Do you dislike mustard and mayonnaise?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

22 Apr 2009, 12:48 pm

I HATE mayo. It makes me gag. If I buy prepacked sandwiches, I have to spend ages checking they don't have mayo in them. I can't eat anything that's even been near mayo on a plate. Ditto coleslaw or potato salad or anything coated in mayo.

The worst is salad cream, though - that's kind of like a runnier version of mayo we have here in the UK, I don't know if they have it elsewhere - it was a standard thing at school lunches when I was a kid, and their salad cream was really runny, and you weren't allowed to choose whether you wanted it on the plate or not. Also, my mother had a taste for eating tinned salmon with chips (i.e. fries, home-made ones) with tons of salad cream, and it was all I could do not to actually be sick being at the same table watching her eat it.

Mustard I used to not like, but I got a taste for it a few years back. Has to be English mustard, though, not that yellow goop that passes for mustard in the US (sorry, guys, but you really have to try Colman's if you want real mustard... :lol: )

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 1:01 pm

Love mustard and hate mayonnaise, I do like miracle whip salad dressing.
One thing I really hate is ketchup on hotdogs, its fine on burgers and fries.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 7:11 am

I like any good strong mustard.

I hate mayo.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 7:20 am

Mayonnaise is unacceptable. I can't touch anything with mayo, except for some reason when I was a kid I used to be OK with egg salad (I haven't tried it in easily 10 years).

I rarely if ever will eat mustard by choice, but if say someone gives a sandwich that happens to have mustard, I can live with that and sometimes I definitely enjoy it. I'm not really sure what my hang-up with mustard is, as far as I can tell there's not really anything wrong with it, but I generally steer clear anyway.

Ketchup is the same deal as mustard, except I can only deal with it if it is not overused. Excessive ketchup is bad news.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Apr 2009, 7:26 am

Yes, I like mustard and mayo. However, my wife often likes to buy the specialty mustards---and I don't like those as much as traditional yellow mustards. I like mayo too---but don't often use it.

I have a funny story about mayo. I was at a food bar once and thought I was getting banana pudding---it turns out I took about three big spoonfuls of mayo instead and put it on my dessert plate. Whoa---talk about a weird experience eating a mouthful of mayo thinking it was pudding :oops: .

Someone mentioned hotdogs and making messes. I believe I eat hotdogs differently than many other people. I turn my hot dog sideways to eat it. I like to bite into the bun first. Anyone else eat hotdogs that way?

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 8:11 am

I only like mayonnaise with chicken

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 8:20 am

glider18 wrote:

I have a funny story about mayo. I was at a food bar once and thought I was getting banana pudding---it turns out I took about three big spoonfuls of mayo instead and put it on my dessert plate. Whoa---talk about a weird experience eating a mouthful of mayo thinking it was pudding :oops: .

eww that's rough dude :lol:

If I get outsmarted by a food, that food is immediately blacklisted.

That happened to me most notably with a piece of grilled eggplant that I thought was fish. It's happened other times too I think but I can't recall off hand

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 9:59 am

I love mustard, I dislike mayonnaise. I like mayo if its mixed in with something and there is not too much of it. But mayonnaise will actually make my stomach cramp, and if I eat too much of it with an acidic food (like tomatoes), it will cause me to vomit even if I liked what it was in.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 12:13 pm

My whole diet consists mostly of condiments of every kind.

Aspiegirl2001
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 12:39 pm

I like mayo with chicken

But i don't like mustard

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 2:31 pm

Mustard is my favorite, and there's so many different kinds =)

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 2:49 pm

I didn't like both, when very young I only liked dry food, no more.