Eye Gaze, Wink, Hair Flip, licking lips, lean in, Whisper...

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 1:51 pm

http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singl ... aWtG68Gq9_

shows you how much NTs rely on body language in the dating game.

anybody tried any of these moves?

success or fail?

P.S. this one is interesting too http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singl ... aWtG4GYK5_

Bluestocking
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Apr 2009, 3:48 pm

I learned that something potential partners seemed to naturally love in me was my soft voice, since they had to lean in close to hear me. I didn't do it on purpose, I just talk that way, but with some people I was attracted to and wanted to show interest, I would capitalize on that. :wink:

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 4:01 pm

^^ I am very sorry as I have not entered the happy link. ^^ My happy friend (a lady) and a boy, (I must say, I am not certain if they are within a relationship, I find this very confusing, they appeared to visit many places with one another and speak in quiet voices with one another and appear to act differently than with other inviduals) often appeared to simply and happily look into one another's eyes. ^^ I find this very intriguing as I would find this very difficult I believe. ^^ What is the purpose of this may I ask?

JennaJ
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2009, 4:19 pm

Body lanuage is a GREAT indicator in the dating game to understand who likes them. it is just that NT"s can "read" the body language better. I think if an aspie were able to read body language they would also have a better understanding between a flirt and a friendly gesture.

So it isn't so much NT's relying on body language being a negative thing as is suggested in your statement it is more the fact that they can read it better and that can make dating a little bit easier on them. Aspies can rely on their other strengths tho since this isn't necessarily one of them.

I think many single aspies tho would rather know how to read body language better. It makes for confusing signals when they don't know how.

TB
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 4:40 pm

Ryan says: If a gaze followed by a smile doesn't bring him over, trust me, he's not interested

i hope not all nt's decide wether or not somebody is interested after one smile because then we would be doomed how the hell are you supposed to tell if its just a friendly smile or if there is more behind it ?.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 5:57 pm

Learning2Survive wrote:
http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singles/datingtips/print88071/dating-tips-9-flirting-moves-that-work-and-ones-that-never-ever-will;_ylt=Ala6ETeax.Kk2yx1KOaWtG68Gq9_

anybody tried any of these moves?

success or fail?

P.S. this one is interesting too http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singl ... aWtG4GYK5_

Both of those articles are just utter crap... not to mention that according to the second one, I should be a woman...

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2009, 1:40 am

Someone is plugging in for a book somewhere....

another useless dating book

Rack
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2009, 5:18 pm

<I>Try the slow wink. You close your eyelid and then open it slowly, and at the same time roll your shoulder forward and lift your chin, like you're laughing in slow-motion. But just know that this move is lethal, and it sends a message loud and clear. You might as well give him your room key.</i>

I'd just think she was having a spasm. Humans are weird.

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 5:24 pm

I do some of that stuff without quite knowing I'm doing it. Some of it, though, is just excessive, even possibly 'slu*ty'-seeming behaviour. It's good for a quick lay, but if you want a meaningful relationship, I think the only flirting that really needs to happen is through quite a lot of heartfelt 'chit-chat'.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 5:26 pm

I think a sensible body language person said you can't really fake body language. That is because there are so any muscles in you body it is impossible to be able to coordinate them to that effect, without that inherent automation.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2009, 5:29 pm

Orbyss wrote:
I do some of that stuff without quite knowing I'm doing it. Some of it, though, is just excessive, even possibly 'slu*ty'-seeming behaviour. It's good for a quick lay, but if you want a meaningful relationship, I think the only flirting that really needs to happen is through quite a lot of heartfelt 'chit-chat'.

Body language is neither verbal nor on a conscious level and is involved in salacious flirting and quiet chit-chat alike.

I get what you mean, you want something more meaningful that a quick lay. However body language us not even on that level of thinking. In fact 'thinking' is not really the correct word for it. it is instantaneous, if you are thinking about it isn't body language.

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2009, 7:57 pm

I do not understand many of these subtle body language things to know what is going on... I try to be myself, and sometimes it is crazy...