Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 3:39 pm

Would anyone like to discuss their experiences at Disney World? Like what to see and what not to see. Also, did anyone order a grocery delivery and how did it pan out? I heard there are two online grocers that deliver to hotels. They are Green Grocer and Goodings. How were your experiences with them? I'm trying to go but I'm trying to go within my economic means which is "budget", "dollar store" and "K mart". But I want to goooooo.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 May 2009, 10:14 am

WDW can be done on a budget. I know there are some good books about doing WDW on a budget. We went to WDW in 2006 and stayed at the Port Orleans and got a package deal through AAA. In 1986 we stayed outside of WDW at a Days Inn. I think they have motels to meet most budgets.

Let me tell you something. When I was a child, me and my family first went to WDW in 1973. We stayed at the Contemporary Resort (one of the most expensive hotels). It was either $29.95 or $39.95 a night. We went back in 1975 and 1978. In 1978 it cost $79.95 a night at the Contemporary. I wish that were the case today.

Check with a travel agency and see what kinds of deals they have. In 2006 we did the plan that included the room, theme park admission, and food plan. It was reasonable for the amount we got.