Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

robbokris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2009, 6:00 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
billsmithglendale wrote:
Depends how you handle it. You can definitely have two GF's at once, I've done it twice now.

Doesn't that kind of interfere with the whole reason for having a girlfriend?

That's also blatant two-timing and you're cheating on both of them. That's wrong IMO.

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2009, 7:17 pm

The most important thing there is don't get caught. Getting caught is bad for the game. It can be bad for the player too!
:lol:

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 3:18 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
So how many of you guys have had a near-miss or two in life? I'm talking about the times where a relationship could have actually happened, but didn't for whatever reason...

*chuckles*

Story of my life.........

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 11:00 pm

An update: It turns out this sob story has a part 2...

Last saturday, the woman I mentioned, out of nowhere, friended me on facebook... Remembering what I posted here about letting opportunities slip through my fingers, I forced myself to try and do something, anything, with her, and I ended up having lunch today... It was just that, lunch with a friend i haven't seen in a while...

I wish it could be something more, though... I've found out in today's experience that our personalities are even more alike than I thought... she's really someone I can truly be myself around without creeping her out, a quality I haven't seen outside my own family... I don't think even eHarmony could match that... Unfortunately, it seems that, especially owing to my past screwups (or, rather, failure to actually make a move), i've been friendzoned... I wouldn't mind just being friends, but I still wish it were something more...

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2009, 12:03 am

When I'm interested in someone, I look at it this way: If I don't speak up, I may spend my whole life wondering what could have happened.

Of course, my theory has caused for some serious awkwardness when the feeling's not mutual... but hey, at least I can say I tried. I'd rather deal with embarrassment and whatnot than regret not having the guts to speak up.

It hasn't made things awkward in every case, more than not the person of interest hasn't even brought it up again, and we've continued the friendship.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 12:44 am

I've actually had several opportunities, maybe even more, if I was paying attention. The problem is, I doubt myself alot, or realize that they probably aren't right for me, so I let them pass me by.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 12:54 am

I had one earlier today (well yesterday technically).

There was a girl that I once had a crush on at my niece's graduation. I had worked up the nerve to talk to her and ask for her number. However, after the ceremony was over, I never found her.

This is even more frustrating than all the other near misses I've had and all those other times was because I was too scared to ask. :x

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 1:41 am

I've had several near-misses, starting in high school. The only good thing with adulthood is that the women I asked out didn't reply by laughing. :cry:

I'll share one story that was a "Doh!" moment...

I attended a concert. After the concert I waited in the lobby a bit before heading home. While I was standing there, minding my own business, a very attractive woman walked up to me and started talking to me, and periodically touching my forearm while she did so. She was, um, inebriated. She said she was from out-of-town and was looking for some clubs where she could party with her friends (who were also attractive). How did Mr. Suave respond? I told her there were clubs in the nearby downtown area, what I'd heard about them, and gave her some directions (I knew of them because they advertised constantly on the radio and they were on my way to the downtown bus stop I used at the time). :ncool: So, she left with her friends. I ruminated about that encounter because it's quite rare for a stranger to strike up a conversation with me out of the blue. The best part was when I told my friend about it.

Me: Do you think she was trying to pick me up?
My Friend: Of course she was trying to pick you up! What were you thinking?!?!

And I wonder why I'm alone... :wall: