Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2009, 1:11 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090521/ap_ ... y_marriage

Republicans want marriage in Washington DC
to be only between a man and a woman.

After July 2009, the measure automatically becomes law.

Stay tuned people...

JohnnyCarcinogen
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 9:37 am

Just let the gays marry so they pay marriage taxes. They should suffer the same problems, obstacles, arguments and difficulties the rest of the married population does.
Homosexuals don't deserve special treatment - they must be allowed to get married just like everyone else.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2009, 8:24 pm

JohnnyCarcinogen wrote:
Just let the gays marry so they pay marriage taxes. They should suffer the same problems, obstacles, arguments and difficulties the rest of the married population does.
Homosexuals don't deserve special treatment - they must be allowed to get married just like everyone else.

I agree, where children are not involved or an issue.

What is your opinion on the adoption of children by homosexual couples?

ruveyn

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 12:17 am

You'd think after learning how wrong America was at one time when there was such a thing of legal slavery, racism, gender inequality, child labor, and so on...this issue about homosexual couples not allowed to marry or have certain rights would already have been in the past by now..... :?

I still don't understand the big issue people seem to have against those who just happen to be attracted to those of the same gender. I mean are all heterosexual couples that're married, religious or plan to have children?....I don't think so and this issue should've already been seperate from church since not all marriage are done by ordained priests or even in churches these days.

And if that's not a big enough issue for fundemental religionists to worry about, look at the high percentages of divorce rates and single family homes children are living in the U.S...geesh.

GustavHolst
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2009, 2:03 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090521/ap_on_go_co/us_dc_gay_marriage

Stay tuned people...

Hey Oregon Anonymous Anonymous, Washington DC population is largely made up of black people. Why is it you're whining about gay marriage, when african americans in the city are routinely treated like animals? Why is it, Oregon AnonymouyAnonymous, that, black americans are not treated equally?

You the exact same as any liberal in the USA. You use the Minorities to get votes, then when elected into office, you guys don't do nothing.

EDIT: Anonymousanonymous, you don't like blacks, no? I mean honestly, you don't?

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 2:36 am

GustavHolst wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090521/ap_on_go_co/us_dc_gay_marriage

Stay tuned people...

Hey Oregon Anonymous Anonymous, Washington DC population is largely made up of black people. Why is it you're whining about gay marriage, when african americans in the city are routinely treated like animals? Why is it, Oregon AnonymouyAnonymous, that, black americans are not treated equally?

You the exact same as any liberal in the USA. You use the Minorities to get votes, then when elected into office, you guys don't do nothing.

EDIT: Anonymousanonymous, you don't like blacks, no? I mean honestly, you don't?

You are a little touchy huh? Just because someone posts an article about Gays in Washington D.C. doesn't mean they don't like black people. Get a grip :lol:

--Aldous Huxley

JohnnyCarcinogen
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 9:32 am

ruveyn wrote:
JohnnyCarcinogen wrote:

ruveyn

Honestly, we have enough problems with divorced couples, bad parenting, child abuse, child neglect, and outright abandonment to even worry about how homosexuality would even remotely affect a child's development.

If a homosexual couple wants to adopt, and they can pass all of the paperwork, testing and checks that a heterosexual couple goes through, then I have no problem with that adoption.

What I have a problem with is bad parenting, child abuse, child neglect, and outright abandonment. Sexual orientation doesn't play a role in any of those issues.

Oggleleus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2009, 10:05 am

The title of the post uses a controversial word to describe people that may very well have nothing against homosexuals but simply believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. I'm split on this issue. The reason why I am split on this issue is because if the Govt. is to recognize "same sex" marriage as an effort to make marriage fair across the board then the Govt. needs to look at a whole lot of other Govt. recognized institutions and policies that tread on the same civil right protections protecting sexual orientation and make those also fair across the board. And, that is the larger problem I see in the near future.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 1:00 pm

JohnnyCarcinogen wrote:

What I have a problem with is bad parenting, child abuse, child neglect, and outright abandonment. Sexual orientation doesn't play a role in any of those issues.

That sounds sensible to me. The only 100 percent sure fire way of getting rid of bad parenting is to cease making children. But that "solution" is worse than the problem.

ruveyn

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 1:06 pm

ruveyn wrote:
JohnnyCarcinogen wrote:

ruveyn

I think that if my Lesbian aunt's had the desire to adopt me, my life probably would have been a bit easier. However this wouln't have happened due to the fact that when I was a kid, a greater majprity of people than now thought that their simply being gay would have been a corrupting influence, even though I turned out to be a fag myself. I have no issue with gay couples adopting kids.