Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 12:47 pm

NeantHumain wrote:
I got a 54/150 on the SQ-R. It seems I'm very systemizing when it comes to things I'm interested in (e.g., computers, language, etc.), but otherwise I show little systemizing tendency.

I'm the same way. When I get into math, physics, or programming I am absolutely anal retentive in the way I go about it. I'll spend days figuring out ways to rigorously justify any and all logical leaps that the textbook authors were too lazy to explain. I don't feel satisfied until I've filled in every last detail. Also, when programming I also like to make my code immaculately neat and efficient and labor over how best to name and organize all my variables, data structures, functions and such. I like to be able to admire the pristine beauty of my systemized creations.

In terms of practical life matters though my executive functioning sucks and I'm rarely inspired to be terribly organized. I allow my living quarters to become a mess and don't really deal with it until it starts stressing me out.

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 6:23 pm

i systematize a lot of the things i like (lists, comparisons, theory), but what really gets me going is imagining new systems (philosophies, aesthetics, subcultures) that have never existed.

perhaps this is the Glass Bead Game, only nobody plays it.

reasoning." --William Blake

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 7:06 am

I scored 48/80 - almost no women score above 51, so this is very high for a female. I'm interested in loads of things, from art & culture to science, history and politics. I'm especially interested in population migrations/genetics, epigenetics, nutrition and health. I studied microbiology and environmental science at uni. My hobbies are painting and dancing, my type of brain is useful for both of these activities. I used to work in admin and taught myself how to design databases, so I'm starting a P/T degree in IT, later this year, to get a qualification in what I already know. This is where my hope for a future career lies. I suppose this all fits in with being a systemizer.

Last edited by Mummy_of_Peanut on 13 Jun 2012, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

13 Jun 2012, 8:05 am

SQ 71/80.
Quelle surprise...
Electronics, IT, programming, music, and a shedload of others.

TalksToCats
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jun 2012, 9:01 am

SQ-R 96 out of 150
SQ 74 out of 80

Not sure if I did the second one correctly (SQ only) or why it seems so much higher in comparison to the other.

SQ-R test seemed more subtle.

Anyway whichever, I'd say I'm very highly systemising, and I'm female.

I am utterly fascinated by how things work / are put together and always have been. And when I was younger I used to find it really strange that there seemed to be no other women who used to think like me. If my SQ score really is very unusually high for a woman that might explain a few things...

(And no, in case you're wondering, I'm quite sure I'm female, this is very much the gender I identify with.)

My current work involves use of various computing analytical tools / programmes (though not programming) for statistical analysis and mapping as part of social science research. I was also quite skilled in music (playing and reading - not composing) when younger though I've not kept it up. I have a HNC in computing qualification I did a while ago to prove my self-taught computing skills though this isn't my main area of research at all now.