WrongPlanet.net
WP Members: > 80,000



Aspie Affection

New Today: 17
New Yesterday: 29

Do any of you have this scent or is it just me???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> Love and Dating     
NMCB3299
Hummingbird
Hummingbird


Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Posts: 22
Location: Worcester, MA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Do any of you have this scent or is it just me??? Reply with quote

Embarassed Seems that I am highly attractive to some Neurotypicals' I have met to the point where they have become obscessed with me. Certainly I am a great conversationalist and have a quirky personality and so forth. The weird part of it is that when I am in physical pain or am very emotionally upset I seem to drive these people into fits of unbridled passion and lust. 99.5% of the time that I have been hit on big time by someone has been when I am upset and in pain. I cannot understand it. I suspect that I must be giving off a scent of pheromones so strong that the opposite sex loses all self control. Certainly I would love to meet that special man, but under different circumstances as pain and upset is truly a mood breaker when it comes to love. I just wonder if I go into heat on a primal animal level when I am in pain or badly upset.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ValentineWiggin
Yup.
Phoenix


Joined: May 16, 2011
Posts: 4921
Location: Beneath my cat's paw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can empathize on a number of different levels- people become enamored with me very quickly, because they see me as a novelty or a fascinating...thing...to study, and then sooner or later they grow tired of dealing with me. Likewise, I recently went through a breakup, my eating disorder has taken a turn for the worse, and for some reason I'm fighting off would-be suitors like there's no tomorrow- I don't know if it's the appeal of being with a small woman, or some visceral, unconscious, reaction to someone who's weak, but it's bizarre. Shocked
_________________
"Such is the Frailty
of the human Heart, that very few Men, who have no Property, have any Judgment of their own.
They talk and vote as they are directed by Some Man of Property, who has attached their Minds
to his Interest."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mindslave
Jackass of all trades
Phoenix


Joined: Nov 15, 2010
Age: 25
Posts: 2019
Location: Where the wild things wish they were

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValentineWiggin wrote:
I can empathize on a number of different levels- people become enamored with me very quickly, because they see me as a novelty or a fascinating...thing...to study, and then sooner or later they grow tired of dealing with me. Likewise, I recently went through a breakup, my eating disorder has taken a turn for the worse, and for some reason I'm fighting off would-be suitors like there's no tomorrow- I don't know if it's the appeal of being with a small woman, or some visceral, unconscious, reaction to someone who's weak, but it's bizarre. Shocked


That is a rescue complex. A guy like that sees a pretty girl who is small in frame, appears to be sad, and all of a sudden he feels like an important person, like he now has a purpose in life. "Oh, she needs someone to listen to her, a shoulder to cry on, well I'm here!" The point is that eventually you will recognize that he was there when you "needed" him, and that to some strange extent you will feel something for him, because if you don't then you are a horrible person for "using" him.

I know this because I used to do this, and it changed when I realized what I was doing. At the time, I didn't know how to take other people's feelings into consideration. I wanted to, but I didn't know how because I couldn't read their body language, and because my need for affirmation was too great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trigas
A bit crazy
Phoenix


Joined: Jul 14, 2011
Age: 21
Posts: 4143

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindslave wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
I can empathize on a number of different levels- people become enamored with me very quickly, because they see me as a novelty or a fascinating...thing...to study, and then sooner or later they grow tired of dealing with me. Likewise, I recently went through a breakup, my eating disorder has taken a turn for the worse, and for some reason I'm fighting off would-be suitors like there's no tomorrow- I don't know if it's the appeal of being with a small woman, or some visceral, unconscious, reaction to someone who's weak, but it's bizarre. Shocked


That is a rescue complex. A guy like that sees a pretty girl who is small in frame, appears to be sad, and all of a sudden he feels like an important person, like he now has a purpose in life. "Oh, she needs someone to listen to her, a shoulder to cry on, well I'm here!" The point is that eventually you will recognize that he was there when you "needed" him, and that to some strange extent you will feel something for him, because if you don't then you are a horrible person for "using" him.

