not attracted to guys anymore. only cartoons.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

houseofcards
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2009, 2:36 am

I'm not attracted to girls though (I'm still straight) I just find guys completely unattractive as well. even though I've never been into actually going on dates, I've always been 'boy crazy' and suddenly I'm not. I've been trying to figue out why, and I realized after the last guy in my life turned out to be a disgusting creep and liar, that's when I went back to having crushes on cartoons.

Homer: Oh, no! I'm not making two stops!

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 5:59 am

Well good for you, I guess...

OmegaZero
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2009, 8:03 am

That's great and all but having a crush on a fictional character won't get you too far, but whatever floats your boat

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 9:43 am

Sometimes I wish I wasn't attracted to boys.... :?

Gaya
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2009, 10:40 am

Some anime guys are hawt. :P

Kasek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2009, 1:13 pm

Haha, my NT sister is like this as well. My old girlfriend too, who had a few mental disorders of her own (I don't think she was an aspie though), but she said she could imagine me as an anime character so it worked out, at least for a couple of years.

~Kasek

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 3:38 pm

Kasek wrote:
Haha, my NT sister is like this as well. My old girlfriend too, who had a few mental disorders of her own (I don't think she was an aspie though), but she said she could imagine me as an anime character so it worked out, at least for a couple of years.

Damn, that's actually pretty depressing. :D "I only love you because you're a fantasy."

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 5:28 pm

People being more attracted to "caricatures" than actual human beings is far more common than you would think...

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 12:29 am

Cyberman wrote:
People being more attracted to "caricatures" than actual human beings is far more common than you would think...

Attracted to a caricatures more than actual people? If by caricatures you mean cartoons and illustrations, that's probably extremely rare...

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 1:55 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Cyberman wrote:

Attracted to a caricatures more than actual people? If by caricatures you mean cartoons and illustrations, that's probably extremely rare...

I think what was implied was that many are attracted to an ideal or made up person instead of reality. It happens even in real relationships.

Personally, I find it fascinating that made up things can have such an impact on us. I get moved by movies, or feel connections to characters... and many do... and that's just weird.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 3:17 am

Pugly wrote:
I think what was implied was that many are attracted to an ideal or made up person instead of reality. It happens even in real relationships.

Ohhhhh, I see. I guess sometimes I take implications too literally. Maybe I have Aspergers? :wink:

Bluestocking
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2009, 10:16 am

It's more common than you think. Only the ones I meet aren't attracted to cartoons, but literary characters. Specifically, that vampire from Twilight.
There's nothing wrong with it though, so long as you don't mind the lack of physical contact and emotional feedback.

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2009, 10:51 am

I have a massive crush on kakashi from naruto. HE is my perfect man, I wish I could find someone like him. I thought I was strange, but there are many people who have these crushes...there's a thread in the television forum all about them! Fictional characters are always better because they are perfect and predictable and don't let you down. As opposed to patners in relationships where you can never tell what's gonna happen next and you can never depend on them or trust them 100 percent.

Moonshadow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2009, 11:03 pm

^ Ya know, I think that Red Eyed chick thats Kiba's, Hinata's, and Shino's sensai is pretty hot. :wink:

Anyway, I think its not weird to be attracted to fictional characters, however, to the OP, don't just snuff off real people over a bad relationship or two, you will find the right person someday, perhaps another aspie that knows more about what its like to be in your shoes. I believe not giving up is the best way to overcome our obstacles given to us by having AS in a NT world.

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 5:50 pm

Jessica Rabbit, anyone? I'm only kidding. I think I understand. That last guy you dated was a creep and a liar. That sucks! Not all men are like that. Don't lose all hope. I did that for many years, until I met a woman friend that showed me that not all women are evil (as I have falsely believed). And now, I'm too old! lol I hope the best for you as well.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 8:48 pm

Pugly wrote:

Correct. What people often expect to find for "lovers" are so idealized and unrealistic that they might as well be cartoons.