WrongPlanet.net
WP Members: > 80,000



Aspie Affection

New Today: 8
New Yesterday: 26

Israel's Netanyahu strikes surprise coalition deal 1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> News and Current Events     
snapcap
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Oct 13, 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 2328

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Israel's Netanyahu strikes surprise coalition deal Reply with quote

Israel's Netanyahu strikes surprise coalition deal

Quote:
Netanyahu calls off early elections after reaching a deal with Kadima opposition for a unity government


Netanyahu called off the elections, so that the government could be more moderate. This is the kind of thing US people think is going to happen anytime to quell social unrest, and now it's happening in Israel. I see it as Israel gearing itself to wage war around the region.

Biggest questions on Israel official's minds? Should we go to war with Iran, Syria, Lebanon, or Jordan first?
_________________
*some atheist walks outside and picks up stick*

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker


Joined: May 04, 2012
Posts: 184

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that it is still possible to prevent war in this region.
I hope that in the future there would be a government in Israel which would try to stop new settlements in the West Bank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snapcap
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Oct 13, 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 2328

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aelfwine wrote:
I hope that it is still possible to prevent war in this region.
I hope that in the future there would be a government in Israel which would try to stop new settlements in the West Bank.


I'm thinking that Israel is trying to provoke an attack on them so they can have the excuse to go after these countries, considering they are bullying areas to give up their livelihoods

Israel's Civil Administration orders Palestinians to uproot 1,000 young olive trees in nature reserve

Quote:
Israel's Civil Administration in the West Bank has ordered Palestinian villagers to uproot more than 1,000 olive trees because they were planted in a nature reserve.


Destroying their homes





Israel to revive razing of homes as form of punishment

Quote:
Israel is planning to revive a controversial form of collective punishment by razing the family homes of two Palestinians convicted of murdering Jewish settlers in the West Bank.


Being indefinitely detained by Israel officials for arbitrary reasons (no good reason)


1500 Prisoners on Hunger Strike for Basic Rights: Could Hillary Say Boo?


Quote:
More than 1,500 prisoners are currently observing an open-ended hunger strike in defense of basic human rights: the right not to be detained without charge, the right not to be subjected to sustained solitary confinement, the right to be visited by one's family. Two of the prisoners have been on hunger strike for more than 70 days and have been widely reported to be "near death."


Palestinian convicts on hunger strike must leave bed to see lawyer, Israel Prison Service says

Quote:
The Israeli Prison Service responded to criticism that it was withholding legal counsel from hunger-striking Palestinian prisoners on Thursday, by saying that the prisoners right s to an attorney was conditional on their getting out of bed to ask for a meeting with a lawyer.


Hamas has threatened to attack Israel if any of the prisoners die.

Hamas threatens Israel if hunger striker dies

Quote:
Hamas leader al-Haya says group will ready army if any of the 1500 hunger-striking prisoners in Israeli jails dies.


What a coincidence it would be if the prisoners started dying after an attack on Iran!

Hamas says it will not go to war for Iran

Quote:
(Reuters) - The Islamist movement Hamas will not let itself be dragged into a war against Israel if it attacks the nuclear facilities of Hamas ally Iran, Gaza leader Ismail Haniyeh said on Thursday.


Shocked

It's coming!

For Israel, attacking Iran is suddenly back on the table

Quote:
JERUSALEM Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's frenetic politicking over the last week appears aimed at one thing: strengthening his ability to take on Iran.


Oh, and just to remind what all this is about, and no, it's not about the nuclear ambitions of countries in the ME.





It's the oil.
_________________
*some atheist walks outside and picks up stick*

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
visagrunt
Polymath
Phoenix


Joined: Oct 17, 2009
Age: 46
Posts: 6026
Location: Vancouver, BC

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Israel's Netanyahu strikes surprise coalition deal Reply with quote

snapcap wrote:
Netanyahu called off the elections, so that the government could be more moderate. This is the kind of thing US people think is going to happen anytime to quell social unrest, and now it's happening in Israel. I see it as Israel gearing itself to wage war around the region.

Biggest questions on Israel official's minds? Should we go to war with Iran, Syria, Lebanon, or Jordan first?


