Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

SkywavesLI
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jul 2004, 2:54 pm

The feature, and button, that I use most often on my internet browser (Internet Explorer, in my case) is the refresh button. Whenever I check my e-mail account on-line (such as my Yahoo! account), I always have to refresh it. And I usually refresh it, at least, two times (it's all based on my OC numbers).

Although, I do this not only with my e-mail accounts but also with many websites that I vist. Including websites with forums, or news websites, etc.

I think I do this because of the cache, that the computer has. Although, I know what I do is unreasonable and, I would say, most people don't do it, and get along, on-line, fine.

Either way, before I start rambling on, for too long. All I was wondering, is if anyone else has this obsession (or problem, or whatever you wish to call it).

Thanks,

Andrew

flamingjune
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jul 2004, 3:04 pm

I'm a refresh monkey as well. I open my habitual websites in the morning and there they sit all day and most the night open. When I feel like looking at them I maximize the window and refresh it. It's just how I do it and I get terribly annoyed if someone sits at my computer (which is annoying enough on it's own) and closes them.

Torley_Wong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2004, 5:39 pm

If you folks feel the need to Automate...

I highly recommend a neato-as-Cheetos piece of software known as "Avant Browser". It is a shell for IE which adds many new features like TABS (sooo handy for multiple windows), and guess what? You can set it to auto-refresh windows for you if so desired.

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

17 Jul 2004, 3:45 am

I use the refresh feature frequently, too. I sort of rotate through the message boards I access on a daily basis and others (which include weather related sites, such as radar images and radar loops).

Something else I do, which is probably associated with my AS is clicking somewhere on a site after clicking a link on that site. On most sites an outline appears around the link and (obviously) when you click a blank area of that site that outline disappears.

Last edited by Tom_FL_MA on 25 Jul 2004, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2004, 4:36 am

control R

Bruno
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jul 2004, 9:19 am

One browser feature I'm a little obsessed is tabs, I modified my mouse that when I click my wheel button it opens new tab in background, so on every page I open I have to click at least 5 links on it.. now I have 11 tabs open heh heh.

Torley_Wong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2004, 2:21 pm

Bruno wrote:
One browser feature I'm a little obsessed is tabs, I modified my mouse that when I click my wheel button it opens new tab in background, so on every page I open I have to click at least 5 links on it.. now I have 11 tabs open heh heh.

Another big tabs fan here too... what do ya think I'm doing with this site ;)?

kitkatsavvy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Mar 2005, 7:38 am

i have been wondering for years how to reverse tab... i mean.. you press table and you go forward one icon or whatever.. but how do you reverse tab?? i never knew.. noone ever told me... there were no keyboard instructions on how to do it.. however my uni friend told me like 2wks ago tht you hold shift-tab to do the reverse tab.. then after i said WOW COOL FINALLY.. we had a mini argument as to why there isnt a separate reverse tab key lol :roll: :oops:
refresh is good.. email tends to stop and cark it.. a bit of the old (CLEAR!! !! !! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz - press refresh_) does the job after a while lol