Woman gets theft citation for picking daffodils

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 2:07 pm

Woman gets theft citation for picking daffodils

Quote:
CENTRALIA, Wash. – A woman accused of picking daffodils on city property was arrested and given a theft citation. Police said a man called to complain about the flower picker, and an officer found the 48-year-old woman at Providence Centralia Hospital. She said she had picked the flowers for a family member who was a patient.

Police Chief Bob Berg told KITI radio the woman was arrested after she became rude and threw the flowers at the officer.

___

Information from: KITI-AM, http://www.live95.com/

I believe that when the police have the time to investigate and prosecute cases like this one, that is an indication that there are too many police officers with too much time on their hands...

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 2:16 pm

Lucky she wasn't in England. The police would have beaten her up and left her for dead for such a heinous crime! She would have ended up in the hospital bed next to her relative.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 2:17 pm

The pigs cause more hurt and indignation than they prevent. They're a bunch of tossers.

y es como un semestre"

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Apr 2009, 2:55 pm

Years ago I was walking with my niece and we came upon a public flower garden where there used to be a trashy vacant lot. My niece bolted into the flowers (stepping on some) and began yanking them up by the handful. I yanked her right back out again. She was astonished. I explained that if everybody did that then we'd be back to trash on the corner again. This was downtown, where I lived - greenery is rare, nevermind flowers. My niece never accepted my reasoning, and neither did her Mom (they live in suburbia with flowers everywhere).

So I guess it comes down to this: what is sharing? My niece thinks that sharing means she gets to take some. I think sharing means nobody takes any so we all get to enjoy them.

As for the police, I hope they only make that kind of fuss once a year - it makes enough publicity to raise awareness.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 10:24 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
The pigs cause more hurt and indignation than they prevent. They're a bunch of tossers.
I agree. In this case it's a case of being power hungry. What kind of idiot would call in the lady for that?