WrongPlanet.net
WP Members: > 80,000



Aspie Affection

New Today: 21
New Yesterday: 25

Aspergers and Infantilism Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> General Autism Discussion     
doublek
Emu Egg
Emu Egg


Joined: Mar 13, 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: hi im 28 Reply with quote

I was diagnosed with aspegers I am a male I also am an adult baby but I am catholic and trying to stop my personal opinion is that it does has to do with aspergers I am just a baby in my heart i dont want it to be sexaul and for the mist part its not i just love ruturning back to a baby in my own world I am embaressed to ask I sicitrist if there is a connection but I can't stop wearing footed sucking my thumb crawling around talking in baby language and using a paci I just want to be a baby agian I don't want it to be sexual I just want to know how can I be a baby and not let it turn me on and does it really have to do with aspergers cuase I can't help it it's like who I am just like the aspergers since it's a develement disorder maybe I just haven't fully mutured can some one give me some peice of mind and tell me that I am ababy cause im have aspergers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
IdahoRose
Imaginary Friend
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 25, 2007
Age: 23
Posts: 20096
Location: The Gem State

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not an infantilist, but I do have a different paraphilia which I don't think I should talk about for the sake of keeping this topic clean. I think that there are two reasons why it seems like autistic people are more prone to fetishes: either 1) our already-abnormal neurological wiring would make us more likely to be aroused by unusual things or 2) there isn't really a neurological reason; it just seems like more autistic people have fetishes due to the fact that a lot of us don't filter the things we say so we're more likely to talk about private matters such as sex and fetishes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anika
Butterfly
Butterfly


Joined: Aug 21, 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Personality Reply with quote

You're a person. With a personality. Infantilism is part of that, and nothing has to be wrong with that.

If you want to change that part of you, talk with your doctor or therapist about it. If you don't, just don't. I'm bossy. I could work on it, but I like being bossy.

You don't need to be ashamed. We all yearn for lost youth. We all look out the window at work and wish we were on a playground. We all want our moms to make us soup when we're sick. Everything in life, every part of the human existence, exists on a spectrum. You just happen to be farther over on that particular spectrum than most.

We can't change what makes us happy. There are infantilists. You happen to be one of them. You can work hard to change your behavior, and find other things that make you happy, if you really want that.

I guess all I'm saying is you can be who you want to be, just like everybody else. Because everyone is on a spectrum, even if it's on the opposite side as you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doublek
Emu Egg
Emu Egg


Joined: Mar 13, 2011
Age: 31
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks guys that helps alot I will just be me and thats being a baby and im happy that way i cant change that its part of who i am and i love that babyish side of me thanks agian bye
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
2wheels4ever
On the Nightrain, ready to crash and burn
Phoenix


Joined: May 04, 2012
Age: 42
Posts: 1585
Location: The Jungle, baby!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, necro! Though I am curious to see if there are actual questions about it in the new diagnostic criteria, if I can ever get a referral
_________________
So easy, but nothing seems to please me, it all fits so right when I fade into the night
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
League_Girl
Proud mamma
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 05, 2010
Posts: 16437
Location: My house

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2wheels4ever wrote:
Gah, necro! Though I am curious to see if there are actual questions about it in the new diagnostic criteria, if I can ever get a referral


For infantilism? Why would anyone want to be diagnosed with it?
_________________
Titanic is a good diaper movie, lots of flooding
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caz72
Sea Gull
Sea Gull


Joined: Feb 21, 2013
Age: 44
Posts: 219

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i may might be infantile, but for sexual reasons. i dont wear nappies or have a dummy, but i do like my husband to treat me like a baby, even though i am mature and independent-minded otherwise. i dont know of this counts?

he doesnt mind either. he likes to carry me to bed. also he lets me have one or two of his fingers in my mouth for me to suck. also he likes to burp me, like pat my back or rub my back for ages, but again it more like a sexual thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingdomOfRats
autism & ID activist
Phoenix


Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 5313
Location: f'ton,manchester UK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the guys living here has infantilism,am living in a largish specialist residential centre for kids,teens and adults on the severe or profound spectrums of autism though this individual likes pretending he cant do anything for himself and he will speak and act like a baby in front of staff,they believe it is because he has the mental capacity of a baby but he has let his mask slip regulary when staff arent there by behaving and speaking like a NT adult then switching when staff enter the room,it had been a staffer who first noticed this when he didnt realise it wasnt just service users around.

he does everything for the attention of staff and resents the rest of us for having any attention off them including when we are being supported with personal care.
one profoundly autistic lad he bullies like crazy; every day if all the staffers are busy running around he tries to get to him and twist his ear so badly that it bursts in the corner and bleeds and the poor lad does not have the capacity to understand how to react so he transfers his agression onto the profoundly autistic girl whose usualy sat there or staff.

he sees the lad as an ultimate threat on his want for attention-he isabsolutely resentful of him.
am also a target of his every day,whenever am out in the public areas he uses a sensory overload technique because am a 'head banger' and suffer incredible deep pain from sensory overload so usualy end up knocking self out if am not collapsing to the floor into a deep sleep from the noise, the reason he does it is am brought back in bedroom so fella has staff to himself again, am not able to interact with staff without him hijacking and taking the attention onto him.
am also sexualy abused by him-and between this and the bullying from him,mum dad and sister have had many complaints in but they say it isnt sexual abuse nor bullying because he doesnt have the mental capacity to understand,BS.
whenever have kicked off at him for abuse, am the one who gets told off because aparently he is just being silly,yeah right-being sexualy abused or in severe agonising pain and involuntarily sent collapsing into a coma every time he does his sensory bullying is silly.

kicked the crap out of him once when he peed on the chickens of mine because we were both outside and am the one staff was interacting with,not him.
he even pretends to wet his clothes sometimes because of the way he is treated,staff who havent known him for along time think has toileting difficulties,am the only adult living here who has incontinence as part of their autism and LD,and people here made assumptions about it for a long time before allowing the incon nurse to assess because they assume stereotypes with it, am prescribed nappies on the NHS but people like fella here are automaticaly assumed to need them its a good job we have staff who know their sht onboard.
so its not quite traditional infantilism,but he does have LD,mental health and personality disorders. which flavour how he acts.
_________________
>severely autistic.
>>the residential autist; http://theresidentialautist.blogspot.co.uk
blogging from the view of an ex institutionalised autism/ID activist now in community care.
>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
daydreamer84
Brown Ajah
Phoenix


Joined: Jul 09, 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 5140
Location: My own little world

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingdomOfRats wrote:
one of the guys living here has infantilism,am living in a largish specialist residential centre for kids,teens and adults on the severe or profound spectrums of autism though this individual likes pretending he cant do anything for himself and he will speak and act like a baby in front of staff,they believe it is because he has the mental capacity of a baby but he has let his mask slip regulary when staff arent there by behaving and speaking like a NT adult then switching when staff enter the room,it had been a staffer who first noticed this when he didnt realise it wasnt just service users around.

he does everything for the attention of staff and resents the rest of us for having any attention off them including when we are being supported with personal care.
one profoundly autistic lad he bullies like crazy; every day if all the staffers are busy running around he tries to get to him and twist his ear so badly that it bursts in the corner and bleeds and the poor lad does not have the capacity to understand how to react so he transfers his agression onto the profoundly autistic girl whose usualy sat there or staff.

he sees the lad as an ultimate threat on his want for attention-he isabsolutely resentful of him.
am also a target of his every day,whenever am out in the public areas he uses a sensory overload technique because am a 'head banger' and suffer incredible deep pain from sensory overload so usualy end up knocking self out if am not collapsing to the floor into a deep sleep from the noise, the reason he does it is am brought back in bedroom so fella has staff to himself again, am not able to interact with staff without him hijacking and taking the attention onto him.
am also sexualy abused by him-and between this and the bullying from him,mum dad and sister have had many complaints in but they say it isnt sexual abuse nor bullying because he doesnt have the mental capacity to understand,BS.
whenever have kicked off at him for abuse, am the one who gets told off because aparently he is just being silly,yeah right-being sexualy abused or in severe agonising pain and involuntarily sent collapsing into a coma every time he does his sensory bullying is silly.

kicked the crap out of him once when he peed on the chickens of mine because we were both outside and am the one staff was interacting with,not him.
he even pretends to wet his clothes sometimes because of the way he is treated,staff who havent known him for along time think has toileting difficulties,am the only adult living here who has incontinence as part of their autism and LD,and people here made assumptions about it for a long time before allowing the incon nurse to assess because they assume stereotypes with it, am prescribed nappies on the NHS but people like fella here are automaticaly assumed to need them its a good job we have staff who know their sht onboard.
so its not quite traditional infantilism,but he does have LD,mental health and personality disorders. which flavour how he acts.


THat sounds horrible. I'm sorry you're being bullied and sexually abused and you are whether or not he has the mental capacity to know he;s doing it. Even if hypothetically it wasn't his fault it's still the responsibility of your cargivers to stop it from happening. It's not okay. If this keeps going on and the staff won't do anything about it then maybe you should get your family to find you a different group home.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daydreamer84
Brown Ajah
Phoenix


Joined: Jul 09, 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 5140
Location: My own little world

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have infantalism but I am very immature and like some childlike things: children's songs and cartoons.Besides the 3 or 4 people in this thread who said they are or had been in their lives I know there are a couple others on this site. One is LittleTigger. He's proud of it and talked about it a lot on here but I haven't seen him around for awhile. I'd guess that this and other deviations from the norm , fetishes ect. are more common among people with ASD then in the general population. I have no idea if this is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me. People with ASD are less likely to feel the societal pressure that would make people ashamed of such things (not that people should be).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2wheels4ever
On the Nightrain, ready to crash and burn
Phoenix


Joined: May 04, 2012
Age: 42
Posts: 1585
Location: The Jungle, baby!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daydreamer84 wrote:
Well, I don't have infantalism but I am very immature and like some childlike things: children's songs and cartoons.Besides the 3 or 4 people in this thread who said they are or had been in their lives I know there are a couple others on this site. One is LittleTigger. He's proud of it and talked about it a lot on here but I haven't seen him around for awhile. I'd guess that this and other deviations from the norm , fetishes ect. are more common among people with ASD then in the general population. I have no idea if this is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me. People with ASD are less likely to feel the societal pressure that would make people ashamed of such things (not that people should be).


There are people on a major ABDL* forum that identify as Littles and don't incorporate wearing/using, a minority within a minority for sure but post-toddler regression does exist
_________________
So easy, but nothing seems to please me, it all fits so right when I fade into the night
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
daydreamer84
Brown Ajah
Phoenix


Joined: Jul 09, 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 5140
Location: My own little world

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2wheels4ever wrote:
daydreamer84 wrote:
Well, I don't have infantalism but I am very immature and like some childlike things: children's songs and cartoons.Besides the 3 or 4 people in this thread who said they are or had been in their lives I know there are a couple others on this site. One is LittleTigger. He's proud of it and talked about it a lot on here but I haven't seen him around for awhile. I'd guess that this and other deviations from the norm , fetishes ect. are more common among people with ASD then in the general population. I have no idea if this is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me. People with ASD are less likely to feel the societal pressure that would make people ashamed of such things (not that people should be).


There are people on a major ABDL* forum that identify as Littles and don't incorporate wearing/using, a minority within a minority for sure but post-toddler regression does exist


No, I'm not that. There's nothing wrong with it IMO but I don't identify as an adult little kid. I just like children's folk songs and some children's cartoons. A lot of adult members on this site like cartoons( think of all the adults that are into My Little Pony, for example) and I know Joe90 mentioned she also listens to kid's songs on her IPOD. If that qualified a person to be an infantalist there would be a huge % of them in the population.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> General Autism Discussion   
Previous  1, 2  

 
Read more Articles on Wrong Planet



Wrong Planet is a Registered Trademark.
Copyright 2004-2014, Wrong Planet, LLC and Alex Plank. Alex does public speaking for Autism.

Advertise on Wrong Planet

Alex Hotchalk / Glam 

Alex Plank  Aspie Affection 

Terms of Service - You must read this as a user of Wrong Planet | Privacy Policy

Subscribe: RSS Feed  Wrong Planet News  Wrong Planet Forums




fine art