Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AquaticArtemis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2009, 11:41 am

This diagnosis is new to me, and I'm scared that I will forever be lonely. Though, I know I have As, it doesn;t make me feel any better.

Oh, hello, I am new.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 11:51 am

Feel good in the fact that you are among your own kind, now. Welcome to the Wrong Planet.

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 12:11 pm

i was just recently diagnosed a few weeks ago. i just learned about the condition a few weeks before that. it's new and it's not, to me.

i mean, i've always known i was different. i've always known i didn't interact in the typical fashion. i've always known that i don't talk like everyone else. i've always known that i have different interests than most people i know. i realized in middle school that tolerance, in most facets of life, is a myth. seeing the gulf between myself and others has weighed on me heavily. i'm happy about the diagnosis because it puts a lot of things in perspective. it's like an answer to a million questions that have been sitting on the backburner for years. i like wrongplanet because i get to see other people whose thought processes actually make sense to me.

understanding better what makes me different has made my life immensely easier for the last few weeks.

i feel like my brain is going through a realignment. like i'm reorganizing my music by artist when it was sorted by album before.

as far as loneliness goes, you can't have everything in life, but with the sheer number of people on this planet there are positive synergistic relationship opportunities available for everyone. you just have to find out where.

AquaticArtemis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2009, 12:17 pm

Wow....people are actually talking to me and respecting me. Never had that feeling in a long time!

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 1:11 pm

AquaticArtemis

Hello and the warmest and a true honest Welcome To You from Me. I see you are deeply uncertain and probably burned out of (bad) experiences.
I just want you to know that many of us here had or have hard time in our lives. I was quite scared too when I entered this forum not too long time ago.

But believe me, you are somebody with as great value as anybody else. But you need to be told this from time to time to believe it for real. You are not alone, at least not here.
We are many who support each other here in diffrent ways. You are one of us now and its not bad!

The diagnosis is new to you and you have just about started the long aftermath process. You have to come to term with whats You in it and by time I hope you can see your good sides and your strenghts.
All of us have good sides in us, even if our lives is filled with difficulties!

Dianitapilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2009, 2:11 pm

Welcome!!

Well all loners have a perfect place for them to catch up with other loners. Some do it in a bar, some do it in a wrongplanet forum.

wherever you do it, a loner is always welcome at other loners ;-)

AS diagnose improves already your chances to succeed in anything you do weather it has to do with just life, AS or anything else. Try to find the positive sides and you will realise negative sides are less.

good luck with your journey!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 May 2009, 2:46 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 3:26 pm

Welcome.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 6:03 pm

Welcome :D

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 6:18 pm

Hi there. I'm new too... I'm feeling much better on this site, being able to talk to folks who have some idea what I'm on about, and don't think I'm bonkers.

I only just found out about the syndrome, because my son was diagnosed with it. When I realised what his "problems" were, I realised they were shared by myself and his father... and that I'd had these "symptoms" from childhood.

It may take a bit, but I'm seeing someone... at some stage I might get an official diagnoses. Not sure if it will help or not, but it does help to realise I'm not alone.

Neither are you. Folks will listen to you here, and share their advice, and you'll find your own way through.

WardenWolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 9:10 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet!

Finally understanding yourself is the first step towards a better life.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 9:13 pm

It's a process you have to work though. The confusion is common. Welcome to WP. 8)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2009, 9:43 pm

Welcome greetings to the Wrong Planet, fellow-traveler AquaticArtemis.

UncommonPerspective
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2009, 9:51 pm

I know it's a scary thing, especially when you first find out, but I find that things do have a ways of settling out. The way perhaps isn't what you expect, and sometimes it still doesn't feel like you have things figured out, but you do find a way to get a grip on it. Plus you're surrounded by people who have it and can help you out through it.

AquaticArtemis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2009, 11:10 pm

Its really hard....how do I make things much better for me.....being around people just shuts me down and I don't know how to respond.....

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 10:20 pm

Welcome to WP!