Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2006, 12:19 am

good dating site or not? I've started a questionarre and I really need to know if it is that accurate.

Let's hope I don't end up with that teacher again! Ugh....

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 1:36 am

airbikecop wrote:
good dating site or not? I've started a questionarre and I really need to know if it is that accurate.

Let's hope I don't end up with that teacher again! Ugh....

Seems like yet another scam. I looked at their "success stories" and some of their photos were obviously taken in the late 80's after the look of the women's hairstyles and bridal dresses.

Comkeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2006, 1:45 am

Seems like their commercials are on all over the place on TV. You should probably just google "is eharmony a scam" and you'll find tons of info on it. As for me, I'm still in college and I'm not giving up on the old fashioned way of doing things.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2006, 3:28 am

I don't think its a scam as much as the fact that the ratio of men and women is way out of kilter and the women on there tend to feel swamped. It makes enough sense though just by virtue of human nature - women on average tend to me more set on things just happing on their own power with no prearrangement, its about being swept, and that's not something a date-matching database does; you can't be more deliberate. A lot of guys are like that too, I'd really prefer something to happen IRL and on its own over a match-bot hands down, but I think guys are more willing to give in to something like that if they can't find a better way or if they feel the science behind it works. As for it not working in a lot of cases with us, it's a pretty complex algorhythm that has to be adjusted and reinterpreted as new personality types are catered to and they admit its still in it's infancy, as is the social/psychological science behind it, and still kind of a mess around the edges as you see personality types that are less and less common.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

focused
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jan 2006, 6:37 am

I took the e harmony questionnaire. I answered straight down the middle to most of questions (the agree with - disagree with continuum) because I really didn't know the answers. I suppose many with AS would have trouble answering those questions. I for one don't identify my feelings that well, I have them but it is always other people that make me aware of my own feelings. I'm always the last to know how I feel about something, beyond good and bad or positive and negative. A few weeks later they sent me a match, I read her profile and I suspect that my answers were quite misleading as I could never date someone that listened to Rush Limbaugh. I guess I answered the questionnaire incorrectly.

fizzled
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jan 2006, 6:17 pm

I filled out the questionaire. I didn't think the "personality assessment" or whatever it's called was particularly insightful or even valid. The system suggested one match (out of all female users in my major metropolitan area), who upon reading her profile didn't seem in any way compatible.

hell_grey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2006, 7:23 pm

i did it just for kicks and told to find matches anywhere in the world and it only came up with 2 LOL

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 7:40 pm

hell_grey wrote:
i did it just for kicks and told to find matches anywhere in the world and it only came up with 2 LOL

Better than me!! !!

hell_grey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2006, 8:09 pm

i cant help but wonder if it limits results until you pay? did we miss something? ARE WE REALLY THAT WEIRD?! !? lol

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jan 2006, 9:24 pm

There where no matches at all for me.

:(

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2006, 6:00 pm

I've been on e-harmony and had a two week trial on it (I'd no intention of ever paying).

Whether the matching system actually worked, and whether the partners who came up for me during this trial period were suitable, I would seriously question. But it was an interesting, and highly flattering, two weeks.

It's just the sort of matches who came up. I searched worldwide (since I was never going to pay and go any further with it anyway), and the ladies who came up all had professional or high-flying jobs.

They were all attorneys, company directors, estate agents, worked for TV, and the like. All ladies who were doing extremely well for themselves.

And, even being on trial, I had stacks of matches come up in 2 weeks.