Is it odd I'm attracted to Girls with glasses?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 9:57 am

Woodpecker wrote:
I think that if you like glasses then that is OK, but if glasses become such an important thing that it rules out a large number of women (contact lens users and those with good uncorrected vision) then it might be a harmful thing which could limit your chances of getting the glittering prize of a loving relationship with a nice young lady.

That's a big thing too... I'm practically the only person in my family with good vision (at least for now... the way I use computers my eyes will rot by the time im 40)...

RightGalaxy wrote:
A ot of people NEED glasses but are too vain to wear them. A LOT can be said of people who are not vain...you can find true love in those who lack vanity...but of course, they have to love you right back as well.

That may be it... Cosmopolitan tends to look down on glasses, so women that wear glasses don't ascribe to their ways (especially since contacts and lasik are available), making them less likely to be vain people... Not saying that everyone who has lasik or contacts is vain, but there's a chance there...

RightGalaxy wrote:
You'd be amazed at what comes out of your early childhood....especially the stuff you "don't" remember or the stuff you block out.

In my case, I grew up in a family of glasses... only my brother and I didn't have them... I saw glasses as a sign of maturity back then... completely ridiculous, I know, but it stuck in the bottom of my mind...

CelticGoddess wrote:
About 90% of the male population around this joint love women who wear glasses.

So that explains the obsession that some nerdy guys have with Tina Fey... I guess it's a good thing my "not being attracted to celebrities that I don't know personally" trumps being "attracted to glasses"...

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 10:01 am

I like glasses. If there's a girl behind them as well, that's a plus! :lol:

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 10:02 am

^ :lol:

Sicklee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2009, 2:29 pm

I've got a thing for girls in glasses. Makes them look intelligent - I'm no brainbox, but dumb girls are a turn off. It might also be the 'secretary taking them off and letting their hair down' fantasy as well.

What ever seems like a disadvantage for a man - sign of weakness or looking awkward and geeky - I find incredibly attractive in a woman. I suppose it's all down to gender roles.

Slipperman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2009, 3:52 pm

I don't think it's odd at all...a cute girl who wears glasses, is still a cute girl IMO; I don't find glasses a turn-off at all, in fact they're a turn-on in a geeky/intellectual-fetish sorta way :lol:

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 4:29 pm

Not at all, I find glasses on girls rather appealing myself.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 4:38 pm

It's not odd at all, actually it's quite common. And the stereotypes that are associated with glasses might be appealing to men who feel like they can identify with such stereotypes.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 9:05 am

See that damned Cosmo mag...and the media in general are pushing LASIK. It's a thing of the future and a BIG moneymaker. Magazines, fashion, the media...the all stick together and scratch each other's back in ther effort to rake in the dough! The same thing with cosmetic dentistry. Some dentist in France paid a woping sum to advertise in a woman's magazine. He's agonna get rich!
People's vanity and addictions will make you rich because they are undying...diet doctors, skin doctors, plastic surgeons, eye surgeons, etc... you name it! Even me, I too lined the pockets of a diet doctor. He ran a rinky-dinky office out of Jersey City but lived in a mansion!! I accidently (on purpose) found his home address lying on a table. So, I took a drive. I actually cried when I compared his dwelling to my little mud hut. I never went back and lost the fat on my own but strictly by increased activity and exercise...not the food. My diet changed VERY little. Only the portions are "slighty" reduced. I REFUSE to make some practitioner rich because of my own vanity...it's wrong in every way!

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 9:37 am

personally have no preference or think diffeently between women with or without classes, contacts, or lasik. I say if you have the money to spend to get lasik done, its your choice not mine, so i have no reason to worry about it.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 4:53 pm

I don't think it's weird, I've been attracted to girls with glasses in the past. I even wear glasses myself.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 5:10 pm

About this four-eyes equates to smarts thing. I think the association people have concerning glasses and intellectualism is a bit odd and pretty flawed. There's some obscure evidence supporting the connection between myopia and high IQ / higher education, but there are plenty of dull bespectacled people out there, just as there are plenty of cerebral types with perfect vision.

But anyway, I'll still admit I'm a sucker for guys in glasses. Plus points if they're thicker than mine. :nerdy:

If someone can have a liking for piercings, tattoos or certain accessories, the why not specs?
... A hearing aid fetish - Now that would be strange. :P

And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.

Sicklee

22 May 2009, 5:51 pm

Dumb people don't wear glasses not because their eyes are in some way superior, but because the badly-sighted ones don't acknowledge their problem as letters and words have always seemed blurry and confusing to them.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 9:25 pm

nothingunusual wrote:
About this four-eyes equates to smarts thing. I think the association people have concerning glasses and intellectualism is a bit odd and pretty flawed. There's some obscure evidence supporting the connection between myopia and high IQ / higher education, but there are plenty of dull bespectacled people out there, just as there are plenty of cerebral types with perfect vision.

But anyway, I'll still admit I'm a sucker for guys in glasses. Plus points if they're thicker than mine. :nerdy:

If someone can have a liking for piercings, tattoos or certain accessories, the why not specs?
... A hearing aid fetish - Now that would be strange. :P

reminds me of my high school days its like instinct if I saw a girl I liked me and her would eventually trade glasses and check each other out my friends jokily called it the geek's matting "dance" but I'm geek and proud

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 9:30 pm

nothingunusual wrote:
There's some obscure evidence supporting the connection between myopia and high IQ / higher education,

Is there actually? It'd be interesting if you can cite that :chin:

...anyways, glasses can be attractive. The aesthetic properties I'm not sure about precisely; on some faces, they make the face look slimmer and the eyes somewhat further apart. That therefore they might simply alter the perception of the structure of the face in a positive way seems plausible to me.