WrongPlanet.net
WP Members: > 80,000



Aspie Affection

New Today: 26
New Yesterday: 31

Eager women?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> Love and Dating     
biostructure
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Dec 18, 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 1198

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Eager women? Reply with quote

One problem it seems I run into is that there is a real lack of eager women out there--you know ones who can't wait to do something with a guy. And I don't mean sex, I mean just getting together to have coffee, go for a walk, etc. Women just don't come on that strong, even if they sound interested and know I'm interested, and that really disappoints me. I have a kind of racing mind that just wants to get somewhere!! I think that's like 2/3 of the reason I don't do well with small talk. I don't like feeling I have to hold back just to match women's snail-pace way of getting to know guys.

It's one of the reasons why I think a woman with hypomania may be a total godsend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moog
Not currently a moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Age: 35
Posts: 17663
Location: Untied Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you aren't doing anything that inspires eagerness in them?
_________________
Not currently a moderator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AngelRho
Synclavier owner/operator
Phoenix


Joined: Jan 05, 2008
Posts: 4467
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Eager women? Reply with quote

biostructure wrote:
One problem it seems I run into is that there is a real lack of eager women out there--you know ones who can't wait to do something with a guy. And I don't mean sex, I mean just getting together to have coffee, go for a walk, etc. Women just don't come on that strong, even if they sound interested and know I'm interested, and that really disappoints me. I have a kind of racing mind that just wants to get somewhere!! I think that's like 2/3 of the reason I don't do well with small talk. I don't like feeling I have to hold back just to match women's snail-pace way of getting to know guys.

It's one of the reasons why I think a woman with hypomania may be a total godsend.


I had the misfortune of attracting a girl like that. Maybe no hypomania, but she did have a strong need for constant stimulation.

A word of warning: That kind of girl, in my experience, will want CONSTANT attention. You want someone that needs to be entertained constantly. If you have a lot of money and a lot of energy, go for it. When I dated a girl like that, she nearly bled me dry. For my money, I need someone a lot more easy-going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JLee50
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse


Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not into the obsessive / overly-clingy type myself, but whatever works for you dude..just try not to get in over your head. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biostructure
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Dec 18, 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 1198

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK maybe I should clarify--not clingy, what I mean is anxious to get to know a guy to see if he is her type. Who wants to get a few dates underway really early, but then keeps the pace similar once you get to know each other.

Women often are really tentative at the beginning, and need a lot of prodding to go on the first few dates, or else a lot of waiting. Getting them to return emails, phone calls, etc. is a really unreliable thing, and you never know where you stand. But then (as I understand from talking to men who've actually gotten there), women tend to become very clingy once you've gotten to know each other.

What I'm talking about wanting is the opposite of that--women who are very eager to get back to you and establish communication in the beginning to get to know you, but then once you have kind of established who each person is and where everyone stands, become more laid back, or at least keep up that medium pace.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yasmine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus


Joined: May 23, 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 300
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be because with that kind of eagerness it is really easy to attract men that will abuse you/stalk you/not take no for an answer. Also more even-minded guys will probably think she is always going to be like that/that she's hiding more crazy/gonna cling for her life. You are basically asking for a personality type that wears her heart on her sleeve - you simply can't trust people and get attached to them that quickly. I know you're only mentioning 'eagerness', but "heart on your sleeve/the next guy might be the one"idea is really what that stems from.

My point is reality will cure such a disposition real quick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biostructure
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Dec 18, 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 1198

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yasmine wrote:
Might be because with that kind of eagerness it is really easy to attract men that will abuse you/stalk you/not take no for an answer. Also more even-minded guys will probably think she is always going to be like that/that she's hiding more crazy/gonna cling for her life. You are basically asking for a personality type that wears her heart on her sleeve - you simply can't trust people and get attached to them that quickly. I know you're only mentioning 'eagerness', but "heart on your sleeve/the next guy might be the one"idea is really what that stems from.

My point is reality will cure such a disposition real quick.


I often think that a lot of the behaviors in women that are hard for me to understand come from them having been shaped far more by the reality of relationships than I have been. For us guys, often the only reality we see is that women are disinterested in us, nothing more specific than that. But even the most clueless women seem to be a lot more in a position to actually experience relationships, and therefore get a clearer picture of how everything works, so they are not as clueless anymore.

Of course, there are downsides to being constrained by reality, and I am very grateful that I have been able to be in my head most of the time. I don't know if I were a woman how different it would be.

Oh, and what you're talking about might not come from an idea "the next person could be the one", it could come from a pressing need to get dating experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hale_bopp
All Kinds of Freak
Phoenix


Joined: Nov 03, 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 15652
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in this case its more the fact people just can't be bothered doing stuff. I've been asked to do stuff and intend to but other/important stuff gets in the way or I just can't be bothered.

The only way I really got anywhere with someone was when I went out every friday night anyway and he did too, and I had to look at him all day for a month.
_________________
New dating site for geeks:
www.ingeeklove.com

My personal page:
www.aspergersgirl.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ferdinand
That's all there is, there isn't any more
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 28, 2010
Posts: 4332
Location: America

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hale_bopp wrote:
The only way I really got anywhere with someone was when I went out every friday night anyway and he did too, and I had to look at him all day for a month.


Hurp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shebakoby
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Sep 06, 2009
Age: 41
Posts: 1670

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, theres eager...and then there's bat-excrement insane/possessive. Weeding these out could be a problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erisad
More like Erihappy, amirite?
Phoenix


Joined: Jul 06, 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 13062
Location: United States

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not eager to get to know guys quickly because of terrible experiences before. Cheaters, abusers, etc. That's why I prefer to be more cautious. A "better safe than sorry" type of mentality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> Love and Dating   

 
Read more Articles on Wrong Planet



Wrong Planet is a Registered Trademark.
Copyright 2004-2014, Wrong Planet, LLC and Alex Plank. Alex does public speaking for Autism.

Advertise on Wrong Planet

Alex Hotchalk / Glam 

Alex Plank  Aspie Affection 

Terms of Service - You must read this as a user of Wrong Planet | Privacy Policy

Subscribe: RSS Feed  Wrong Planet News  Wrong Planet Forums




fine art