Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HydroPurity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2007, 9:32 pm

Anyone else here a fricken Hypochondriac? I thought I've had cancer about 10 times and now I recently freaked out about AIDS... but I'm healthy as phuck.

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 12:58 pm

sounds really familiar to me. I am healthy as well but think i could always have something. If i do get sick, i dont usually know what to do about it. I did have a biopsy once, and it sent me into orbit just being nervous about the results. No cancer.... thank goodness.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 1:03 pm

I don't know if I am a hypochondriac, but I always worry that doctors perceive me to be one. This is probably irrational, but I know that at least some of them pick up on my anxiety about being there, and treat me like I'm a kid. Plus, have you ever noticed the phenomenon when you decide to make a doctor's appointment because you have a 102 fever and a bad cough, but when you show up at the doctor's 2 hours later, your temperature has magically lowered, and your fever is much better? I think *that's* why I worry they think I'm a hypochondriac.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 1:07 pm

Yup Ive been paranoid about that s**t all my life. I feel so stupid in the end when it turns out everythings fine :lol:

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 1:22 pm

I rmeember one day I woke up and discovered I had shed hair, I was scared and thought I might be dying, but that was years ago and I went to my mother; she said it was nothing, I never went to a doctor or anything and nothing happened to me, so I guess I'm not really a hypochondriac; I just had a hypochondriac episode. :)

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 1:22 pm

yes I get obsessive about my own health

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 9:08 pm

It isn't exactly hypochondria, but I tend to obsess over things. It isn't fear of getting sick as much as being annoyed and bothered by my bodily conditions and imperfections. I have mild back pain all the time from a spine condition and I get really upset over it whenever I'm depressed. I also have a pilonidal cyst that never healed properly after surgery. I don't want to have surgery again because it was such a pain. I also get upset about having fillings and hate people who never get cavities because they were genetically blessed. I know there's people with much worse problems, but I still envy people who don't have my particular problems. I'm only 27 and I already dread getting older and having more crap go wrong.

HydroPurity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Sep 2007, 12:34 am

I thought I had either ball cancer or a rare std once, but I found out it was just a pimple. At least I got to have an ultrasound on my nads by a hot nurse.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 8:51 am

Several years ago I was still terribly afraid that one day I could become blind or have an appendicitis :D

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Sep 2007, 10:25 am

thats never really happend to me, although wheni lived with my stepdad i thought when he made dinner that he was going to put poison in it and kill me :D

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 8:35 pm

Yeah, I've always been convinced I had something potentially fatal. Here's an interesting twist to that. I finally became convinced I was just a healthy hypochondriac. About a year later, I was diagnosed with a potentially fatal illness. I recovered. Now I realize no amount of worry will prevent it, so why bother? If something happens, I'll cross that bridge when I mist. In the mean time, I just use my head, avoid stupid risks, practice good health habits and rest in knowing I've done all I can.

HydroPurity, you are hilarious :lol:

HydroPurity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2007, 4:53 pm

Irulan wrote:
Several years ago I was still terribly afraid that one day I could become blind or have an appendicitis :D

I had an appendicitis. Chances are, you'll know when you have one. It's a horrid pain in your side that won't go away and causes you to throw up anything you have in your stomach. Go to urgent care if this happens to you. I'm glad I'm alive and now don't have to haul my appendix around with me everywhere I go.

maccer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2007, 5:34 pm

I have found a lump on my back a couple of times think its a lump of skin cancer, go to the doctors and it turns out its nothing to worry about and they give me a tube of cream to deal with it.

Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Sep 2007, 10:51 pm

Hi! I am an extreme hypochondriac. I worry 24-7 about my health, especially about the likelihood of getting cancer, and over death. Sorry!! !! !! !

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2007, 3:15 am

Flakey insists I am a hypochondriac for thinking I might have AS...and said the same thing about ADD (prior to my diagnosis)....He has claimed in the past that all I really have is "low self eteem"
...To which I respond...."where do you think my low self esteem comes from, and how does it explain all my sensory issues and whatnot?....etc....(It is a subject of a wee bit of frustration between us)

Anywhoo..I am not much of a hypochondriac these days (unless I am in denial and what Flakey says is true)....but when I was young....I was a super hypochondriac....and was constantly going to the doctor for maladies that the doctor would always say were stress related...

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2007, 5:40 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Flakey insists I am a hypochondriac for thinking I might have AS...and said the same thing about ADD (prior to my diagnosis)....He has claimed in the past that all I really have is "low self eteem"
...To which I respond...."where do you think my low self esteem comes from, and how does it explain all my sensory issues and whatnot?....etc....(It is a subject of a wee bit of frustration between us)

Anywhoo..I am not much of a hypochondriac these days (unless I am in denial and what Flakey says is true)....but when I was young....I was a super hypochondriac....and was constantly going to the doctor for maladies that the doctor would always say were stress related...

who is flakey? if a message board user, do not take what people say about self as fact,if they haven't grown up with the person,and seen what they are like,they cant make a good judgement about what struggles and differences they have,no person should deny someone elses problems especially,when they don't know them-have seen on here,people say to others, because their spelling and writing style is good,they don't really have any difficulties,it is good that they are not doctors.