Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What is the best use of AOL free trail offer disk?
Skeet shooting targets 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Skeet shooting targets 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Smash with a hammer and mail pieces to AOL headquarters 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Smash with a hammer and mail pieces to AOL headquarters 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
String them up and use as a baby mobil 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
String them up and use as a baby mobil 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Send to Iraq and let armed forces drive over them with tanks 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Send to Iraq and let armed forces drive over them with tanks 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Send it to people who fired me from my last job as a Christmas gift 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Send it to people who fired me from my last job as a Christmas gift 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 58

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2006, 8:40 pm

A few months ago, against my better judgement, I installed a free trial AOL disk in my 1999 model Compaq Presario. Well, after a few days of my computer constantly freezing up or crashing, I decided to uninstall it. What I didn't know was that the program was so badly written it replaced files in my Windows software and the consequence of purging AOL software was empty spaces in program files. In other words, my computer was so wrecked my uncle, who repaired it for me, had to wipe out the whole hard drive and start all over again.

Needless to say, I had a few choice words with AOL and told them where they could put their service. What amazes me is those fools still have the nerve to keep sending me 9.0 disks knowing full well what it did to my computer and that they're lucky I didn't sue them for damages since my uncle fixed it for free. What should I do to keep these coffee table coasters from going to waste? :roll:

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2006, 9:22 pm

I like to shoot them with my BB gun. They are also fun to melt, just don't do it in the microwave because while that may be fun, it is also very expensive... (It is much better to melt Peeps in the microwave.)

Using them as frisbees is a great , and, of course, there is never anything quite so satisfying as the ing sound they make under a hammer.

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jan 2006, 9:28 pm

If you got lost in the woods they would make a nice signal mirror :D

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jan 2006, 9:43 pm

I'm telling you man, break it up and send it back to those bastards - that'll teach 'em what for.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2006, 10:04 pm

You can nuke the CD in the microwave. Just put a glass of water in there to serve as ballast for the RF energy.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2006, 10:55 pm

1. Play frisbee :lol: :twisted:

2. Sell it on ebay, their are people who actually collect those

MindOfOrderedChaos
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2006, 11:12 pm

Put it in the bin. The AOL cd isn't even worth the effort required to distroy it.

magic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2006, 3:30 pm

I collect them, have 30 so far, plus many more that came from other companies.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2006, 3:41 pm

Although this one is really old, CD's make good Drink coasters.

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2006, 4:51 pm

So AOL wrecked your computer and windows had to be reinstalled, why not wreck one of their CDs in any means possible and send it back to them, that will show them what you think of them

Scoots5012 wrote:
You can nuke the CD in the microwave. Just put a glass of water in there to serve as ballast for the RF energy.

Great minds think alike, that is exactly what I would do, (maybe I should try that in the nice 900 watt microwave we have here) reduces them to nothing but coasters

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2006, 2:03 am

Remove this link on your post pleases it''s annoying this one
http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Pikachu%5C%5C%5Cssign.jpg Thanks

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2006, 7:06 pm

You could always do something a pro enviromentalist group did her in the UK. Gather as many of these free trial cds as possible that come as junk mail through your mail box etc and then hire out a dumpster truck to transport them all to the local AOL office and proceed to dump them all on their property, entertainment ensues :P

alex
Developer
Developer

04 Feb 2006, 7:53 pm

Laz wrote:
You could always do something a pro enviromentalist group did her in the UK. Gather as many of these free trial cds as possible that come as junk mail through your mail box etc and then hire out a dumpster truck to transport them all to the local AOL office and proceed to dump them all on their property, entertainment ensues :P

i think they did that in the US first and on a much larger scale

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2006, 8:36 pm

alex wrote:
Laz wrote:

i think they did that in the US first and on a much larger scale

Either way I LOL'd followed by LMAO

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2006, 8:29 am

me i have no problems with aol really (using aol 9.0 security version) only thing i dont like is their tech support its outsourced, it seems aol must be loosing money thats why they send out them cd's in bulk to people.i can remember claling for help form them and get a true professional who was actually trained in info tech. now u get someone who cant understand or speak english or understand about puters cause they get traiend for 2 weeks and no degrees. i have installed and uninstalled and seems im not missing any system files, guessing with certain file builds of maybe operating systems or platforms of puter itself, me im kind of a collector of them cd's i have about one of each version even have one from 1.5 for windows!! (1993???) its a 3.5 diskette. a good idea is if they are rewritable they do make good recovery disks lol

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2006, 10:19 pm

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
What should I do to keep these coffee table coasters from going to waste? :roll:

If you're using them as coasters, they're not going to waste. Keep doing that. =)

[edit]: I think a User Friendly strip had a joke about using AOL discs as coasters. So yeah, go with that.