Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2009, 3:43 pm

No clue where this thread belongs, it's music related, it's website-technology related, and adult issue related.

I just had a wtf moment a few minutes ago. What exactly is this site, imeem.com?
I've been getting almost consistent email messages from this site, but I ignore them. I had confused this site with that social networking site where you create your own character image thing; a member on another forum had made a thread ages ago asking us to create an account to help her win some contest or something like that (this wasn't a spammer, it was I think the head admin). I assumed I had deleted that account right after that promotion.
Today I got another message, just one more pointless email to go with the countless other imeem private messages and friend requests that I've gotten.
So I go to the site, and it is a music site, very similar to purevolume.com . Apparently I had signed for some random promotion advertised in Mötley Crüe's newsletter, to get some extra bonus track from Saints of Los Angeles or some shít that I may have forgotten to follow through with.
So I start to investigate what is causing me to get all of these emails, and I've got tons and tons of messages/friend requests from chicks looking for sex. You'd think this was that adultfriendfinder.com advertised in countless banners/popups you see on torrent sites. Is there a reason that this site is like this and not PureVolume?

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2009, 4:08 pm

This belongs in the computer section, if your getting spam emails try reporting the spammer to your internet provider or if your in gmail report the spam in there. you need to be more careful with your email address, I suggest making a gmail account you only use for internet signups, that will save you getting spammed to death with your regular email

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2009, 8:10 pm

Isn't that like the priest at a Mosque?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2009, 8:06 pm

that's i-mam...;)

I think it's a play off 'meme'...an concept or idea (I could be wrong).