Page 9 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 5:22 pm

timeisdead wrote:
If you are 90% neurotypical, I wouldn't consider that to be an aspie.

I agree.

Medical diagnoses are made for people with impairments and/or for those that deviate from the norm noticeably or significantly past as much as present.

I expect that everyone else who says they need a diagnosis have issues with themselves. There's no reason for these people without a disorder to be medically diagnosed and put into a category.

If they want diagnoses and be categorised nevertheless, I wonder if it is to define themselves, form an identity and stuff because they cannot do this themselves?

That's why I don't know why Zoonic is going on about how others supposedly define themselves by AS?

So far I gathered that he wants a diagnosis of a PDD, to have himself categorised accurately for the world to know and to be sure of his personality and identity despite that he says that he does not have AS and accuses others of needing a diagnosis to define their identity.

Confusing?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 5:39 pm

Zoonic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Zoonic, why not just say you are an NT?

Because I'm weird and have a few clear aspie traits? Even though I have most NT traits I still, like Marshal explained, get bored from most normal friends.Nothing is good enough for me.

In a way, it's also convenient to blame my current life situation where I've given up on school etc on AS; but tbh I think I'm just plain lazy and totally self obsessed. All I want is nice things and various forms of pleasure. Despite being spiritual I am rather decadent and I never even saw why it was necessary to adapt to a normal life, I always had these grandiose dreams and visions of myself being a prince with birthrights. It doesn't match reality of course but I still live by my vision as far as possible, I have different needs.

I think I should just scrap the AS thing all along and start identifying as decadent lowlife instead. People aren't really my problem, structure is. Society, social expectations. Not people or basic interaction. Asperger might be a way of trying to excuse my existential problems. I got the diagnosis as a 12 year old and even though I doubted it and fought it all my life, a few years ago I started to feel it would be convenient to blame my situation on it. If people here I have AS diagnosed they will also assume my AS is what keeps me passive and existentially depressed so I figured why even try to fight it? I could use it instead to make my life easier.

Maybe you are NT with depression or have a certain temperment. I think my temperment is to blame for some of my predicament, along with AS. I have what you could describe as a "slavic temperment".

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 5:44 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
But the thing is, an NT can be weird and have a few Aspie traits and still be an NT.

That's true. I know 100% that if it hadn't been for my extremely violent outbursts and rampages (read the adult section, I made a thread there a few days ago) I would never have been put in contact with the child psychiatry. I would have been a weird kid, nothing more. Most aspies don't attack people physically and destroy everything around them, while screaming for hours.

bookwormde
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2009, 6:11 pm

I am always amused by the all or nothing mentality of AS vs NT. There are a large number of genes involved and the number that have none or all is probably relatively small.

Zoonic is going through a personal battle of self-awareness, we all do this along our journey to a fuller understanding of the Autism spectrum and genetics. He will learn that “more or less” or “better or worse” only have meaning if you view Autism genetics as a negative. Being diagnosed relatively late in childhood makes this journey more “difficult”. Talking it out is very valuable so I commend him for this and as he lets go of his anger and embraces the gifts that he and all others on the spectrum have been given and learns to make the choices as to what portions of the NT world he will choose to embrace rather than clinging to that need to be mainly NT which is engrained in so many AS children during childhood he will find the relaxing comfort of being an aspie. So do not be so harsh on him we all have or will be where he is now.

bookwormde

Last edited by bookwormde on 21 May 2009, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 6:14 pm

bookwormde wrote:
I am always amused by the all or nothing mentality of AS vs NT. There are a large number of genes involved and the number that have non or all is probably relatively small.

Zoonic is going through a personal battle of self-awareness, we all do this along our journey to a fuller understanding of the Autism spectrum and genetics. He will learn that “more or less” or “better or worse” only have meaning if you view Autism genetics as a negative. Being diagnosed relatively late in childhood makes this journey more “difficult”. Talking it out is very valuable so I commend him for this and as he lets go of his anger and embraces the gifts that he and all others on the spectrum have been given and learns to make the choices as to what portions of the NT world he will choose to embrace rather than clinging to that need to be mainly NT which is engrained in so many AS children during childhood he will find the relaxing comfort of being an aspie. So do not be so harsh on him we all have or will be where he is now.

bookwormde

Aspies disgust me, I don't want to be like them. I wanted to kill every aspie I met in real life. I felt they were inferior and I intuitively hated them.

I just want to be myself without ever having been diagnosed. I was diagnosed at 12 and it didn't help me in any way.

If I'm ever in a position to do so, I'm going to commit genocide on people who are on the spectrum.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 6:16 pm

Well, I never attacked people physically but I often cried for hours in the evening (not screaming but crying and carrying on). More often than not I was thought of by others as a coward type who was afraid and worried about everything. I was sorta timid. People have noticed I haven't much confidence. A lot of the problems I have they think I can easily control and I am using excuses but it isn't true. When I don't want to be somewhere there's little I can do to go. Maybe with supportive people it would be easier but I haven't had many of those in my life. That was while I was living with my mom but once we stopped living together everything improved substantially. No more crying.

I don't spend that much time in the adult section of WP so I haven't seen your post there.

Maybe you just get stressed out too and have to identify the sources and try to minimalize your exposure to them?

bookwormde
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2009, 6:18 pm

Yes the anger will pass once you realize what a gift you have been given despite tha challenges it has and will continue to give you.

bookwormde

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 6:21 pm

bookwormde wrote:
Yes the anger will pass once you realize what a gift you have been given despite tha challenges it has and will continue to give you.

bookwormde

No the anger will never pass since I felt the diagnosis was wrong and I couldn't identify with most of the criteria, ever since I was diagnosed.

