Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 11:57 pm

StewartMango wrote:
I came out nicely and then I pooped in the doctors hand.

ROTFLMAO

obnoxiously-me
Raven
Raven

14 May 2009, 3:45 am

I was born prematurely and came out with me feet first. aaaand that's all I know.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 4:09 am

I had a difficult birth. I like the oxygen-deprivation theory.

The year is still young.

Lana
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2009, 6:30 am

My Aspie aged 8yrs (youngest of 4) was a long and difficult birth, which was an incredible shock after having 3 easy births, (first was 3.5hrs, second was 50 mins and number three was 2.5 hrs with no problems). My darling Aspie was 8.5 hrs of nothing happening but excrutiating pain, then came very fast and sudden in the end. He had the cord around his neck tight, a cleft lip which was not picked up in Ultrasounds, and his breathing and heart stopped. He was rushed from the room but they didn't go far, just outside my door so I couldn't see what was going on I guess, and when my ex-husband went racing after them he found four Dr's working on this tiny lifeless body trying to resucitate him. He spent 3 days in Special Care Nursery while they thoroughly checked him over for undetected problems but they found nothing wrong apart from his cleft. I have also wondered if his birth and oxygen depravation had anything to do with his Asperger.

redplanet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2009, 7:04 am

AnnePande wrote:
redplanet wrote:
My son is severely autistic and I had a terrible time giving birth to him - I nearly died of a PPH.

But your profile says you are male?! :?

Lol sorry about that, must've done it wrong when I joined! I'm definitely female 8)

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2009, 1:20 pm

pensieve wrote:
I had Hemolytic disease while I was in the womb and had to be given a blood transfusion. All my other siblings had this problem, but because I was my mum's fifth pregnancy it was much more serious. The doctors told my mum that I would have died and she should have to have an abortion. I'm her miracle baby.

The doctor told my mum whilst she was in labour that both me and my twin brother were almost certainly going to die, so she spent a long night in hospital crying as a result. The doctor ended up getting a warning for being so blunt and rather incorrect.

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2009, 2:45 pm

Bataar wrote:
StewartMango wrote:
I came out nicely and then I pooped in the doctors hand.

ROTFLMAO

Yeah and the doctor said it was good luck!
Also apparently to watch your child's birth you have to got to birthing classes and my father never did so he had to lie to the doctor to see my birth!
How stupid is that?

www.stewartmango.com

alba
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 3:13 pm

My mother almost died in childbirth with me, and has never forgiven my so-called sin. She thinks a newborn infant tried to kill her and so she is perfectly justified in tormenting and/or ensuring my demise. I left home at 18 not a day too soon. Bettleheim's idea of refrigerator mothers has theoretically been disproven, but it appears valid in my case. Mine is either a 'refrigerator mother' or a monster. I believe her emotional abuse played a significant role in creating or worsening my AS.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 5:10 pm

kaitlyn_loves_music wrote:
i was coming feet first i guess you cant come out that way so they did a c-section on my mom.

This was how it happened for me, too. Don´t know if that counts as trauma. According to my Mom though, I started screaming angrily even before I was all the way out- I was furious for being brought out into the world, my face was red with anger. Does that count as a difficult birth? It seemed to have been traumatic for me, I don´t like sudden unexpected changes. :lol:

pennypincher
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 May 2009, 5:17 pm

My brother is severely autistic, and my mom did not have a difficult birth with him.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 6:08 am

redplanet wrote:
AnnePande wrote:
redplanet wrote:
My son is severely autistic and I had a terrible time giving birth to him - I nearly died of a PPH.

But your profile says you are male?! :?

Lol sorry about that, must've done it wrong when I joined! I'm definitely female 8)

Haha that's okay, errors happen. I just couldn't help wondering a bit. :wink:

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 6:47 am

I was fast, easy, in perfect health.

mistunderstood
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 May 2009, 2:46 pm

My brain was squished by forceps when I was born and my mom was told I might be severely brain damaged.

LosFrida
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2009, 9:42 pm

I was born 3 months premature. My mom had toxemia and if I hadn't been delivred (c section) we both would have died. I spent a year in the neo natal intnesive care ward and was sent home with a portable oxygen tank.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 4:50 pm

I was late, was induced, and then the cord was around my neck. I was supposed to be born in a maternity home, but my mother had to be moved to a hospital for them to find out what was wrong because I was taking so long; the doctor there found out that every time I moved forward, the cord was pulling me back again.

Also while my mother was pregnant with me, she tripped one day and fell, and I was quite still for a little while afterwards.

Niamh
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2010, 2:00 pm

I turned to "an 11 o'clock angle" as my mother puts it and had to be delivered by C-section. I don't know whether it has anything to do with autism but it is a huge shock to the baby's system. First there's the mother's stress at having found out there's something wrong, then there's the drugs pumped into her which in turn get into the baby's system, then there's the operation itself during which the baby is taken from the warmth and comfort of the womb instantly to the cold open air without the gradual transition that a normal birth provides. As well as all that, the skull, which is made up of a number of bones, is supposed to be molded together by the birth canal while the baby is being pushed out, but in the case of a C-section, the skull doesn't get that kind of molding. I'm not sure what the standard intervention is for that or whether that has anything to do with autism either, but it's a part of C-section birth anyways. Apart from the C-section birth, I was a healthy baby. I developed recurring outer ear infections a few years ago which is supposedly common with people who have autism, but luckily it's never spread to my middle or inner ear and I hope it never does!