I see quite the opposite. Netanyahu never really needed a large majority in the Knesset in order to take military action against Iran--so long as he was Prime Minister he had the tools at his disposal, and enough support from the hawks to see it through. The opposition to military action has primarily come from outside Israel--and that hasn't changed.

But his supermajority does allow him to do some things that would have been impossible earlier:

1) Amend the election law to raise the threshhold for Knesset representation to diminish the lunatic fringe.
2) End the military service exclusion for Orthodox Jews.
3) Return to the negotiating table with Fatah.

He will lose coalition partners on each of these, but with Kadima in the government, he will never lose a confidence vote.
_________________
--James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
snapcap
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Oct 13, 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 2328

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Israel's Netanyahu strikes surprise coalition deal Reply with quote

visagrunt wrote:

2) End the military service exclusion for Orthodox Jews.


That would be useful if you're about involve your citizens in a conflict, and because the US is stretched out. The US has given them enough funding, I guess it's going to be their turn soon. Hope not!
_________________
*some atheist walks outside and picks up stick*

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker


Joined: May 04, 2012
Posts: 184

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is fundamental against the human rights to occupy the West Bank.
I think that there is not much time for a solution of this conflict, the time is running out.
I would support a demilitarized and independent palestinean state with a good and moderate government.
Netanjahu should try to get a solution with the Fatah but he support to build settlements, and cemented so the conflikt.
So more and more disappointed palestinean persons could support the hamas.

I also dislike the trade embargo to the gaza stripe.
Yes it is wrong if the hamas would be supported with weapons, but what would be bad if the inhabitants of Gaza could become more food.

I think the smaller settlements should be given up, and the land of the bigger ones should come to Israel, and Israel should give the palestineans in exchange with the settlements other areas.

(I'm working on a school presentation about this topic, and I had the problem that the conflict is to complex to make a only 10 minutes long presentation)
(Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
visagrunt
Polymath
Phoenix


Joined: Oct 17, 2009
Age: 46
Posts: 6026
Location: Vancouver, BC

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Israel's Netanyahu strikes surprise coalition deal Reply with quote

snapcap wrote:
That would be useful if you're about involve your citizens in a conflict, and because the US is stretched out. The US has given them enough funding, I guess it's going to be their turn soon. Hope not!


Hardly. There are too few orthodox to make a difference. And a strike against Iran wouldn't be a ground war, anyway.
_________________
--James
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
snapcap
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Oct 13, 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 2328

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Israel's Netanyahu strikes surprise coalition deal Reply with quote

visagrunt wrote:
snapcap wrote:
That would be useful if you're about involve your citizens in a conflict, and because the US is stretched out. The US has given them enough funding, I guess it's going to be their turn soon. Hope not!


Hardly. There are too few orthodox to make a difference. And a strike against Iran wouldn't be a ground war, anyway.


It could be a ground war if there's a conflict with their neighbors to the north(Lebanon, Syria) and east(Jordan). Better to be prepared to whatever's coming.
_________________
*some atheist walks outside and picks up stick*

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longshanks
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 03, 2012
Posts: 513
Location: At an undisclosed airbase at Shangri-la

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time that Israel had a coalition government was just a few days before the 6-Day war. Having said that, I really think that Iran would look much better glowing in the dark. I hope they wipe those haji pukes off of the face of the planet!

Longshanks
_________________
Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruveyn
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Sep 22, 2008
Age: 77
Posts: 31348
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longshanks wrote:
The last time that Israel had a coalition government was just a few days before the 6-Day war. Having said that, I really think that Iran would look much better glowing in the dark. I hope they wipe those haji pukes off of the face of the planet!

Longshanks


From your keyboard to Yahweh's viewing screen. Dead Muslim fanatics are the best Muslim fanatics.

ruveyn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VMSmith
a figment of my own imagination
Phoenix


Joined: Apr 18, 2011
Age: 22
Posts: 2727
Location: the old country

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you both sound genocidal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HisDivineMajesty
Carolingian Emperor Extraordinaire
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 01, 2012
Posts: 1364
Location: Planet Earth

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not genocidal to want Iran's regime wiped off the face of the earth at any cost. It's a choice people might be making, and a choice I wouldn't fully oppose. Before, I was in favour of Palestine, and underdog Iran. However, now I've realised that Israel is, perhaps, the best country that side of Greece. What I think we should personally focus on, though, is getting our own muslim populations under control at any cost. Muslims are seen as a cultural benefit by the increasingly tiny elite. However, they're not much of a cultural benefit if my father has to correct their spelling of the Takbr spray-painted on a Christian primary school because they wrote something barely literate.