I had this anger for 13 years and I will keep being angry about it until the day I die.

Last edited by Zoonic on 22 May 2009, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 6:41 pm

Zoonic wrote:
Are everyone here exactly the same? Sure there's the stereotype aspie collective which only rants on and on in "is this aspie behaviour" thread number 9875678, who believe even someone with only light AS tendencies who's very high on the spectrum will always be more aspie than NT. These people, the vast masses of brain washed aspies without any theory of mind, are indeed worthless in any form of constructive discussion since they are only here to assimilate and promote clinical stereotypes.

However, there's also a minority of aspies who are at the very top of the spectrum, who can give me some sort of constructive input.

Needing to belong to a collective identity and trying to recruit other people into the said identity has nothing to do with AS or "theory of mind". 99% of NT's behave the exact same way. I'll bet if you went to a support site for hemorrhoids every one would be wanting to believe that your hemorrhoids were just as painful as theirs even though you only claim to have mild hemorrhoids that itch slightly but don't cause you serious pain. They want to see people that identify with their pain. :P

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 6:59 pm

Zoonic wrote:
I just want to be myself without ever having been diagnosed. I was diagnosed at 12 and it didn't help me in any way.

Perhaps the correct title for this thread should be "Are strange NT misdiagnosed as Aspergers?".

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 7:36 pm

Last edited by marshall on 21 May 2009, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 8:36 pm

Zoonic wrote:
kittenmeow wrote:
How exactly are you being forced to assimilate to aspies?

Aspie "community" in general does not acknowledge the existence of aspies who are closer related to NT's than to autists. This makes me unable to even talk about my aspie traits in a constructive way.

Has someone here given you that impression? I probably fall closer to NT than most, yet I have never had that feeling here.

Katie_WPG
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2009, 9:21 pm

I think that Zoonic needs to understand something...

When someone is a chronic welfare recipient...not a lot can save you, in society's eyes.

Does the average person care about how attractive the welfare recipient is?

Does the average person care if the welfare recipient has an IQ of 80 vs. 180?

Does the average person care if the welfare recipient has a boatload of friends vs no friends?

No.

As soon as you're on long-term welfare and have no intention of getting off of it, then you're only one step above a street junkie. It really doesn't matter what you look like, or how nice your wardrobe is. To 95% of society, you're no different than the "droolers". The rest that don't have any problems with receiving welfare tend to be the lesser of NTs, who will accept any money that will get them their next alcohol/drug fix.

Sure, people are more likely to approach you; but as soon as they find out how you paid for those clothing, do you really expect any other answer than "Uh, sorry. I mistook you for someone with a life. Bye".

Even though Sweden is more tolerant of welfare than other nations, it still doesn't change the fact that welfare recipients are patronized and dismissed by the larger society.

If you can't work and can't live independantly, as far as the average person is concerned, you're "low-functioning".

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 10:00 pm

Average people are completely uninteresting. They are usually ugly as s**t, live boring monotone lives, have huge loans and are just in every way... Average.

Even if I win millions, I will continue taking out sick-pay benefits, which I'm still entitled to, just to spite the average lower middle-class garbage of society.

It's also a fact that people can't dismiss me. I'm a very forceful and dominant person who can just intimidate those who would dare to even think negatively about me. I use my superior charisma and overwordly image to make normal people feel insecure. The only way they can stand up to me is by withdrawing and group-comforting each other. No one has ever been able to tell me that I'm "rude" without suffering dire consequences.

My own relatives are a little better off than the average middle-class, and they don't judge me. Actually I met a lot of people who didn't mind. The only people who do seem to mind that I'm on welfare are the 9-5 workers who wear the same shoes everyday and have 4 weeks vacation each year, and I couldn't care less for these people.

I have never met a lower middle-class person with anything I would count as a "life". They have ugly faces, ugly bodies, ugly clothes, boring work, ugly families and are everything I would NEVER want to be. If I can't be an economically independent oligark, I'd rather spend welfare money on designer clothes than to be one of those absolutely worthless, pointless average people.

People who are drawn to me and respect me for who I am are interesting and highly intelligent with open minds. The average trash can think what they want, they will never interest me. I'm happy when I hear about terror bombings and disasters happening to average people. I gloat and I feel good when they suffer. I laugh when I hear about middle-class parents whos' kids were killed or drowned on a school expedition. One of my strongest driving forces in life is to see the average, ugly, mediocre person hurt and destroyed.

If I do win millions, I will, aside from taking out more government money, use some of my fortune to damage and provoce normal society by sponsoring hated organizations. I will also keep a blog where I urinate on the lower middle-classes and have satirical images depicting their ugliness. I will also make insulting comments about victims of disasters and terrorism.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 10:17 pm

I realize it might be impossible but for a while I've been dreaming about how cool it would be if someone could have a career consistently betting on stakes races at race tracks (parimutual betting) and winning. If I could figure out the secret I would do it!! It sounds like the perfect career for me. I wonder if there's some kind of way to win most of the time? If I could find that way I would travel around and bet on horse races at various race tracks.

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 10:58 pm

Quote:
My own relatives are a little better off than the average middle-class, and they don't judge me. Actually I met a lot of people who didn't mind. The only people who do seem to mind that I'm on welfare are the 9-5 workers who wear the same shoes everyday and have 4 weeks vacation each year, and I couldn't care less for these people.

The people who mind are those who don't want their tax dollars used to take care of leeches like yourself.