I know this because I used to do this, and it changed when I realized what I was doing. At the time, I didn't know how to take other people's feelings into consideration. I wanted to, but I didn't know how because I couldn't read their body language, and because my need for affirmation was too great.


Yea everyone wants to be Captain Saveaho in those situations... Rolling Eyes
_________________
All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NarcissusSavage
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Sep 03, 2009
Age: 32
Posts: 681

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A damsel in distress is a mighty powerful turn on for most males. This is likely what you are experiencing.
_________________
I am Ignostic.
Go ahead and define god, with universal acceptance of said definition.
I'll wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hyperlexian
loves the man who typed too much and ran outta spa
Forum Moderator


Joined: Jul 22, 2010
Age: 41
Posts: 21997
Location: with bucephalus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's interesting that you have this effect, OP. while NarcissusSavage is correct about females in distress being attractive to many males, at the same time... when women cry it is generally a powerful anaphrodisiac (mood-killer).

Quote:
According to a new study, even a whiff of these tears can dramatically reduce menís testosterone levels and to a lesser extent, their sense of sexual arousal. With or without conscious awareness, womenís crying can just turn men off.


http://healthland.time.com/2011/01/06/the-crying-game-womens-tears-dial-down-testosterone/

so OP, if you can cry and still turn men on, you have got something unusual going on.
_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp5043493.html#5043493
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Matt62
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Jan 05, 2012
Age: 52
Posts: 1235

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has happened several times with me. Somehow some girl I do not even know will hit on me at the *WORST* possible time. One time, in college, it was a chick who walked into my dorm room.. Well, I had a stricture at my bladder neck at the time. Sex was OUT OF THE QUESTION. Major, major pain.
Its the Universe having a laugh at my expense..

Matthew
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrinklyCrustacean
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Mar 23, 2009
Posts: 1242

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperlexian wrote:
it's interesting that you have this effect, OP. while NarcissusSavage is correct about females in distress being attractive to many males, at the same time... when women cry it is generally a powerful anaphrodisiac (mood-killer).

That article about crying turning men's sex drive off doesn't surprise me. It can be difficult to know how to comfort a girl when she's upset, and worse, when she's crying, because suddenly everything is "off the script" so to speak.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaejoongfangirl
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Oct 20, 2007
Posts: 578

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also heard about the study that says women's tears are chemically effective in reducing male arousal. But concerning emotions manifested in ways other than effusive, torrential sobs, i think the opposite correlation is true. I should make a graph that tracks my stress level (independent) and the number of voluntary, physical interactions/touches initiated by men towards me (dependent).

I definitely get more complements about my appearance and romantic/sexually motivated attention when I'm stressed out, have cried recently, or had a lack of sleep supplemented by a copious amount of expresso. Fortunately, this is probably going to end up being evolutionarily advantageous because I'm planning to go to grad school for a PhD in one of the sciences. Laughing Yay for sexy emotional instability induced by stress and caffeine!

OP, maybe we're just more evolved.. I think we're just doing our part to shape a new, totally awesome graduate student wildtype for the year 3000. You and I can start a new, ultra-difficult academy that makes really, really ridiculously good looking students even more ridiculously good looking. I'll be Professor X/Derek Zoolander; you can be Hank/Hansel

If you want me to be serious, I think maybe displays of obvious emotions might make people seem more attractive by making them seem less cold. I mean, of course if you're happy you're more attractive/approachable, but it think the same is true for some other emotional states. Especially if you're usually more sure of yourself/insular, any emotion makes you seem more approachable. Which probably contributes to the appeal of a damsel in distress. Maybe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> Love and Dating   

 
Read more Articles on Wrong Planet



Wrong Planet is a Registered Trademark.
Copyright 2004-2014, Wrong Planet, LLC and Alex Plank. Alex does public speaking for Autism.

Advertise on Wrong Planet

Alex Hotchalk / Glam 

Alex Plank  Aspie Affection 

Terms of Service - You must read this as a user of Wrong Planet | Privacy Policy

Subscribe: RSS Feed  Wrong Planet News  Wrong Planet Forums




fine art