Thirty minutes ago, I was yelled at by three muslims next to my house. These people are a disgrace. If they commit any crime, we should be able to deport them to whatever country's flag they have flying outside their house five times. Multiculturalism, even left-wing parties now admit, is an abject failure that led to a large part of our population completely ignoring laws, going around partying after terrorist attacks, raping, murdering and yelling at people. Calling us "cancer whites" and saying we should be eradicated while we're paying for them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Longshanks
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Feb 03, 2012
Posts: 513
Location: At an undisclosed airbase at Shangri-la

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruveyn wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
The last time that Israel had a coalition government was just a few days before the 6-Day war. Having said that, I really think that Iran would look much better glowing in the dark. I hope they wipe those haji pukes off of the face of the planet!

Longshanks


From your keyboard to Yahweh's viewing screen. Dead Muslim fanatics are the best Muslim fanatics.

ruveyn


Amen, brother! Too many of them out there have tried to take me out.
_________________
Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snapcap
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Oct 13, 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 2328

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
Before, I was in favour of Palestine, and underdog Iran. However, now I've realised that Israel is, perhaps, the best country that side of Greece. What I think we should personally focus on, though, is getting our own muslim populations under control at any cost.


That's what the plan was in 1948 for the creation of Israel, to destroy the Muslim world. And people wonder why a portion of the them went nuts.

I bet the reason Europe has let in so many Muslims in their countries is to infuriate the population enough that they won't be so sadden by plights faced in that part of the world. But it wasn't the citizens that let them in, it is the rulers. They are the ones that should be questioned about letting everyone in at once.

Quote:
Thirty minutes ago, I was yelled at by three muslims next to my house. These people are a disgrace. If they commit any crime, we should be able to deport them to whatever country's flag they have flying outside their house five times. Multiculturalism, even left-wing parties now admit, is an abject failure that led to a large part of our population completely ignoring laws, going around partying after terrorist attacks, raping, murdering and yelling at people. Calling us "cancer whites" and saying we should be eradicated while we're paying for them.


They yelled at you? Sounds like racist white Americans reacting to blacks entering the neighborhood. I agree that a lot of them shouldn't be there, but if they are given the opportunity, could you blame them? The leaders need to be questioned. But just like the problems facing the Middle East after the formation of Israel, I'm sure the leaders knew exactly what they were doing.
_________________
*some atheist walks outside and picks up stick*

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ruveyn
Phoenix
Phoenix


Joined: Sep 22, 2008
Age: 77
Posts: 31348
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snapcap wrote:


That's what the plan was in 1948 for the creation of Israel, to destroy the Muslim world. And people wonder why a portion of the them went nuts.



That was NOT the plan. In 1947 the majority of Jews were ready to accept the U.N. partition plan (in which case the Holy Land would be divided up like Cyprus is now). The Arab speaking crazies would have none of it and they made war on the Jews. Suprise! They lost!

In 1967 the Arab speaking crazies tried again. Suprise! They lost!

In 1973 the Arab speaking crazies tried yet again. Suprise! They lost!

Get your history straight.

This time Jews are not going down without a fight. Reread the bible and the story of Sampson.

ruveyn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wrong Planet Autism Forum Index -> News and Current Events   
1, 2  Next  

 
Read more Articles on Wrong Planet



Wrong Planet is a Registered Trademark.
Copyright 2004-2014, Wrong Planet, LLC and Alex Plank. Alex does public speaking for Autism.

Advertise on Wrong Planet

Alex Hotchalk / Glam 

Alex Plank  Aspie Affection 

Terms of Service - You must read this as a user of Wrong Planet | Privacy Policy

Subscribe: RSS Feed  Wrong Planet News  Wrong Planet Forums




fine art