Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

michael23
Raven
Raven

04 May 2009, 3:28 pm

Hi Everyone.

My name is Michael and I am 23 years old. I live in Arizona, USA.

Since I was diagnosed with Asperger's at the age of 10 I have discovered that it has been really difficult for me not only to make friends but keep them because I am really shy.

Sometimes since I am so shy I try and go into chat rooms to meet girls/women however that has caused some problems for me in the past.

I am hoping to meet girls/women who are shy but would be willing to make friends with me and see where it goes because I would like to meet someone special when the time is right.

If you want to get to know me feel free to provide feedback or send me a message. Thanks.

WonderWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2009, 6:21 pm

Hi, Michael. Well, I'm not interested in the girlfriend part because I'm 56, but ciruclating is a good thing and this is a good start. I am replying because I so relate to what you said about it being hard to make friends. I'm so happy for you that you know what the reason is. I didn't know what it was until last year, when I was 55! It's been so hard. So now, you can do the logical things that we do to figure out socializing intellectually. I've noticed that relationships are hard even for NTs, so don't get discouraged. I found that knowing what my interests are and going places or talking with people who share them is a great start. Of course, I'm not in a relationship now, so maybe I don't know much. But I have been and I do have some people that I talk to and would call friends. And this is waaaay! different than when I was younger and didn't know what was going on. I thought I was some kind of anomally or aberration of society or something and would just try to smile through the day and not let on how horrible it was for me. I'm so glad you can share and hopefully find someone who understands and will be willing to work through the issues.

Best of luck.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 4:06 pm

I'm a hot exotic woman with asperger's and I can relate. I want to get with you. LOL not! In your dreams!
That might happen someday though.

WonderWoman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2009, 5:44 pm

Hope this is encouraging: One time I went on a date with someone who also has Aspergers and I decided that I wouldn't try to talk at all, just relax and respond to him. We went for a 3-hour hike in a beautiful location near the Malibu canyons. As time went on we forgot ourselves and chatted about various things, just bit by bit. It was a lovely afternoon. He has other serious problems (alcoholic) and we're just not compatible in other ways, so it didn't work out, but if those good experiences can add up with the right person, they would be plenty. And someone with Aspergers themselves would understand.