Back to Blog Directory
posted at 12:43 am on 03-24-2011
posted at 07:52 pm on 11-23-2010
The word blog is a bled of the words Web and Log. The word Log may refer to
a. A usually large section of a trunk or limb of a fallen or felled tree.
b. A long thick section of trimmed, unhewn timber.
a. A device trailed from a ship to determine its speed through the water.
b. A record of a ship's speed, its progress, and any shipboard events of navigational importance.
c. The book in which this record is kept.
3. A record of a vehicle's performance, as the flight record of an aircraft.
4. A record, as of the performance of a machine or the progress of an undertaking: a computer log; a trip log.
a. To cut down, trim, and haul the timber of (a piece of land).
b. To cut (timber) into unhewn sections.
6. To enter in a record, as of a ship or an aircraft.
7. To travel (a specified distance, time, or speed): logged 30,000 air miles in April.
8. To spend or accumulate (time)
9. A logarithm
The word Web may refer to
a. A woven fabric, especially one on a loom or just removed from it.
b. The structural part of cloth.
2. A latticed or woven structure: A web of palm branches formed the roof of the hut.
3. A structure of delicate, threadlike filaments characteristically spun by spiders or certain insect larvae.
4. Something intricately contrived, especially something that ensnares or entangles: caught in a web of lies.
5. A complex, interconnected structure or arrangement: a web of telephone wires.
6. often Web The World Wide Web.
7. A radio or television network.
8. A membrane or fold of skin connecting the toes, as of certain amphibians, birds, and mammals.
9. The barbs on each side of the shaft of a bird's feather; a vane.
10. Baseball A piece of leather or leather mesh that fills the space between the thumb and forefinger of a baseball glove. Also called trap1, webbing.
11. Architecture A space or compartment between the ribs or groins of a vault. Also called cell.
12. A metal sheet or plate connecting the heavier sections, ribs, or flanges of a structural element.
13. A thin metal plate or strip, as the bit of a key or the blade of a saw.
14. A large continuous roll of paper, such as newsprint, either in the process of manufacture or as it is fed into a web press.
So many meaning in just 3 words