Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 11:06 pm

Hello, I'm an Aspie and I've never felt any sexual attraction whatsoever, not even a slight one, and I don't feel a need for it; it's like something completely foreign to me. I've had a boyfriend once, but I dated him only for his personality. Are any of you like this as well? And how do you find out whether you're straight or not?

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 12:54 am

Some of us are asexual. What does it matter if you're gay, straight or bi if you're not attracted to anyone of any gender?

Zand
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Apr 2009, 2:29 am

I would say I'm about the same way. Currently looking for some one who has a personality that I like.

GodsWonder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Apr 2009, 9:21 am

I am like that too, I don't have any sexual attraction at all. It always made things more awkward for me because when I would be around a bunch of guys when they were talking about girls I wouldn't know what to say or even know what they were talking about. It is called asexuality.

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 10:01 am

I almost have none other than jokes. meh, Closet-asexual?

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 1:57 pm

I'm the opposite lol I have some wild fantasies :wink:

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 8:56 pm

MONKEY wrote:

Oh boy. I don't wanna know what you're thinkin'. :P And you're only 16???

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 9:03 pm

maybe your sexual experience is not physical - two personalities can have sex too, i guess.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 2:12 pm

it's too early to tell- many aspies are late bloomers. I thought I was asexual too until just a few years ago.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 2:30 pm

Oh, the OP is only 18!! ! My math professor was a nun until she was 35 years old and had her first boyfriend and husband when she was 40! Another lady I know had a boyfriend and made a healthy baby when she was 45!

You might find an autistic guy who does not like sex, and expresses his sexuality through talking and his personality and other non-physical ways.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 2:35 pm

MathGirl wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

Oh boy. I don't wanna know what you're thinkin'. :P And you're only 16???

I'm 13 and I agree with MONKEY. :lol:

y es como un semestre"

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 12:35 am

Learning2Survive wrote:
You might find an autistic guy who does not like sex, and expresses his sexuality through talking and his personality and other non-physical ways.

I wish. It is my biggest dream to find a guy like that... which is very difficult. All the autistic guys at my school (in my grade) are just strange. They scare me...

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 9:09 pm

MathGirl wrote:
Learning2Survive wrote:

I wish. It is my biggest dream to find a guy like that... which is very difficult. All the autistic guys at my school (in my grade) are just strange. They scare me...

he don't have to be autistic, hon, just umm.. sooo many men are impotent, you just don't know cuz they hide it. that means no physical sex for you right there. i don't how a guy like that can be located, though, but maybe you could ask your family and friends? just be open about it. people won't freak out. just say i want a bf but i don't want anything physical what-so-ever. it's kinda like coming out as say bi, but i believe it might be totally worth it. you are fine the way you are, and you deserve to get what your soul and what your body want - which in this case a guy who likes you but has no need to touch you. every woman needs a man in her life, and this would be the kind of man for you. you are only 18, so don't rush and don't get yourself in anything you are not 100% happy about. oh yeah, and there are sooo many guys who don't like sex with women cause they only enjoy masturbation and por*. that further expands your menu.

autistic guys can be nice and can be annoying jerks. just like nts. not all autistics created equal.

Catster3
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2009, 6:52 am

asexuality is higher in AS than the general population I am an asexual aspie female.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 3:37 pm

Learning2Survive wrote:
MathGirl wrote:
Learning2Survive wrote:

he don't have to be autistic, hon, just umm.. sooo many men are impotent, you just don't know cuz they hide it. that means no physical sex for you right there. i don't how a guy like that can be located, though, but maybe you could ask your family and friends? just be open about it. people won't freak out. just say i want a bf but i don't want anything physical what-so-ever. it's kinda like coming out as say bi, but i believe it might be totally worth it. you are fine the way you are, and you deserve to get what your soul and what your body want - which in this case a guy who likes you but has no need to touch you. every woman needs a man in her life, and this would be the kind of man for you. you are only 18, so don't rush and don't get yourself in anything you are not 100% happy about. oh yeah, and there are sooo many guys who don't like sex with women cause they only enjoy masturbation and por*. that further expands your menu.

autistic guys can be nice and can be annoying jerks. just like nts. not all autistics created equal.

I am aware that autistics are different too. It's just that I've gone out with NT guys before, but I felt that there was no deep and intimate connection between us because of our differences. I want to find a man who will truly feel like my "other half" - and through my experiences, I've found that my heart and my mind just didn't connect to the NTs this way. I felt uncomfortable with them because they were more outgoing and always talked about their friendships and experiences that I couldn't relate to. It's not normal for a relationship to be like this - there isn't supposed to be any tension or emotional barriers.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2009, 4:53 pm

I'm asexual as well.

I found it out and go on this site for it all the time.

www.asexuality.org

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w