Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

luchog
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2009, 12:26 am

Just joined up after lurking for a while.

Found the forum as a link on another forum I've been a member of for several years now; in a discussion on autism and Asperger's in particular (they tend to crop up rather frequently).

I've never been formally diagnosed with Asperger's, having grown up before it became widely accepted; but have been told by a number people who have worked with Aspies, including several who are Aspies, that I'm undoubtedly one. I have no objection to this, as it fits with my childhood experience better than any other explanation so far. I have a brother who was formally diagnosed as dyslexic. I'm relatively high-functioning for the most part, but have had my share of public meltdowns and near-meltdowns. I've been told by others, who have interacted with me only casually, that my social skills seemed perfectly normal to them; most likely the result of having had said social skills repeatedly beaten into me during childhood.

I'm a Goth, skeptic, gamer, computer geek, musician, artist, furry, metalhead, bisexual, hippy, transgendered, Christian (anti-fundie), borderline weeabo, /b/tard, polyamourous, curmudgeon, cynic, pervert. I read obsessively, and argue incessantly; and am an inveterate beer snob. I like anime, sci-fi (all sorts), fantasy, classic cartoons, science, and cheese. I have a fairly decent circle of friends, most of whom are not Aspie, but are some other variety of freak. I'm a fairly generic Anglo-European Mutt, mostly English, Irish, Ukranian, and German. I realize that some of these may appear contradictory, and I accept that I'm somewhat paradoxical. I am also a huge fan of blindingly-bright-coloured toe socks.

I'm married to a wonderful woman who I've been involved with for over a decade; and who is more or less as Aspie as I am. I have three stepkids, now grown, two of whom are even more Aspie than their mother.

Oh, and I should say, a close friend describes her sense of humour as "a unique way of committing suicide". This comment certainly applies to mine. Few people appreciate my sense of humour, usually for good reasons.

So yeah, that's about all I feel like telling anyone right now.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 12:34 am

Welcome to WP, you should fit in here

luchog
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2009, 12:37 am

mispost

Last edited by luchog on 07 Apr 2009, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luchog
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2009, 12:39 am

silentbob15 wrote:

Great Zarquon, I hope not. I've successfully avoided fitting in anywhere else so far, I'd hate to spoil a perfect record.

Oh, and I love your user icon. Psycho Rimmer FTW!

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 5:15 am

Quote:
minarchist libertarian

You mean, you espouse ways of structuring power that restrict individual exploitation to a minimum - without impacting on the inalienable freedoms of the individual?

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 8:50 am

Welcome to the Wrong Planet community, luchog.

luchog
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2009, 5:49 pm

peterd wrote:
Quote:
minarchist libertarian

You mean, you espouse ways of structuring power that restrict individual exploitation to a minimum - without impacting on the inalienable freedoms of the individual?

No, I just wanted to sound cool and intellectual. :D

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2009, 6:03 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Your_Kisa
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Apr 2009, 11:17 pm

luchog wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:

Great Zarquon, I hope not. I've successfully avoided fitting in anywhere else so far, I'd hate to spoil a perfect record.

Lol, I like you already. I'm also an aspy, but I friggen hate most people because they sheerly bore me to death... So ya, welcome to the community. I'm new btw...heh, anyways...

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 5:26 pm

luchog wrote:
Just joined up after lurking for a while.

Found the forum as a link on another forum I've been a member of for several years now; in a discussion on autism and Asperger's in particular (they tend to crop up rather frequently).

I've never been formally diagnosed with Asperger's, having grown up before it became widely accepted; but have been told by a number people who have worked with Aspies, including several who are Aspies, that I'm undoubtedly one. I have no objection to this, as it fits with my childhood experience better than any other explanation so far. I have a brother who was formally diagnosed as dyslexic. I'm relatively high-functioning for the most part, but have had my share of public meltdowns and near-meltdowns. I've been told by others, who have interacted with me only casually, that my social skills seemed perfectly normal to them; most likely the result of having had said social skills repeatedly beaten into me during childhood.

I'm a Goth, skeptic, gamer, computer geek, musician, artist, furry, metalhead, bisexual, hippy, transgendered, Christian (anti-fundie), borderline weeabo, /b/tard, polyamourous, curmudgeon, cynic, pervert. I read obsessively, and argue incessantly; and am an inveterate beer snob. I like anime, sci-fi (all sorts), fantasy, classic cartoons, science, and cheese. I have a fairly decent circle of friends, most of whom are not Aspie, but are some other variety of freak. I'm a fairly generic Anglo-European Mutt, mostly English, Irish, Ukranian, and German. I realize that some of these may appear contradictory, and I accept that I'm somewhat paradoxical. I am also a huge fan of blindingly-bright-coloured toe socks.

I'm married to a wonderful woman who I've been involved with for over a decade; and who is more or less as Aspie as I am. I have three stepkids, now grown, two of whom are even more Aspie than their mother.

Oh, and I should say, a close friend describes her sense of humour as "a unique way of committing suicide". This comment certainly applies to mine. Few people appreciate my sense of humour, usually for good reasons.

So yeah, that's about all I feel like telling anyone right now.

You were a SeaGoth were you not? There was someone with the handle Luchog on the late seattle gothic message board. :?

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 5:51 pm

luchog wrote:
silentbob15 wrote:

pfff, get over yourself, and fit in w the rest of absolute misfits now ;]

btw, self-contradictions are just interesting. people sticking to one-sided world views are boring.
i love being all sympathetic towards war victims and stuff, feeling sorry for the howling crying grown man on tv and stuff, for then, the next minute, to wish for war, dead bodies and destruction.

really!
(and no "be careful what you wish for" nonsense w me, that only works for people whos wishes tend to come true. bastards )