Do you get adrenal overload from sudden noises?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 7:08 pm

^ I do, I actually feel it hit the blood, and I involuntarily jerk or twitch. It makes me really angry for a few seconds, like I want to attack whatever it was that made the noise...

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 7:49 pm

Depends on what you mean, I do have an involuntary eye-twitch when I hear a sudden, loud noise and become uneasy, if that's what you were asking.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 7:54 pm

Do you also get an adrenaline rush?

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 7:58 pm

I jump, my heart races and am in near panic for a few minutes.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 8:02 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Do you also get an adrenaline rush?

I'm unsure exactly what that entails. My heart does start to pump faster and I frantically look for the source of the noise, not sure if that's what it is.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 8:23 pm

I get startled, yelp, get disoriented, and my heart will race. So yes. I hate sudden loud noises.

subliculous
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 May 2009, 8:36 pm

you know that feeling when you snap a rubber band against your skin? i get that, only over the entire surface of my skin.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 8:55 pm

Doesn't everyone? XD XD Isn't that exactly what adrenaline does?

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 8:58 pm

when i hear a sudeen noise my head instinctive;ly goes down and my hands up over my ears also i find my self stamping my feet and swaying a little front and back

Last edited by Ravenclawgurl on 21 May 2009, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

FrogGirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2009, 10:13 pm

Yes I do, but I also get that way when I am in a crowed somewhere and my anxiety is rising. the adrenalin starts running and I get that feeling like I need to get out of there right now.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 May 2009, 10:16 pm

To me, adrenaline overload is when I am sound asleep, and someone knocks loudly on my front door. I startle pretty badly, jump out of bed in a panic, and get dizzy. Even an hour after the startled moment is over, my heart rate remains up, and my mind races. Usually means my sleep is ruined.

solinoure
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 May 2009, 11:14 pm

They other day I was at a restaurant and at the table next to us, someone spilled a beer on the table and some of it spilled on a girl at the table. She shrieked like she was being stabbed! My adrenalin spiked! I was sooo mad at that over dramatic attention whore! I mean, what the hell would she do if she WAS actually being stabbed? It really upset me - people should only make that sort of noise if they are in real trouble...

JameAlec
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2009, 12:27 pm

Depending on how loud the sound was and how unexpected it was, I could get an adrenaline rush. Usually I just jump out of my skin... even if I knew the noise was going to happen. That happened twice in class yesterday, once with a pencil snapping right next to me and again with a calculator being dropped (not even to the floor, just a few inches) in front of me.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 5:05 pm

Quote:
They other day I was at a restaurant and at the table next to us, someone spilled a beer on the table and some of it spilled on a girl at the table. She shrieked like she was being stabbed! My adrenalin spiked! I was sooo mad at that over dramatic attention whore! I mean, what the hell would she do if she WAS actually being stabbed? It really upset me - people should only make that sort of noise if they are in real trouble...

I sometimes react like that, only it's not a shriek, more of a low snarling noise...I don't mean to, I just startle easily...

Quote:
Doesn't everyone? XD XD Isn't that exactly what adrenaline does?

I don't get an all over jerk of the skin. I do get a weird feeling like an electric current that starts around my lower spine, and radiates outwards...

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 8:02 pm

I flinch when I hear sudden noises. Even the phone ringing often causes it. I think it is most likely to occur when I am deep in thought. I usually AM deep in thought- so it often happens.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 10:28 pm

Yeah! It feels like they're penetrating through my body... sometimes I sit in a coffee shop and study, and then there's a sudden noise and I unvoluntarily look around and flinch. The people around me exhibit no reaction whatsoever. How can they do that???