Is it odd I'm attracted to Girls with glasses?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 10:17 pm

My all who are NTs say its weird geeky girl fetish is it that odd?

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 10:18 pm

No i'm the same way...

darkfire627
Raven
Raven

20 May 2009, 10:31 pm

I prefer a guy with glasses any day. I think it's a pretty common thing.

normally_impaired
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2009, 10:36 pm

I prefer a girl with glasses, not just because I wear glasses, but also for two reasons. One reason being that it appears more intellectual to me, but the main reason being that it means that said woman is comfortable with who she is and doesn't feel the need to wear contacts or get lazik for the sake of looking normal to others.

I would far rather hook up with someone who is comfortable with the way they naturally look than someone who is in constant fear that someone won't think they look perfect.

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 11:19 pm

I have a thing for glasses as well, i think they say a lot about someones personality.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 12:10 am

I find glasses to be very attractive, on the right woman. :wink:

Those who know, don't speak.

Parsaw
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 May 2009, 1:56 am

Yeah dude. I think girls my age are hella pretty with glasses generally.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 2:14 am

Well if you like women who wear glasses then that is up to you.

You might need to ask yourself the question, how important are the glasses ? I would suggest that you should think for a moment, what if your new gf had laser eye treatment and then stopped wearing her glasses would you still find her attractive.

I think that if you like glasses then that is OK, but if glasses become such an important thing that it rules out a large number of women (contact lens users and those with good uncorrected vision) then it might be a harmful thing which could limit your chances of getting the glittering prize of a loving relationship with a nice young lady.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 4:37 am

I like girls with glasses as well.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 4:53 am

since you asked, yes lol you odd-bod you!
glasses are of little to no significance, like NTs

audioeyes
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2009, 6:46 am

I imagine that your NT friends say that because they don't understand why you might be attracted to someone other than the generic form of "beautiful" girl.

I have realised lately that I like "geeky" guys, and bigger guys.

So what if it is weird? Who cares? You do not have to explain yourself to your friends. It's your business :)

Besides, "weird" is only a phrase used by people who cannot quite get their heads around other people's ways of life. So technically... everyone and everything that exists is weird.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 8:21 am

I've actually heard a lot of this coming from NTs as well as aspie guys.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 8:56 am

I used to be somewhat attracted to men with a "wall-eye"...I had no idea why until I was told that I was rescued by a firefighter who had a wall-eye when I was four years old. I guess I felt at ease with wall-eyes thinking they could rescue me from from chronic anxiety.
Did your mom or any of your "more pleasant" childhood caretakers wear glasses?

Wall-eye is when one eye (iris and pupil part) are slightly turned toward the side of the head as opposed to a crossed-eye where it is turned toward the nose...like the lead-singer of "Men At Work".

You'd be amazed at what comes out of your early childhood....especially the stuff you "don't" remember or the stuff you block out.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 8:59 am

A ot of people NEED glasses but are too vain to wear them. A LOT can be said of people who are not vain...you can find true love in those who lack vanity...but of course, they have to love you right back as well.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 9:41 am

About 90% of the male population around this joint love women who wear glasses. :lol:

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 9:57 am

Woodpecker wrote:
I think that if you like glasses then that is OK, but if glasses become such an important thing that it rules out a large number of women (contact lens users and those with good uncorrected vision) then it might be a harmful thing which could limit your chances of getting the glittering prize of a loving relationship with a nice young lady.

That's a big thing too... I'm practically the only person in my family with good vision (at least for now... the way I use computers my eyes will rot by the time im 40)...

RightGalaxy wrote:
A ot of people NEED glasses but are too vain to wear them. A LOT can be said of people who are not vain...you can find true love in those who lack vanity...but of course, they have to love you right back as well.

That may be it... Cosmopolitan tends to look down on glasses, so women that wear glasses don't ascribe to their ways (especially since contacts and lasik are available), making them less likely to be vain people... Not saying that everyone who has lasik or contacts is vain, but there's a chance there...

RightGalaxy wrote:
You'd be amazed at what comes out of your early childhood....especially the stuff you "don't" remember or the stuff you block out.

In my case, I grew up in a family of glasses... only my brother and I didn't have them... I saw glasses as a sign of maturity back then... completely ridiculous, I know, but it stuck in the bottom of my mind...

CelticGoddess wrote:
About 90% of the male population around this joint love women who wear glasses.

So that explains the obsession that some nerdy guys have with Tina Fey... I guess it's a good thing my "not being attracted to celebrities that I don't know personally" trumps being "attracted to glasses"...