Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

M_p_furo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2009, 11:09 am

Callista wrote:
I wouldn't use that term, if I were a psychologist. It sounds like it's some kind of a permanent thing. I'd probably use something like, "lack of resilience; deficient coping skills," because that's exactly what it is--you are encountering/have encountered situations you don't have the emotional/cognitive equipment to deal with; and because such skills can be learned, it most certainly is not a permanent condition.

I would have to agree. I found a book online that gave the interpretations for the various codes and it contained equally poor language, so I didn't post it. One of the codes described a person a "whiny". I guess it can be argued, but I believe that when you describe a person's personality traits, it's best to describe them with more objective terms.

But then again, I'm not a clinical psychologist. :lol:

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 10:23 pm

I see my therapist on monday and I'm hoping she has some interpretive guides to help me out.

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 7:27 pm

I'm vary encouraged after seeing my therapist. she doesn't know the welsh codes because she doesn't work with the MMPI-2 but she said I'm not a hypochondriac and my frailty has decreased and my self-awareness has increased significantly over the past year. she's not surprised the scales are elevated, though, because of my history as a domestic and cult abuse victim.

so I feel OK :)