroyer” (like Conan the Destroyer).
We're trying hard to be the best parents our children need. Unfortunately our lack of space (1100 sq. ft. 3 bed, 1 bath, no basement) at home and our finances make it a bit difficult

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 3:11 pm

OK,. this is kinda wierd. NOt sure how I feel about it.

07 Apr 2009, 3:15 pm

I don't think I would be able to handle having three autistic kids who are that bad.I would probably fall into deep depression and stress and when I was very stressed out, I don't take it well so who knows what I would end up doing to those kids if they were mine. My bf has seen me when I'm stressed out, I started hitting and throwing things and I am screaming. The aspie ones aren't that bad because they are milder so they won't do those disturbing things.

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2009, 4:47 pm

I am Autistic with ADHD, my wife is an Aspie,
2 of my three sons are ADHD, my daughter is ADD + Autistic.

Apparent bad things can be used for good. Knowing how I was as a kid when I was moreso wired to the max coupled with being an Autie, and my wife being an Aspie, we both have been able to create an enviroment that gives a nurturing enviroment for the kids. My wife has homeschooled all of the kids from the start.

Trying to make kids behave in an enviroment which is pro-NT does not work all that well, some kids can adapt better than others. Knowing your kids enough would enable the parent to adapt the enviroment which is more pro-ASD and created a better enviroment for the children.

My $0.02 worth...

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 4:51 pm

Dee_ wrote:
Trying to make kids behave in an environment which is pro-NT does not work all that well, some kids can adapt better than others. Knowing your kids enough would enable the parent to adapt the environment which is more pro-ASD and created a better environment for the children.

The mom probably has BAP (Broader Autism Phenotype). They interviewed her and mentioned this as a possibility, although they didn't call it by name.