Do you twitch?
Yes. 90%  90%  [ 112 ]
No. 10%  10%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 124

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 9:50 am

Eh, no. If I twitch, I have uncontrollable, 'un-influence-able' motor tics again.

Kasek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2009, 11:26 pm

Oh GOODNESS do I twitch. Just reading this thread has most of my motor tics going off of the deep end. I have some major tic disorder (which my doctor says is PANDAS), which includes tics like arm waving, neck tightening, slamming my head onto the nearest hard surface, and tilting my seat so I fall over and hurt myself. Though right now it's just minor tics like my legs tensing and untensing, and my fingers jutting out into random positions.

~Kasek

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 11:33 pm

Ever since I can remember, I've gotten this thing where I get a shivery feeling up my spine and then my head jerks/turns to the left. It probably happens, on average once every day or two.

I mentioned it to my mother the other day (I'm 41), and she said she had never noticed it. That's not surprising, though. She didn't notice a lot of things! And I never thought to mention it when I was younger, because I just assumed that everyone else was like me.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 11:40 pm

Some of my doctors say I have Tourette's - waiting word from the neurologist - but my parents are defiant. To them it's just a nervous tic. They're more insistent that I have Aspergers moreso than Tourette's.

That is, to say, I have a lot of tics and many of them are complex. The most noticeable one is my stuttering which is absolutely bizarre as I seemingly cut and paste phrases and leave words and phrases out together to make a cryptic stuttered mishmash whenever I talk. This is something I only noticed after seeing a recording of myself in conversation.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2009, 2:19 am

It is getting to that time of the year where my twiches get really bad...

I notice it when I walk in the store on hot days, i walk past some gal in a halter top and looks likeshe has goosebumps on her arms and other obvious telltale signs... then I get that twitch... or like other times when I take the kids to the beach.... it seems that the twitches I get are directly proportional to the ratio of females to males who are at the beach... This year I should wear briefs and boxers to conceal the twitching so I do not get looked as much or get as many giggles from some of these people of the opposite gender...

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 7:37 am

Sometimes. On occasions I twitch my nose.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 11:58 am

Yeah, I get twitches/ticks/spasms from time to time. Tends to annoy me. Unpleasant.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 2:47 pm

Sometimes when I am resting I get twitchs in my legs.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2009, 8:56 pm

Due to hyperthyroidism, yes

End it all?

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 9:05 pm

Mosse wrote:

Oh my god! Now that I think of it, I have all symptoms of hyperthyroidism... Heat intolerance, excessive sweating, hair loss, weight loss, very rapid digestion of food... even though I used to eat fast food I was always underweight! Hmm... I wonder if this might be common in people with AS?

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 9:58 pm

I twitch a bit, but apparently I'm really twitchy in my sleep.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 3:36 pm

I twitch, but I'm pretty sure it's tourrettism caused by lamotrigine (lamictal).

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Apr 2009, 4:30 pm

MathGirl wrote:
Mosse wrote:

Oh my god! Now that I think of it, I have all symptoms of hyperthyroidism... Heat intolerance, excessive sweating, hair loss, weight loss, very rapid digestion of food... even though I used to eat fast food I was always underweight! Hmm... I wonder if this might be common in people with AS?

I am having an Ultrasound of my thyroid, because of suspected problems. At first I thought it was hypo, but now reading the above, I wonder if it is hyper, because of sweating, heat intolerance, hair loss. The only thing I wish would happen is weight loss, and it hasn't.

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2009, 5:39 pm

well since its a tic i do this thing with my neck i stretch it alot.
i click my jaw and move it around and i wrinkle my nose alot until i forget im doing it lol

eaglez
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jul 2009, 11:21 am

Yes i do , i sometimes jerk my head up or to the left and make a sort of squeky noise

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jul 2009, 5:05 pm

Twitch my foot when sitting and I usually have to be holding something.