Joined: Jun 07, 2008 Age: 25 Posts: 245 Location: Singapore
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:34 am Post subject: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Okay so i admit that there's already a thread for this game in the Kids' Crater forum but the thread's obviously on the wrong forum so I'm setting up one here.
For those who don't know what this game is, it's a new Spider-Man video game coming out on September 10 on the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. The story goes like this:-
During a skirmish between Spider-Man and Mysterio, Spider-Man accidentally shattered a powerful artifact called the Tablet of Order and Chaos, causing an imbalance between various realities across Time and Space. So Madam Web tasked Spider-Man and 3 other alternate versions of him to retrieve the fragments of the Tablet to restore order between Time and Space.
In this game, you get to play as 4 Spider-Men from different realities in comics, and they are as followed:-
* Amazing Spider-Man - the Spider-Man we all know and love and the one who broke the tablet.
* Spider-Man Noir - a version of Peter Parker who became Spider-Man during the Great Depression in 1933.
* Spider-Man 2099 - Miguel O'Hara, a geneticist working for the Alchemex corporation who got caught in a gene-splicing accident and receives powers similar but different to the Spider-Man we all know of and a few other powers aswell, dons a modified Day of the Dead festival costume and becomes the Spider-Man of the year 2099, fighting corruption in a cyberpunk-like setting.
* Ultimate Spider-Man - a version of Peter Parker from a reality where super-powered beings have more realistic origins, the Ultimate Marvel Universe in comics. For this story, Madam Web rebonded him with his reality's version of the Venom symbiote, much to his initial chagrin.
There's also other unlockable costumes available, like a Spider-Man who, in his reality, is a ninja from the Spider-Clan, for the Ultimate stages.
Each universe's Spider-Man has a unique fighting technique that distinguishes him from the others:-
* Amazing Spider-Man is all about using his webbing in various web-based attacks.
* Spider-Man Noir is all about stealth-based gameplay.
* Spider-Man 2099's specialty is in aerial-like attacks and acrobatics.
* Ultimate Spider-Man's version of the Venom symbiote suit uses tendrils and spikes to move around, perform various actions and battle enemies, mixed in with his web powers and wall-crawling.
The four Spider-Man are voiced by actors who had voice Spider-Man in various shows:-
* Amazing Spider-Man is voiced by Neil Patrick Harris, who had previously voiced him in 2003 Spider-Man cartoon.
* Spider-Man Noir is voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes, who previously voiced Peter Parker in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon.
* Spider-Man 2099 is voiced by Dan Gilvezan, who previously voiced Peter Parker in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.
* Ultimate Spider-Man is voiced by Josh Keaton, who previously voiced Peter Parker is the most recent cartoon, the Spectacular Spider-Man.
In addition to that, the narrator for the game is Stan Lee himself, the guy who owns Marvel Entertainment.
Alright I know not all of you will be interested in the game unless you see actual gameplay so here's a gameplay walkthrough video for you guys that will also explain the plot in more detail. I strongly suggest you watch it in HD if your PC allows it to to see it much clearer in detail:-
_________________ Hello, friends.
Last edited by ashmeister on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Joined: May 26, 2008 Age: 24 Posts: 6443 Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:10 am Post subject:
looks good, I am a fan of Spider-man games, the regular one looks familiar enough which is good, symbiot suit can be fun, future one looks pretty awesome and I liked the cartoon of the future spider-man show, and the past one kind of reminds me of the Arkham Asylum game, so that might be good too. Also looks like it has some nice wit too, which again can be a nice positive. _________________ Blast Reality! Burst it into shreds! Vanishment... this world!